Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Unforeseen

• Start Topic

(edited)

Interesting case with ricin.  

Here we go with Maggie becoming a mother.  Sad and very unexpected outcome for her FBI friend.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 5

Why weren't they wearing respirators at key moments? 

The foreshadowing about Maggie becoming a mother was like a heavy anvil. As soon as the friend went into the hospital, curtains. 

• Like 18
47 minutes ago, LisaM said:

Why weren't they wearing respirators at key moments? 

The game for watching this episode would be something like:
Everytime a fibbie without a respirator would have been ricined and I tell myself "Well, we accepted fictional space explorers and deep sea divers wearing helmets with lights inside," I take a drink.

• LOL 5

Good episode, intense and fast paced. Good work from the whole team and an intriguing case, I did suspect the professor from her first scene when she seemed reluctant to cooperate, so I had a feeling she was involved. I did think the attack on the company headquarters at the end was a rather complex scheme for one person to pull off - did the building not have any security? It seems like attaching the ricin to the sprinkler system would be a very hard job for one person to pull off, I know she had help making it, it just seems like it would take more than 3 people to pull off this type of scheme. Still a good, intense case with nice scenes for everyone.

I had a feeling things wouldn’t end well for Maggie’s friend when she went to the hospital, I just hope they don’t saddle Maggie with her kid permanently, if anything this episode showed why Maggie shouldn’t have a kid - her work is too unpredictable and demanding and she has no one else to care for the kid while she’s working or if something happened to her. Hopefully this kid will go live with relatives, the last thing this show needs is kid drama, that got irritating on FBI:MW with Jess’ kid and we don’t need it here - I’m glad that they haven’t made a big deal out of Scola and Nina having a baby and have just mentioned it a few times but haven’t made it a big plot point.

I laughed at how it was Hudson U that the ecoterrorists were from - that cesspool has an unlimited number of scummy people associated with it, as fans of the L&O franchise know!!

Good episode with good intensity and a nice role for each character, I’m just nervous about the kid drama going forward. 

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I laughed at how it was Hudson U that the ecoterrorists were from - that cesspool has an unlimited number of scummy people associated with it, as fans of the L&O franchise know!!

Oh yes, good old Hudson U — how do they sign up any students with the high rate of crime at HU?!?!  

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Interesting case with ricin.  

Here we go with Maggie becoming a mother.  Sad and very unexpected outcome for her FBI friend.  

Probably not.  She was Blake’s emergency contact, not guardian wasn’t she? Any family member would fight Maggie getting the child.

• Like 3

Wow.  Professor Villainess sure had some fight moves.  She was mopping the floor with Maggie for a bit there.

That was sure a lot of ricin in those two bottles (and a lot of pressure, too), to contaminate all five floors of that building.  I would have thought that a central alarm would have been faster, maybe with a public announcement that there was an active hazmat incident in progress.  Most people would clear out in a hurry.

Students in the lab:  "She's busted?  Woo hoo!  No final this semester!"

I don't care if the little twerp was brainwashed and radicalized.  His lawyer will be lucky to get a plea deal of life without parole.

A tip of the hat to James Cagney in "White Heat" with that chase scene in the refinery complex.

• Like 3

Where was the refinery security? Refineries have security fences and armed people checking ID's at the only ways in and out.

So, ricin coming out of the air vents in an office building means a major sale on office products, modular office walls and Aeron chairs on Craigslist/Ebay!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Wait a minute, Anthony does spray the poison to Maggie/OA’s direction at the press conference and they aren’t affected by it?

Apparently these agents learn nothing from the sarin case. They know they’re dealing with sprayed/inhaled poison in this case and nobody (incl. the SWAT team) wears a respiratory mask?

What’s the point of killing Jessica Blake? She wouldn’t have named Maggie as Ella’s guardian in her will. They just reconciled weeks ago.

Charlotte Sullivan needs to stay away from Dick Wolf universe. Girl, how many times you wanna let yourself be killed & treated as a trauma prop? You deserve better! 💪🏼

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Wait a minute, Anthony does spray the poison to Maggie/OA’s direction at the press conference and they aren’t affected by it?

There was a throwaway line about the sarin gas having been diluted, and in this case the throwaway line literally should have been thrown away, because it was just a big “Huh?” 

• Like 1

The lack of respirators kept pulling me out of the scenes. Especially Maggie with what she already went through. I would have figured she would have been the first to insist on wearing one -- or at least having one on her.

On 3/26/2024 at 10:30 PM, KeithJ said:

Probably not.  She was Blake’s emergency contact, not guardian wasn’t she? Any family member would fight Maggie getting the child.

I thought that Blake had mentioned temporary guardianship during that conversation before she went into surgery. That's when I got suspicious!

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Apparently these agents learn nothing from the sarin case. They know they’re dealing with sprayed/inhaled poison in this case and nobody (incl. the SWAT team) wears a respiratory mask?

Not to mention shouting at the guy from 15' away, knowing that he had a deadly weapon in his hand with the intent to use it.  Why not get around behind him and tackle him without warning?  Obligatory chase notwithstanding, of course.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Not to mention shouting at the guy from 15' away, knowing that he had a deadly weapon in his hand with the intent to use it.  Why not get around behind him and tackle him without warning?  Obligatory chase notwithstanding, of course.

This is their major problem since Season 1. These indestructible agents love chasing perps. We haven’t seen Jubal running yet, have we?

• Like 1

Will we look back at this as the episode where Maggie became Olivia Benson?

Even Batman and Robin in the old TV show had Bat-Respirators when they knew they'd be exposed to Penguin gas.   But modern FBI agents facing the prospect of aerosolized ricin?   Nahh.   They just scowl and it fends off all lethal effects.

It was a good episode despite the red herring of Jess dying.   I would have liked to see more violence against the terrorists, though.   Maggie losing it on the professor, that kind of thing.   Is there some reason agents can't shoot a perpetrator in the back if they're fleeing with a weapon of mass destruction, especially after they have attempted to deploy it?

• LOL 2
32 minutes ago, millennium said:

Is there some reason agents can't shoot a perpetrator in the back if they're fleeing with a weapon of mass destruction, especially after they have attempted to deploy it?

I always try to fanwank that they need to keep them alive to find the ringleader, but, yeah. No.

• Like 1

I suspend my disbelief a lot for this show, but the team running into the building with no respirators or protective gear was ridiculous.

• Like 11
On 3/27/2024 at 10:21 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

What’s the point of killing Jessica Blake?

What was the point of introducing the character in the first place … except in order to kill her and have Maggie at least temporarily have a child?  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

This show is so stupid...why do I continue to watch it?  UGH!

First, I thought both OA and Maggie got sprayed (at different times) with the Ricin while chasing the suspect, but both were totally fine?  

The agents trying to get everyone out of the office building was absolutely ridiculous!  Why not just pull the fire alarm?  OA and Maggie are all over the place trying to find the shut off, and in the meantime, ricin is in the air and the office employees are moving at a snail's pace to exit the building and yet no one is affected?

Now Maggie is an instant mom because the woman she went to Quantico with (and hasn't seen since) decided to give Maggie guardianship of her daughter if something should happen.  Right then, I knew she was going to die.  I would think since her daughter is 6 and she's a single parent in a highly dangerous job, this should have already been taken care of legally instead of asking her over the phone like it was her coffee order.

• Like 2