Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: It Was Automation

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

When a mechanic is found murdered in a dark factory, the CSI team investigates whether the perpetrator was human or a humanoid robot with an AI operating system.

Air Date: March 24, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Somehow this one just feels unfinished, at least for me.

Yes, I have the same feeling. I thought they were insinuating that there something sinister about the robot guy driving into a tree and killing himself. And then all of a sudden it’s case closed? 

I’m glad they’re dialing down the CSI dramas this week, with the Josh’s case and the partners system. Well, I guess except for Sarah who hasn’t gotten over it, I guess. She needed to vent. 

• Like 2

I admit to multitasking around my apartment while watching alternating on 2 TVs, so feel free to disagree,
but early in the episode I thought the actor playing the son of the victim was crying in such an unbelievable way that it would ultimately be revealed that he killed his father in some sort of "Daddy never loved me" deal.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I’m glad they’re dialing down the CSI dramas this week, with the Josh’s case and the partners system. Well, I guess except for Sarah who hasn’t gotten over it, I guess. She needed to vent. 

Didn't Sarah (Penny) just find out about Serena, when she overheard the discussion with Josh as they walked by?  I thought Penny had't been around for a couple of episodes?

(edited)

Ocho is one cheap-looking robot. Max says Ocho is staying in the lab until the case is officially closed. Will they investigate Cliff’s death and weird circumstances surrounding his “accident”?

Why hires Owain Yeoman to play such an insignificant character? That’s a waste of talent. Are we seeing him again?

Re that tiny piece of glass, why does Allie say it’s polymer hydrogel for contact lens when it’s for camera lens? 

Oh god, please do NOT bring back that snobbish ME lady (Dr. Sonya Nikolayevich). She’s so unlikeable. 😣

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 4

Okay... the killer (we'll assume it actually was him) said that he "had to kill him. He saw what I was doing". Exactly what was it that he was doing? He obviously had his camera with him at the murder scene (otherwise how would the glass from the broken camera get there), so he was ... taking pictures??? And where is the film? Furthermore, he didn't exactly look like he was strong enough (even with the robot arm) to inflict that damage (Josh could barely do it!). The assistant seemed like she knew something. She certainly was acting suspicious. The episode definitely felt "unfinished". 

• Like 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Why hires Owain Yeoman to play such an insignificant character? That’s a waste of talent. Are we seeing him again

Agreed!  As a major Mentalist fan, I was so glad to see Owain and then he turned out to be so inconsequential. Hmmmm…

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 5

This one ended so abruptly with so many loose ends that I had to double check that it wasn't a two part episode. 

The missing film, the suspicious car crash, the murderer saying "he saw me when he wasn't supposed to," the overly perky assistant throwing weird looks behind Chavez's back, the robot's memory board shorting out the entire lab. There were too many unanswered questions. 

Also, where was Chris Park?

And please show, PLEASE don't bring back the bitchy medical examiner. I like the quirky new guy. 

• Like 4

I have to assume that we're going to see not-Elon and his company again because that ending was so open-ended. 

Also, if there's even a remote chance that the robot is listening in, get it out of Max's office. 

Penny was being such a brat this episode. The crime lab was seriously compromised. Some oversight was needed. Serena was just making sure that the processes were being followed. 

I will say, watching everyone be a horrible drama llama to Serena has really made me a fan of her. She has handled all of it so professionally. 

• Like 5

So good to see Owain Yeoman again but such a small role; I hope we see him again.

This episode felt unfinished to me as well; I was certain that they'd examine the guy's car accident and find that it was a murder; for sure I thought that there was more going on than we found out. 

If Max suspects that the robot might be recording, she really should get it out of her office; I hate when they have smart people do dumb things that they wouldn't ordinarily do for script reasons.

Again with the convenient evidence that would not have been there in real life but is important in order to solve the case; how did the guy's contact lens end up in the robot? I'm guessing it fell out when he was undoing the robot arm but how did it fall out? That doesn't make sense - contacts don't fall out that easily. Also, didn't he realise it? 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, christie said:

If Max suspects that the robot might be recording, she really should get it out of her office;

Or at least Max should put a bag over the robot’s head. 
Or a bucket. 
Or make it a tin foil hat. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 7:23 AM, vibeology said:

I have to assume that we're going to see not-Elon and his company again because that ending was so open-ended. 

Also, if there's even a remote chance that the robot is listening in, get it out of Max's office. 

Penny was being such a brat this episode. The crime lab was seriously compromised. Some oversight was needed. Serena was just making sure that the processes were being followed. 

I will say, watching everyone be a horrible drama llama to Serena has really made me a fan of her. She has handled all of it so professionally. 

As soon as not Elon showed up my mind went to a killer robot and they cast the original terminator "Cromartie" before Garret Dillahunt assumed the role on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Penny reminded me of the end of a cop show were a detective's girlfriend was the mole and the unit forgave him but still ended with "now transfer out".

On 3/26/2024 at 8:24 PM, christie said:

This episode felt unfinished to me as well; I was certain that they'd examine the guy's car accident and find that it was a murder; for sure I thought that there was more going on than we found out. 

Just when you thought it was safe here comes the season's big bad.

Edited by Raja
  • Like 2