Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21: Episode Live Chat

• Start Topic

Yay, Michelle!

Savannah's looked very good but just wasn't sausage-y enough.

12 minutes ago, susannot said:

All the sausages were hilarious.  Is that really what they do at Brewers' games?

Yes. 

Also, in DC, the Nationals have a former Presidents' Run.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

This was not a cheese and rice challenge, Kevin.

Chorizo is my favorite of tonight's sausages, so it's nice to see that be the round where they wanted to hold up both flags.

(I wanted hers a little more than his, but would have happily devoured both.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Yay, Michelle!

Savannah's looked very good but just wasn't sausage-y enough.

Yes. 

Also, in DC, the Nationals have a former Presidents' Run.

OMG.  I have to watch that.  Does it include Trump?

Both bratwurst dishes sound yummy.

1 minute ago, susannot said:

OMG.  I have to watch that.  Does it include Trump?

Old presidents. Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Congratulations to Michelle, from the bottom last week, and now winning.  

Kristen is so kind complimenting the Blue Team.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3

Dan was definitely my least-favorite through the screen, but I guess they could argue he met the challenge more than Kevin.  I think it will be Dan, though.

Oh, I forgot about Savannah as a possibility, for also not showcasing the sausage enough.  But I still say it's Dan.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Both bratwurst dishes sound yummy.

Old presidents. Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt. 

Screenshot_20240502_132506_Google.thumb.jpg.8e645733043d5dcd77e2444fe5d458d9.jpg

🤣

• Like 5

Are they going to eliminate someone in the QF?  Otherwise, they're doing restaurant wars with nine chefs.

LOL at what Kristen would have done differently in her RW -- pick a different team.

They're really not going to address the fact one team has an extra chef??

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I think this is a Top Chef first. 

I think they did it another season, too, but can't remember which one.

• Like 3

I love the challenge using indigenous foods. 

Danny, Soo and Savannah are best, winner is Savannah.  I love that Danny and Soo are so happy for her.  

Michelle, Amanda and Laura are on the bottom, either one or two go to LCK. Bye to Laura, and Amanda.   

Season 18 Episode 6 had "Members of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Teach the Chefs About Their Most Sacred Foods"  It was the Portland season. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It was the Portland season. 

Thanks.  After I posted I couldn't remember which one it was, I started to think Portland and was going to look it up; you saved me the time.

• Like 2
(edited)

Did anyone else notice the writing on the mirror had things like, "cranberries" and "fish boil"??? So they know what the challenges are going to be ahead of time??? 

Edited by EastCoast4Life
typo
(edited)
4 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Did anyone else notice the writing on the mirror had things like, "cranberries" and "fish boil"??? So they know what the challenges are going to be ahead of time??? 

Per the mod note "we trust that you'll nudge each other politely at the off-chance that an episode discussion ensues before or after an episode's airing", I'm answering this in the episode thread.

Edited by Bastet
include direct link to response
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I'd never heard of an aguachile prior to this TC season, but if I never hear it again, I'd be fine with that. From what I've seen thus far though, I thought it was a fish-only preparation. We'll see what the judges think of a rib eye version.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Honestly, I'd never heard of an aguachile prior to this TC season,

I have, but I'm wondering if I missed that this is the Year of the Aguachile on some calendar somewhere.

• LOL 4
(edited)

It was fun watching the all stars shop.   LOL at Justin buying himself a candle because he had money left -- but also getting a bath bead for his chef.  Cute.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 6
(edited)

I am very curious to see how these fish boils turn out.  I had fish boil in Door County a few years ago, and while fun to experience, I thought it was all very bland.  (I am a native of Wisconsin, so I hate to say that about this tradition!). 😬

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5
(edited)

I feel so sorry for Savannah; she stabbed herself versus slicing, and I know from experience there's an odd trauma that comes with the violence of that act even when unintentionally self-inflicted and not remotely life-threatening, and you feel very out of sorts beyond the pain. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Yay, it sounds as if Michelle's safe!

40 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Savannah is coming on strong at the right time.

I'm hoping her QF win can keep her in the competition. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I'm hoping her QF win can keep her in the competition. 

I think that and the fact she was impaired, while Manny has no excuse for his anemic effort, should mean Manny goes home.

• Like 2

The chefs all look exhausted.  I will hate to see any of them go.   Michelle, Danny and Dan were the favorite dishes.   Manny, Savannah and Soo are on the bottom. 

I love Gail's dress, but she should have used sunblock.  

I'm surprised Danny's carrot salad would be that good, I've never had a decent carrot salad.   Art Smith annouces the winner, Danny.    

Manny, Savannah and Soo, I hate to see any of them go to LCK.  Manny didn't do well in the QF, or the fish boil.  Soo gets lots of criticism too.  Soo to LCK.  Savannah was saved by winning the quickfire.  

• Like 1
(edited)

"When was the last time you ate a seafood porridge?"  😄

I love that when Savannah realized he'd used a wok, as there aren't normally a bunch of them in the kitchen, she didn't ask him to confirm, just kept that info to herself.  Smart.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1