Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E15: Lipsync LalapaRuza!

• Start Topic

(edited)

All-cast lipsynch battles have emerged as some the most popular episodes on each of the seasons on which they're featured, for two very good, and two very important reasons: they're hard to fuck up, and production riggory (usually) takes a back seat to talent. This week's no different, giving us one of of S16's best episodes in the process.

The process is similar to what we saw on Canada S4: a queen picks their opponent, who then chooses the song; the winner then moves on to the next round. They really should have just imported the Canadian scheme wholly by allowing all (or most) to pick their song and/or opponent, because that was a total blast.

Here, results really are mostly good, although the best lipsynch -- a fiery matchup between Morphine and Geneva -- is in the first round, and an unexpectedly frisky Plasma gets unfairly eliminated because she's stuck in a clunky threeway designed to favour Mhi'ya. Still, everyone does well and Megami turns in a Silky-level series of lipsynchs that makes her the star of the night. She even probably wins her last battle, though it's also great to see Morphine get a great win.

SPOILER: Amanda's makeup is still terrible, as she looked thoroughly botoxed, and, disturbingly, somewhat like a present-day Judith Light/Steven Tyler hybrid. Happily, she no longer looks like she's taken one of Hannibal Lecter's facial trophies and asked a couple of five-year-olds to decorate it with fingerpaints before trotting it out to the panel. Still, I forsee a long, and perilous, journey for our heroine before she escapes The Land Of The Busted.

Next week: The Finale! Finally.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

It was great to see the queens return, though I miss the reunion format!  I was very pleasantly surprised by Megami.  She turned it out!  I also thought Mirage won her 2nd lip-synch, and wonder if others thought so, as well.   I think most of the early out queens got a chance to showcase themselves again. It seemed to be a very positive episode and loved seeing the lip synch battles.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I loved Amanda doing well and beating Dawn. She really does make herself up like some crazy drunk aunt at a NYE party. So good to see a bit more of Mirage. I was also surprised when Morphine won over Mirage in round 2.

A real shame to stuff Plasma in with Mhi'ya and Xunami - I thought it was arguable who won that lipsync. I would've given it to Plasma. But then they had to have Mhi'ya in the final rounds... It was fun seeing how steaming mad she got at losing!

Really nice to see Megami doing so well. I was kind of sad Morphine won the whole thing and the 50K, after all that, especially if she really is planning to spend it on more stupid and dangerous cosmetic surgery.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

an unexpectedly frisky Plasma gets unfairly eliminated because she's stuck in a clunky threeway designed to favour Mhi'ya.

I agree with this, I thought she won. Admittedly, her sexiness is tinged with nerdy awkwardness, but she put her heart into it 100%, and I was both surprised and turned on lol.

8 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

though I miss the reunion format

I was chuffed to avoid the Amanda-Jane fireworks, the latter of whom took every opportunity to put Amanda down again and again. Not classy, Jane.

7 hours ago, violet and green said:

I was kind of sad Morphine won the whole thing and the 50K, after all that, especially if she really is planning to spend it on more stupid and dangerous cosmetic surgery.

When she said she was going to spend the money on her body, my eyes rolled backwards. How disappointing.

• Like 3
(edited)

Mhi'ya Was just bitter Betty that she got beat by Megami.. but watching that you clearly see she did .. she ate ALL her lipsyncs .. Mhi’ya’s stewing watching the lipsync and her she don’t know the words dig made no sense .. Megami did the hand puppet on purpose it had nothing to do with words .. I was like girl stop lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4

I still think Ru and producers pulled some shenanigans in the voting. It would be better if they didn't intervene in these smackdowns. It adds more excitement to see that anyone could win on her best day.

I thought Mirage won her lip sync. A Megami vs. Mirage final would have been fun and unexpected.  

Way to go Megami, she may not have won the money, but it was her night.

• Like 7

LOVED this episode.  My favorite moments were Amanda beating Dawn, Morphine's first amazzzing lip synch, Megami taking people down, Plasma killing it (and yes, I thought she won, too), the Donna Summer showdown (incredible, and both should have won/moved forward), and ultimately, because I've always loved Morphine, I'm glad she won something big.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Way to go Megami, she may not have won the money, but it was her night.

This was the first time I was impressed by Megami. I'm like, "There she is!" She had some fun humor, moves, and I thought she made some smart decisions. 

• Like 6

Yeah Great episode! Lovely to see so many girls get their Flowers (Megami!!!) and RuDemptions already without waiting for an All Stars. 

There could have easily been 2 additional lipsyncs (not a fan of 3 way lipsyncs and it sent Mh'iya straight to the semi) and Morphine perhaps unfairly skipped the semi and went straight to the final. 

Mh'iya was pressed like a panini after that loss.

The Donna Summer lipsync was perhaps the most even - was really rooting for Mirage but I picked up that her lips were at times not in sync enough.

I didn't mind Morphine winning - she's been a solid lipsyncer all season but an argument could definitely have been made for a Megami win.

I think Megami is closely allied with Sasha Velour and you can see the skill set there.

For a reunion the drama was minimal and even the Amanda- Jane tension seems very surface level/ mild. I'm sure there will be more queen interactions in the finale.

• Like 2

Q missed an absolutely EPIC opportunity to pull off her titty flaps ala timberlake and Janet Jackson (during a Janet song no less) during the Super Bowl. 

Megami did GREAT! I was hoping they would give her the win (she DID beat Morphine, whose best talent seems to be electing surgeries). 

• Like 3
On 4/14/2024 at 11:16 AM, EastCoast4Life said:

This was the first time I was impressed by Megami. I'm like, "There she is!" She had some fun humor, moves, and I thought she made some smart decisions. 

Yes! I'm so glad we got to see her shine here. She sure followed the Silky Nutmeg Ganache Method of Lipsyncing. 😀 

Honestly I was so happy to see many of the queens again. Yay for Morphine & Miami representing but I really hope against hope someone talks her into saving some of that money.

I do believe my fave moment is the look on Bruno's face as Morphine claps that ass In the final lipsync so hard the astronauts in the ISS heard it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I can't stop watching that Mirage/Morphine Donna Summer lip sync.  SO good.  As many have said online elsewhere, if this was a regular episode, we may have been coming in for a double shantay.  They both had such "moments".  Mirage's were more low-key, but gorgeous and fun.  Morphine brought the sensualllllll, plus those splits.  Two different types of performing and, how can you not love Donna Summer?  A+

• Like 2
(edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 5:10 AM, Wonderlad71 said:

There could have easily been 2 additional lipsyncs (not a fan of 3 way lipsyncs and it sent Mh'iya straight to the semi) and Morphine perhaps unfairly skipped the semi and went straight to the final.

Agreed. I hated the way it was done with the skipping rounds. They could've figured out a better way with an odd number of queens. This just shows that there should've been a top 4! (Kidding).

Also agree on what's been said: Plasma should've won her round and Megami (and Mirage a bit) killed it and got their redemption. Where was this Megami during the competition?

Also, Plane Jane, let it go! You hate Amanda. We get it...

Edited by xander874
  • Like 4

I enjoyed this. It gave the eliminated queens the ability to showcase their talents. To be honest I had forgotten about Hershii and couldn’t remember who she was. I’m happy with Morphine winning but Megami definitely rudeemed herself. 
Mhiya - there has to be more to you than flips and kicks.  We’ve seen it all before. 

I also thought Plasma had performed well in the lip sync. 

• Like 3

This was the best episode of the season, hands down. I still haven't watched the finale because I don't really care who wins. This season just didn't hold my attention, despite a talented cast and a promising start. Maybe it was the calculated mean girl persona of Plane Jane, maybe it was the ramped up producer shenanigans, maybe it was Sapphira's obvious (albeit deserved) path to the finish. Everything just seemed so choreographed, and not in a fun lip-synch way.

It was fun seeing Amanda again. Yes, she still looks busted, but I enjoy her brand of genial snark. Loved seeing Megami get some redemption. I think she just got tired at the end, which gave Morphine the edge. I hope someone talked Morphine out of blowing her money on plastic surgery, because girl. You're already gorgeous, you don't need it, and there are so many better uses for it. But it's her life.

Agree that Plasma got screwed. I thought she won that 3-way. And as for having an unfair 3-way, I'm guessing this competition was planned from the start of the season? When they knew how many eliminated queens there would be? Either make a 4-queen finale or add one more person to the cast. It's not that hard.

I'll get around to watching the finale soon, where I assume Sapphira will be crowned and Plane will complete her arc from villainess to supportive friend to all. Tell me I'm wrong. (Or don't. I want to be surprised.)

• Like 2

I'll take the lip sync battles over a reunion show any day. I don't really care about the backstage drama. I care about the drag, and this format gives us drag.

• Like 1