Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E10: Family Affair

• Start Topic

(edited)

From IMDb:

After an FDIC security guard is killed tending to a pregnant woman in distress, the team races to track down the woman and the killer who took her hostage.

(See also)

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I literally said out loud to myself “Jubal, we lost him” a moment before Maggie said that very thing — seems like it’s said at least once every episode!

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

I called surrogate as soon as they found the delivery boy. Law and Order keeps having surrogate plots too. Too many foot chases. 

I thought the infiltration of the compound was handled poorly. Too few agents and poorly equipped. 

• Like 3

Pretty good episode, good twists and investigation, I couldn’t tell where it was going until they identified the perp and he spewed crazy cult talk. Nice work from the whole team and each character got a good role. 
I did think that they could’ve sent more agents in when they infiltrated the cult, couldn’t there have been room for a couple more people in the back of the van Scola was driving? It made for an exciting finish though and I liked the communication between all of the agents. 
I also wondered - did the cult leader tell his people to stand down or did OA impersonate his voice? I couldn’t tell. 
Are they setting up Maggie to miss episodes in the future or something with OA telling Isobel she needed time off? That will be interesting to see. And does Ella really have no family that could take her in? 

• Like 3
(edited)

Dick Wolf loves to recycle storylines between his TV shows. Not only did Law & Order recently have a surrogacy episode, FBI: Most Wanted has done one this season with a religious cult compound. Wolf needs to get a series on ABC so he spread the wealth even more, lol.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Bad decision by Maggie’s friend to name an FBI AGENT as guardian of her daughter — my gosh!!  I know I sound callous, but I’m over Maggie’s angst.  Of course, those emotions are what a regular person would feel IRL, but this is a TV show and I don’t want to keep hearing about it.  I used to say the same thing about Jess and his family stuff on FBI: MW.  

• Like 4

I know these episodes are filmed well in advance, but is it ever going to be spring in New York?  Everyone looks like homeless people with all the clothes on their backs.

I guess neither Maggie nor OA came from large families, else they would know that bunk beds are assembled by lifting the upper bunk up and over the pipe stands of the lower bunk.  Works in reverse, too, and pregnant lady would have been freed straightaway.

I didn't get Maggie's statement that " 1" below or to the left and I would be dead".  The bullet would still have been stopped by the vest, but if that's the catalyst for future Maggie-less episodes, so be it.

So all the wackdoodles are gathered up in front of the palace to prevent entry.  Did anyone think to look around at the back door?

Several months worth of MREs stored in the garage.  Now I know why they're all brainwashed.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

did the cult leader tell his people to stand down or did OA impersonate his voice? I couldn’t tell. 

OA definitely doesn’t do impersonations.

But I would love to watch a crime show where one of the regulars does do impersonations. 
Wait. There was one, but CBS just canceled So Help Me Todd

I had to laugh as OA and Maggie leaped out of the van in plain sight of all the cultists, with little attempt at stealth, then crouched down behind a car like nobody had seen them.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
(edited)

I suppose Maggie has to angst over something at all times ..
.. yet there are hundreds (thousands?) of job positions in the FBI that don't require the chance of being shot at.  Look around, there is an entire cubicle farm of FBI agents who surf the internet all day for surveillance footage, financial information and Facebook status of suspects. 
  Is she only qualified for foot chases and poor undercover work?

13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Too bad that security guard was killed.  He seemed like a nice guy, even though his coffee date probably wasn't going to see him again.

It would have been nice of him to tell her the reason he was packing a gun during their coffee date.  I was thinking, cop? drug dealer? terrorist? NRA enthusiast? 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Too bad that security guard was killed.

Perfectly fine. He was carrying a gun, after all! Bad citizen, bad! Dick Wolf will show you (and us) the evil of your ways!

11 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Are they setting up Maggie to miss episodes in the future or something with OA telling Isobel she needed time off?

With her waddling around the entire episode wearing baggy, frumpy clothes I assumed she was preggers again.

11 hours ago, preeya said:

We just witnessed the strongest WOODEN DOOR in television history.

I did notice that it was lined with Plot Armour.

3 hours ago, millennium said:

.....then crouched down behind a car like nobody had seen them.

Because nobody who happened to glimpse that would become the least bit suspicious.....

OA: "Looks like they are illegally converting AR-15's to fully automatic!"
No, OA. That can't be right. Because every nitwit politician has clearly and repeatedly stated that the AR-15 is already fully automatic. And (seeing as you are standing right there) why not remove the bolts, thus making them into paperweights? It only takes a few seconds per rifle. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The parents-to-be had an awfully big house---couldn't the surrogate have lived with them until she gave birth? Granted, her father still found the house and would have just grabbed her from there, but even so... 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

It would have been nice of him to tell her the reason he was packing a gun during their coffee date.  I was thinking, cop? drug dealer? terrorist? NRA enthusiast? 

I guess he didn't want to scare her off by telling her about the gun on the first date?  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I guess he didn't want to scare her off by telling her about the gun on the first date?  

I would guess on a coffee date the first thing a women would ask is what do you do (because asking for the last 5 years of IRS returns is frowned upon). So, she would have known he carries a gun.

Somewhere between 5 and 27% of Police have used a gun during their employment, but the FBI numbers are much lower so it's not like the job is that dangerous where she would have to quit. Also, you end up with multiple police emptying multiple clips at a suspect because they can't hit shit when the target is shooting back (unlike on TV).

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Brainwashed or not, Travis Keating is an asshole. And Aaron Mamet is such a wimpy “prophet”. The armed cult reminds me of Eddie Cahill’s story in NCIS New Orleans.

What’s Maggie thinking? She should’ve grabbed the kid instead of letting him running away.

I laugh when OA mentions about bolt cutter in the shed. They struggle to get inside the main house. What make you think running back to the shed to get the cutter is a good idea? Scola literally says they only have 5 minutes.

Am totally OK with Maggie-less episodes. No question asked. I simply assume Missy P is pregnant again.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, UnknownK said:

I would guess on a coffee date the first thing a women would ask is what do you do (because asking for the last 5 years of IRS returns is frowned upon). So, she would have known he carries a gun.

Just because he's a FDIC security guard, I wouldn't have assumed that he was carrying a weapon on a date unless he actually told me he was armed right at that moment.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Just because he's a FDIC security guard, I wouldn't have assumed that he was carrying a weapon on a date unless he actually told me he was armed right at that moment.

If you're on a date with someone you don't know that well, it's probably unwise to assume what they do (or don't) have in their pockets.

10 hours ago, UnknownK said:

Also, you end up with multiple police emptying multiple clips at a suspect because they can't hit shit when the target is shooting back (unlike on TV).

A modern automatic pistol probably carries in the ballpark of 20 rounds. If you shoot at a Law Enforcement Officer, and they elect to mag-dump your ass, you really don't have any grounds to complain. When you get to complain is when they mag-dump on you because an acorn fell out of a tree!

2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

If you're on a date with someone you don't know that well, it's probably unwise to assume what they do (or don't) have in their pockets.

I haven't been on the dating scene in an age but when I was it never once occurred to me that the person I was on a date with could have a gun on them. I guess I find it a sad state of affairs that the default these days should be assuming that they might be armed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
(edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 11:05 AM, illdoc said:

The parents-to-be had an awfully big house---couldn't the surrogate have lived with them until she gave birth? Granted, her father still found the house and would have just grabbed her from there, but even so... 

That was the plot of the aforementioned Law and Order episode, and look what happened there! 

Spoiler

Surrogate killed mother and wounded father.  Tried to sell baby to someone else.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1