Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09/S02.E10: Not The End Yet/Not A Ghost Yet

• Start Topic

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24, 8:30-9:32 p.m. EDT (Season Finale)

Nell finds out that Duncan is selling the SoCal Independent, so she takes matters into her own hands to save her job when Lexi seems unwilling to help. Then, Nell navigates an unexpected incident that leaves the sale of the newspaper on hold.

Very funny, I really liked this double episode. I think the best episode of the series.

Lexi should have kept the billboards and just not change the name. That was good branding.

• Like 5
(edited)

I think I liked the second episode better than the first but both were good and we had a ghost through almost an entire episode. And Duncan was technically a ghost so that still applies for the second episode. Jenifer Lewis was pretty enjoyable, though it appears her ghost didn’t get a final sendoff scene

I’ll admit, I wasn’t fully paying attention at the end of Part 1 so I didn’t clock that Duncan was a ghost when Nell was told Mr. Rhodes had collapsed and on his way to the hospital. But I was starting to figure it out at the beginning of Part 2 just as Nell did. Those scenes made better sense when I watched them back. Glad Lexi saved the paper

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1

I really liked these episodes. The show is better with ghosts actively participating!

I have been losing interest but this finale made me really hope for a renewal, even though it seems they set it up to also work as a series ending.

I would not have guessed that Duncan would be the first to find out about nell's secret and I also would not have guessed that he'd be nicer as a ghost than as a living person. His desire to help nell get a job came out of newhere.

• Like 4
(edited)

I liked how Edward just sat with his crossword, didn’t try to “manage” Lexi, knew she had to work stuff out, and knew how to be there for her when she needed him.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

Its a bad day for nurse mandy😂😂😂😂😂😂.

I loved the nurse running out of the hospital, running away from Lexi going "I don't even know who she is". And Duncan and Nell knowing its Mandy😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/24/2024 at 10:34 PM, DanaK said:

I’ll admit, I wasn’t fully paying attention at the end of Part 1 so I didn’t clock that Duncan was a ghost when Nell was told Mr. Rhodes had collapsed and on his way to the hospital

Same!  I first thought "Who's Mr Rhodes again"? I wish he had said "Duncan" or even "Lexi's Dad".

• Like 4
1 hour ago, AManfred said:

Same!  I first thought "Who's Mr Rhodes again"? I wish he had said "Duncan" or even "Lexi's Dad".

And just as I was thinking as Part 2 started up “wait…isn’t the actor playing Lexi’s dad Mr. Rhodes?”, Nell spelled it out. It certainly made the ending to Part 1 make a lot more sense

I actually thought it was the consultant that was in the hospital, and didn't realize it was Lexi's dad until Ep 10 started and I realized he was a ghost.  I guess none of us are really paying attention to characters' names much...

I hope it gets renewed, but if not, this was a good series finale.   I think Duncan owes Lexi all that cash back, or at least anything over what the other guys paid him for the paper in the first place. 

As I see it, living Duncan doesn't remember anything (other than being in a squished place, like a Prius) from his time as a ghost.  Is that right?  That makes sense, but at the same time, is sort of sad because he won't remember what Nell or Lexi said to him, so nothing will change.

Edward and Lexi are the best part of the show.  I have to wonder if that was envisioned from the beginning, or if the actors just had really good chemistry on set and they decided to go in that direction.

• Like 2
On 4/29/2024 at 3:32 PM, chaifan said:

I actually thought it was the consultant that was in the hospital, and didn't realize it was Lexi's dad until Ep 10 started and I realized he was a ghost.  I guess none of us are really paying attention to characters' names much...

I hope it gets renewed, but if not, this was a good series finale.   I think Duncan owes Lexi all that cash back, or at least anything over what the other guys paid him for the paper in the first place. 

As I see it, living Duncan doesn't remember anything (other than being in a squished place, like a Prius) from his time as a ghost.  Is that right?  That makes sense, but at the same time, is sort of sad because he won't remember what Nell or Lexi said to him, so nothing will change.

Edward and Lexi are the best part of the show.  I have to wonder if that was envisioned from the beginning, or if the. actors just had really good chemistry on set and they decided to go in that direction.

Re: Duncan remembering. I saw it as he did. Maybe he wouldn't have but Nell asked him if he remembered anything and he started thinking about it. And after the Prius line he looked at Nell and his eyes widen (at least I thought they did). I predict if there's a next season, it'll have Duncan trying to convince Nell to cash in on her gift.

And I love Edward and Lexi also. Go Lexward!!!!!!

• Like 3
(edited)

I also had been losing interest in this show, but the last three episodes (the episode prior to the two part finale and the two part finale) were all really well done, and I think the show has potential for an interesting third season if they are able to continue.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 4

Not that it matters anymore, but it seems that Nell writes an obituary every other day at most. We've never seen her have more than one at a time.  It would make more sense to pay her by the piece.  Asking for a raise is pretty nervy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1