Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Opening Night

• Start Topic

GJIOOToWEAASZ-P?format=jpg&name=large

A glimpse into Anna's past reveals why she craves motherhood, while Dex's troubling family life is dragged into the spotlight.

Premiere Date: April 3, 2024     FX   10pm 

American-Horror-Story_-Delicate-Part-Two

• Useful 1

There's "WTF" where you want to know what happens next, and then there's just plain "WTF??!!" This reminds me of the last season of Twin Peaks, where nothing made sense and I stopped watching. 

And I don't feel Emma Roberts is a strong enough actor to carry a show. I just keep thinking "I'm supposed to believe this is an Oscar worthy performer?"

And dropping F bombs every so often is not compelling script writing, it's just lazy attempts at shock value.

I enjoyed NYC but I just can't get into this one.

• Like 8

I watched the first half of this very tedious series and came here to see if there is any point in finishing it out.    From the posters who already commented, I see that the answer is a big fat NOPE.

• Like 3

Other than the deaths/murders of Hamish and Virginia, there's nothing much going on here. Anna is still all over the place. Nicolette hasn't aged. Alcott women have good taste in men.

S12 has lost its momentum. Pick up the pace!

spacer.png

• LOL 4

I wish they had given us a recap, I really forgot just about everything that happened in the last batch of episodes, although lucky for me hardly anything has actually happened. Nothing has happened, I don't care about any of these characters, its not scary, its not even campy silly in a way that I can enjoy, its just a bunch of nothing.

Something that made Rosemary's Baby work so well was the feeling of claustrophobia and the feeling that you never who you could trust, Rosemary was all alone most of the time in her apartment feeling isolated and paranoid, that and made the audience feeling those same feelings which made everything happening even creepier, but there isn't any of that here. Ana is usually out and about and there isn't much to keep us guessing about who is in on it an who isn't as its clear that basically everyone is in on it.  

So Ana has been prepped to be this baby factor since she was a baby? Did they also kill her mom? Why did the summary say that this was supposed to explain why Ana wants a baby so much? All we know is that the cult or whoever has been prepping her for whatever their evil plan is.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Well any hope the second half of the season would pick up is gone. Some people died spooky deaths, ohhhhh how scary, not. No real plot movement, Anna keeps hallucinating, no it’s real, no it’s in her head, no it’s real - yawn. Even for Murphy this is bad, and that’s saying something.

• Like 9
(edited)

I'm annoyed at myself for continuing to watch this season. 

Anna really just shakes off the fact that she has the marks of a baby Freddy Kreuger on her belly? She just moves on from that moment and doesn't even consider going to the hospital? 

She says she can't swim very well but just happily jumps into a pool even though all this weird stuff has been going on? 

She has almost no reaction to her "best friend" bitch slapping her in the face, and in public no less? 

This character does not handle situations the way the average person would.

10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I wish they had given us a recap, I really forgot just about everything that happened in the last batch of episodes, although lucky for me hardly anything has actually happened.

Same.

I didn't even realize that the actress playing Anna's assistant was the same one who played the singing nurse in the opening of this episode. I guess it was supposed to be a big reveal that she hasn't aged in 30+ years, but since I didn't even remember that the actress was in last season until it was pointed out to me, the moment where she turns around as she's singing to the baby didn't have the impact that I think it was supposed to have. 

Of all the seasons to have a long break in between the episodes, this was the worst one for that to happen. All of the characters are bland and/or cartoonishly OTT. Siobhan is the only other character name I remember and it's because it's Kim K, not because she's a particularly good or memorable actress. 

Maybe this series could do with a break for a couple of years? Give the writers some time to really get inspired. This season feels like they phoned it in.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Like 7

This is really terrible. I love horror and Rosemary’s Baby is one of my favorite movies but this is just nothing. We felt for Rosemary because we slowly began to understand what was happening to her. This is just never ending hallucinations and Emma is non reactive to everything.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Emma is non reactive to everything.

Especially when her so called best friend slaps her across the face in a restaurant. Oh wait, she APOLOGIZED as though she deserved to be bitch slapped in public 🙄

No wonder these satan worshippers or whatever picked her. She's a wimp. 

• Like 4

I don’t know why this is an American Horror Story. Where’s the damn horror?!

Also, if Anna wants that baby so bad, why is she hopping on planes in her third trimester? 
Part of this neverending non-horror story has ripped off the premise of Rosemary’s Baby in that Rosemary’s husband was an actor whom they were seducing with bigger and better parts and Anna is an actress whom they are seducing with bigger and better awards.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rhofmovalley said:

Especially when her so called best friend slaps her across the face in a restaurant. Oh wait, she APOLOGIZED as though she deserved to be bitch slapped in public 🙄

Seriously, lol. That was such an OTT, pointless moment. What did it accomplish apart from telling the audience what they already know? That Anna doesn't respond to situations the way most people would. I feel like even the most mild mannered person would have at least decided to leave the table in that moment. 

• Like 1