Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: The Boy Who Cried Divorce

• Start Topic

Manuel and Ashley's beliefs are at odds; Mahmoud threatens divorce; Sophie's friend reveals news that gets Rob fired up; Liz's mom has a talk with Ed; Kobe's friends' opinions impact his marriage with Emily; Jasmine considers leaving the US.

Air date: 4/7/2024

• Like 3
On 4/3/2024 at 2:37 PM, Smokeyblow said:

Episode 4 & still no grangela, did they eventually give her the boot & I missed it?

Check out their couples thread which I resurrected to post an interesting news item 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Are we supposed to believe Manuel has been in the US for almost a year, and despite being “muy Catholico” this is the first time he’s gotten to a Mass? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Afraid to say anything at this point since there are no concrete examples given of what goes against the guidelines and this isn’t a cooking show…

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jasmine. Jump on the next plane. Go back home. Please, in the name of all that's sacred. Leave. Leave and never come back. 

She won't.  She'd have to spend time with her kids if she did.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

But she could go home to Panama and cry about missing Gino. 

8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

So, we have to be nice? We must create a secret code that the teacher can't decipher. Does anyone know Ubbi Dubbi?

I totally get being nice to fellow posters. But having to be nice about the terrible people who live in 90 Day land seems, well, like the opposite of snark. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I totally get being nice to fellow posters. But having to be nice about the terrible people who live in 90 Day land seems, well, like the opposite of snark. 

We are rarely, rarely, rarely mean to each other. I once leapt upon someone who made light of prubedubatubors who prubay on chubildruben, and got dinged. Otherwise, we're pretty nice to each other. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

"Every time I've broken up with Liz, I've regretted it". Sweet Jesus I cannot with this guy. 

NO GRANDMA, THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ANY GOOD DAYS. Look at Liz! She  is a wreck! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That's practically Romper Room. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

We are rarely, rarely, rarely mean to each other. I once leapt upon someone who made light of prubedubatubors who prubay on chubildruben, and got dinged. Otherwise, we're pretty nice to each other. 

Yeah, that was one of the things I loved most about this place. Everyone is kind to one another. But boy, having to be sweet about these feebs? 

• Like 9

I had to go outside and have a smoke to calm my nerves. I'm feeling so sad about losing our oddball community we've made here. 

Just now, magemaud said:

I’m still confused. Why doesn’t Manuel work? Drive? He’s been here a year and nothing has changed 

It would take time away from his Bible reading. Plus banging Ashley is a full time job.

• Sad 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Again, it’s been a year and this is the first time Manuel has gotten down to The Big Apple? 
I mean the Jewel of Jersey, NEWARK! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh come on, Ashley. You DO walk around saying "Hi nice to meet you I'm a witch"! You seem to talk of nothing else! You sage strangers and read Tarot cards ("read" Tarot cards, I mean) at the drop of a hat! 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The Music of Cultural Stereotypes tells us we are in exotic Cameroon! Lets point at the colorful inhabitants and their unusual clothes and weird food! 

See? Weird food! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Ashley just can’t see beyond her own nose.  She can’t fathom not telling the deeply Catholic family that’s she’s a witch.   I hope this is just for the show and she’s really not that self-centered. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

From Things You Wish You Knew Yesterday…

“Wit is a servant of cleverness, a servant of using language or situations to make people chuckle.  Wit and snark allow one to laugh at themselves, to be a willing participant in the ridiculousness of the moment.”

Yes, I can see the humanity emanating from the food.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Meowwww said:

Ashley just can’t see beyond her own nose.  She can’t fathom not telling the deeply Catholic family that’s she’s a witch.   I hope this is just for the show and she’s really not that self-centered. 

Oh but she is. She is totally that self centered. 

But I do think the Emily/Kobe conversation about "my friends don't think you're good for me" is all for the show. That plot line is so old its threadbare. I mean, my god, they've been married for a few years now and have, what, three kids? That ship has SAILED.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh but she is. She is totally that self centered. 

But I do think the Emily/Kobe conversation about "my friends don't think you're good for me" is all for the show. That plot line is so old its threadbare. I mean, my god, they've been married for a few years now and have, what, three kids? That ship has SAILED.

I’m wondering if she’s drinking while pregnant 

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

These two! They can't stand each other! Why are they married??

Which two are you referring to? That description fits many couples 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Is anyone else afraid to say anything now? How are we supposed to know what's against the rules when we don't know what the rules are? Some examples would be helpful. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
Just now, MagicEyes said:

Is anyone else afraid to say anything now? How are we supposed to know what's against the rules when we don't know what the rules are? Some examples would be helpful. 

Right? I'm UPSET. Stay tuned, I'll message you if that's OK.

• Like 3

Rob. Everyone is better than you. A sleep deprived ferret with a migraine is better company. 

"What's so great about Portugal?" snots Rob. Well, you can see why Sophie loves him. He's such a bright light.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
4 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

IKR? No more fun

• Sad 3
  • Applause 2

Sophie's shorts are hanging on by a thread. 

Why is Jasmine crying so much about not seeing her children for a while when she didn't see her children very often when they lived in the same country? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That fancy private school education hasn’t taught Sophie not to say “we was…”

She was too busy smoking weed out by the car park. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
47 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yeah, that was one of the things I loved most about this place. Everyone is kind to one another. But boy, having to be sweet about these feebs? 

So no snarky comments? Then what’s the point?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

It's hard to be nice when we're talking about a trashy tv show with unlikeable people. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Now now Auntie.Go to your room and think about what you've done. I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I think it’s wonderful that Ashley is fluent.  I wish my conversational Spanish was better.  However, can she at least try to pronounce the words?  That would show more of her humanity.

I do want the meat on a stick Koby and Emily were eating.  It looked nicely marinated.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Like 5