Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Bye Bye Birdie

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sometimes I get impatient with all the extra storylines in this show, but I really liked this episode. I love the friendship stories: Dan and Mike ice fishing; Mike standing behind Liv with her grandmother—and good for Liv for finally getting it all out, although I'm embarrassed to say I laughed out loud when Grandma dropped; Asta and D'Arcy and the passive-aggressive fight in the helicopter, which cracked me up (as did them arguing at the cabin, with Harry interjecting the occasional laugh-out-loud comments), and the way they were finally honest with each other.

I was also happy to see Joseph again (can't help it, I really like Enver Gjokaj, even as a bad guy), and I loved the scene of him and Heather arguing the nuances of "niece." 

Oh, and of course Bridget! I can't wait to see what happens there...

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 2

Continuing my mapping of Ladysmith locations, we get an external shot of Asta's house here and she lives at 112 Roberts St, basically across from the clinic:

image.thumb.png.06bc996a6595762492dbbd2a0520be3b.png

There are some other outside shots in this episode that are not in Ladysmith. Ben and Kate's house along with Liv's grandma's house are probably on the mainland.

I'm confused about Liv. IIRC, she is married. Isn't being supportive her husbands' job? In any case, I am loving the platonic relationship Liv has with work Husband Mike. I'm glad Mike is slowly becoming self-aware that he is getting in his own way of his happiness.

• Like 1

I really liked the break-up scene and emotionally devastated Harry. And that deep fight between Asta and the red haired one. That is quality television and the acting was on point.🤯

• Like 5

That scene with Liv cursing out her grandmother was one of the funniest things I've ever watched on tv, made even better by the captions - each bleep had a _ _ _ _ lol

And right after when Mike asked her if she got the recipes and she thanked him for picking the lock I started giggling all over again 🤣🤣 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2024 at 8:14 PM, amass said:

That scene with Liv cursing out her grandmother was one of the funniest things I've ever watched on tv, made even better by the captions - each bleep had a _ _ _ _ lol

And right after when Mike asked her if she got the recipes and she thanked him for picking the lock I started giggling all over again 🤣🤣 

It was satisfying. Either the comic writer or people in the writer’s room had a narcissist in their lives growing up. Mike’s leap of personal growth was great, there is real hope for him.

I hope Arlo gets to rest up safely and finally gets his cheerios. 

• Like 3