Type keyword(s) to search

S08.09: Close Encounters

• Start Topic

Kyle and Amanda work on compromising; West meets Ciara's manager; a career conversation between Carl and Lindsay takes a surprising turn; Danielle and Gabby go for the same guy.

• Like 1

Danielle has turned into a little horndog, and no, I'm not slut shaming her.  She just seems super uninhibited since her breakup with her fiancé.  And I just want to say I don't blame balloon guy for showing more interest in her than Gabby.  Gabby acts so stuck up and doesn't know how to flirt and be more engaging.  It was cringeworthy seeing her interaction with him. 

• Like 5

West is barking up a difficult tree.  Ciara just isn’t going to have time for him.  He is just a toy for her and I don’t mean that to be insulting to her.  

Probably would be better for him to focus on getting a job again.

The writing is on the wall for Carl and Lins.  She isn’t ready for marriage.  Not one bit.  Substance abuse recovery is a long process.  She is not the person Carl needs during recovery.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, b2H said:

West is barking up a difficult tree.  Ciara just isn’t going to have time for him.  He is just a toy for her and I don’t mean that to be insulting to her.  

Probably would be better for him to focus on getting a job again.

The writing is on the wall for Carl and Lins.  She isn’t ready for marriage.  Not one bit.  Substance abuse recovery is a long process.  She is not the person Carl needs during recovery.

I agree about West. She's enjoying the attention of a kind man but I don't think he's really her type. His not having a job also is likely a thing for her.

• Like 6

How ironic that it was Lindsay pushing Carl to quit Loverboy and now she's mad he doesn't have a job. She shuttered Hubb House, so what's she doing now other than the show?

Carl is lucky that Kyle is even willing to have him, he doesn't exactly have the best work ethic/track record. I also chuckled when she said she wants her man hustling, thinking back on how pissed she was that Stravi/Strava was so into his work he didn't have time to make her a sandwich. 

Proud of Paige for not laughing in Danielle's face. She's 100% right that Danielle has opinions on all the other relationships while she herself is a total mess. Understanding the filming timeline, Danielle's trying hard to show that she's cool with casual hookups after looking like a crazy bunny boiler on Winter House. 

I don't like her or Gabby so really didn't care who lands the balloon guy.

Ciara was on WWHL (with Tyler Cameron) and looked absolutely stunning. She has zero game and can't flirt for shit yet at times he was still nearly drooling.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, b2H said:

Nothing in Carl's actions tells me he's recovering.  Going to clubs and drinking near beer are not signs of a sound recovery.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

As an older person (66!), I watch this and think how glad I am I don’t have to do the club scene anymore.  (Not that I loved it that much in my 20’s, either! 😂).   It looks exhausting, and I hate having to shout to be heard.  lol

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I don't  think Carl can do anything  to please Lindsay,  not a thing. I'm happy  to hear they are not getting  married. 

They sure go all out for their  parties,  Kyle really  enjoys himself. I'd be standing  back and watching,  I love people  watching. 

I like West, he has quick wit. I don't  know if he hooked with someone  at the wedding  he went to, I don't  know if I'd blame him, Ciara and West aren't  exclusive.  He must feel frustrated  lying beside Ciara, I think  she's gorgeous,  as do most of the women there.

I'm still enjoying  this show, but I don't  know anything  about Gabby or Danielle 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Nothing in Carl's actions tells me he's recovering.  Going to clubs and drinking near beer are not signs of a sound recovery.

He could stay at home like some of the cast members do at times. 

I don't blame Lindsey though. She might have not been ready for marriage like some mentioned, but Carl was not either. She had every right to expect him to have a job, or an idea about what he would like to do if he wanted to get married. He was unemployed for eight months at the time this episode filmed. And close to 40 years old.  

Ciara is beautiful, but has no game (yes, I watched Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live too). 

I thought the Alien Party was cute.

• Like 5

Carl and Lindsey have the same job tho. She’s just a bitch.

Danielle is annoying as hell and should mind her own business. Who cares what she thinks about Craig and Paige’s relationship.

West has known Ciara for 6 weeks and has only taken her on 2 dates lol. How is that even pursuing her. She doesn’t have to sleep with him if she doesn’t want to. It being expected of her is annoying. Ciara’s manager was weird tho with West asking his intentions lol like so awkward.

Gabby is boring and stuck up.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 4/19/2024 at 9:34 AM, sugarbaker design said:

Meh. I am more than 5 years sober and drink NA wine and spirits all the time and my recovery is very sound. 

• Like 6
On 4/19/2024 at 5:10 PM, ZettaK said:

He was unemployed for eight months at the time this episode filmed. And close to 40 years old. 

Outside of the show you mean.  I know they get paid to do the show.  I wonder if they make as much as the real housewives.

On 4/19/2024 at 11:29 AM, Thumper said:

As an older person (66!), I watch this and think how glad I am I don’t have to do the club scene anymore.  (Not that I loved it that much in my 20’s, either! 😂).   It looks exhausting, and I hate having to shout to be heard.  lol

And some of these people are in their late 30s, and even 40.  I am around Kyle’s age and I can only do the club a few times a year.  

On 4/19/2024 at 10:50 PM, Marley said:

Gabby is boring and stuck up.

She’s the most boring.  And she was mocking the balloon guy.  Like she’s too good for him.  F you Gabby!

• Like 1
(edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 9:00 PM, swankie said:

Outside of the show you mean.  I know they get paid to do the show.  I wonder if they make as much as the real housewives.

They make considerably less, but it's still a decent amount (reportedly about $10,000 to $20,000 per episode). The show won't last for too long, so it's a good idea to have another job, especially if one wants to get married and have a family like them. They also live in NYC, so they have high expenses. They mentioned they pay $13,000 a month for rent.  Kyle and Amanda have an actual business. It appears as if Lindsey doesn't work in PR anymore, but she is an influencer only. Is there more information about this? 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
On 4/19/2024 at 7:56 AM, snarts said:

Danielle's trying hard to show that she's cool with casual hookups after looking like a crazy bunny boiler on Winter House. 

Exactly.  And I think the operative words here are "try hard" because that's always how Danielle comes across to me.  She seems to have this pretty level-headed side to her but the weird, try hard, loose cannon, desperate side always seems to dominate. Why does she always have to announce when she's had sex?  It's gross.    

Gabby continues to act like a character and never a real person.  She obviously thinks this is cute but I fail to see how she can have any friends or how she'll ever meet a guy carrying on with this schtick.  There's no way to get to know a person who's acting like a walking caricature every moment.  It's exhausting and annoying. 

Balloon guy looked dirty to me.  Totally not getting what the fuss was all about.  Gabby probably acted so snotty towards him because she got close enough to get a sniff. 

Actually - it seems like most everyone who attends their parties is pretty fugly.  Anyone ever notice that?  

On 4/19/2024 at 10:50 PM, Marley said:

West has known Ciara for 6 weeks and has only taken her on 2 dates lol. How is that even pursuing her. She doesn’t have to sleep with him if she doesn’t want to. It being expected of her is annoying.

This is where West seems way too immature for Ciara. 

I think the way Ciara looks versus who she is as a person probably makes it really hard for her to meet and connect with the right person.  In my opinion, the assumptions that are made about her because of how gorgeous she is are in pretty stark contrast to what her personality actually is.  If that makes sense. (But I want to add - I don't think West is doing that to her).  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

Gabby continues to act like a character and never a real person.  She obviously thinks this is cute but I fail to see how she can have any friends or how she'll ever meet a guy carrying on with this schtick.  There's no way to get to know a person who's acting like a walking caricature every moment.  It's exhausting and annoying. 

Balloon guy looked dirty to me.  Totally not getting what the fuss was all about.  Gabby probably acted so snotty towards him because she got close enough to get a sniff. 

She also seems like the type to think he is "beneath" her because he is known as the balloon guy. She has very high standards, which is fine, but he doesn't seem like her type (just an observation).

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Like 1
On 4/19/2024 at 6:34 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I remember attending a workshop on counselling alcoholics etc, and the fellow said if a "user" becomes involved with a "now sober" person, thinking their sobriety will help the "user" quit, it usually ends up the opposite. Too many people fall off the wagon if they hang with a user. So Carl being with Lindsay is not good for him.

• Like 3
(edited)

And tonight's episode answered my question: Lindsey's business was deactivated, so she only does endorsements on social media.

Edited by ZettaK