Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Margaret at home at last.     Millie is still enabling. 

Megan pre-surgery, and she lost the weight.  She's finally getting gastric sleeve.  

Dr. Now says Margaret is out of the program, and I'm certainly not surprised about that.    

Megan moved home, and she's another one who will 'prove Dr. Now wrong'.   The lunch she's having with her friend is horrible.   I think I gained five pounds just seeing it.   She must be short, because she doesn't look different.   Down to 368.   Many health insurance plans will approve 'apron' removal if it hangs as low as hers does, so she should look into that locally. 

• Like 4

Friend Megan should just put her face in the bowl and snarf up the food. Gah, such horrible manners. I wish Megan well, seems like she's trying.

Well that was not boring! Loved hate-watching Margaret with y'all, see you on Felony Friday!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Good night, everyone!  I started to doze off in the last 40 mins or so, not sure if I missed anything exciting, but I will try to catch up this weekend.  

• Love 1

See you all next week! I'm so excited for the weekend. My college roommate is visiting her mom who lives just 20 minutes away from my house and the three of us are going to a local vineyard for a picnic. Wish y'all could be there! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

These shows make dieting seem like drudgery and depressing torture. Whenever they follow the diet, they’re always eating bland chicken or a bowl of iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing on it. I wish someone would show delicious meals that fit the program but I guess they don’t exist. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Ive definitely been enjoying Quarter Ton Teen more than this one this season.  The snark factor is low, but the teens have more life in them, and usually succeed. Plus, it's their entire process in one show. Not as drawn out. 

and it follows them for a few years. There is some great successes and it is nice to see the kids blossom. 

13 hours ago, MsVixen said:

That last episode with the dysfunctional Father and Daughter was hard to watch.  However, I'm glad that the girl was able to lose 81 pounds on her own.

That was tough. He did well and while she lost the weight, I'm not sure she can keep it up. Hopefully, therapy helps. 

12 hours ago, Pi237 said:

These shows make dieting seem like drudgery and depressing torture. Whenever they follow the diet, they’re always eating bland chicken or a bowl of iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing on it. I wish someone would show delicious meals that fit the program but I guess they don’t exist. 

I order healthy take out meals from a place near me for my lunches and dinners on the night I work late. The food is delicious and it is creative! The woman who owns it made her own version of a KFC bowl. It was a smashed bake potato, shredded chicken, some corn, a light gravy and a dusting of cheese. It was delicious and nowhere near bad for you. I also get stuff poblano peppers with quinoa, tomatoes and black beans. Delicious. 

These people need to learn how to cook good food and how to eat good food when you go out. Want a salad? Get some good greens, some spinach... dressing, not ranch but a good balsamic vinagrette. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

Friend Megan should just put her face in the bowl and snarf up the food. Gah, such horrible manners. I wish Megan well, seems like she's trying.

Well that was not boring! Loved hate-watching Margaret with y'all, see you on Felony Friday!

Felony Friday! DEAD

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
12 hours ago, Pi237 said:

That has been my beef with this show from the beginning. Every single one of the poundticipants looks at "losing the weight" and "getting the surgery" as a means to an end, "saving my life". They consider not being able to tuck into a pizza the size of a manhole cover or three dozen chicken wings dunked in a quart of ranch as PUNISHMENT. They always moan about "never being able to eat anything good again". They glumly gnaw on overcooked chicken breast and sad, canned vegetables and never, ever seem to gain the tiniest inkling that healthy food can be delicious and satisfying and enjoyable. To them there is only "good food" (i.e. junk, fast food, or anything smothered in cheese) and "diet food", which is about as appetizing as a bushel basket full of grass clippings, and what they will be forced to endure for the rest of their lives. Not one person has expressed any interest or excitement at the thought of trying new things or seeing what alternatives there are. It makes me CRAZY.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Not one person has expressed any interest or excitement at the thought of trying new things or seeing what alternatives there are. It makes me CRAZY.

I seem to remember at least one or two people who learned how to make delicious food but I can't remember who they were. 

Anyone watch Botched Bariatric? Trying to figure out how someone who had to blend all their meals for 12 years stayed so overweight. Not being a smartass-might prove that calories in/calories out doesn’t work for everyone. I can’t imagine how awful a steak and green bean shake must taste. 

Hola, fat chatters! How's everyone's week been? What's your eating habit? Me, salad of course. But my husband got me a lemon meringue pie for my birthday (my favorite) and I followed my healthy, delicious salad with an indecently huge slab. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Hi all!  This is the last night of the season, and I am looking forward to spending it with my favorite bunch of Wednesday chatting pals. 

Eating habit tonight will be rice.  And something.  Probably Trader Joe's frozen kabobs.  And cherries, I decided to give them a try.

• Like 3
(edited)

Wow.   This might be the biggest and most unfortunately positioned lymphedema I have ever seen on this show.

His top half is almost normal, just moderately obese, but his bottom half is something else.  His girlfriend should ask for a family discount.  She is well past morbid obesity herself.

Edited by Hellga
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good evening everyone! I ate leftovers for dinner but let's not talk about lunch at all.

But one day with whacked eating habits won't kill me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ohh I remember him and the twin attached to his leg. And the bed in a teeny room. And his expressionless girl friend.

AND NO SHOES

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 1

Dear lord, he is literally dressed in rags. 

Just now, Chicklet said:

Ohh I remember him and the twin attached to his leg. And the bed in a teeny room. And his expressionless girl friend.

Episodes like this one make me grateful that Smell-O-Vision does not exist. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I am surprised he is able to walk with that mass hanging off his leg.  There is a strong man hiding within that misshapen body.  And a handsome man, as far as I can tell from his face. 

• Like 3

Hello! My eating habit was Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole made with both alredo and marinara sauces and covered in cheese. Not on de diet, but it's all I've eaten today.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Good lord, he's dressed like a Scooby-Do villian.

And he would have gotten away with being 892 pounds if it hadn't been for Dr. Now!

• LOL 6
(edited)

Wow that lymphedema looks bad.  

His girlfiend leaving would be good for him.  Then he would actually stick to the diet!

Edited by Hellga
  • Applause 2

When you see that huge mass growing off your leg, you don't think it might be related to your eating habits and sedentary lifestyle..

• Like 1

Hello, my lovies! My eating habit hasn't started yet, not sure what's for dinner.

This guy, geez, what a mess. 892, huge lymphedema, dumped by the resentful girlfriend. Lazy and ungrateful. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

J.T. was always big for his age, even in his earliest photos.  (Actual first name Julius, according to Dr. Now.  

Adorable dog.   Severe lymphedema is an understatement. What is he making?  It's more calories than the pizza was.  J.T. needs a personality transplant, he's so angry.   Month 1 weight-892 lbs. Not a typo, 892.   Another one with a car breakdown.  He gets put in the hospital, and is so vicious to Jessica.  Then, he gets sent to rehab for weight loss.  Down to 758 after his hospital stay.   Good for Jessica breaking up with him, and standing up for herself.   I believe she took that adorable dog with her.   J.T. is awful at rehab, ordering food deliveries, he only lost 10 lbs since the hospital.  Who the holy h#** does J.T. think he is, talking to Dr. Now like that!

Down to 619 lbs.  Still gets surgery approval, after 10 months. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1

I think the guy is either depressed or just plain dumb.  He definitely doesn't care to lose weight or in fact do anything other than stare at the wall and eat.  

Nice to see Dr. Now being confrontational, though.  Need more of that! 

• Like 2

Sacrificing most of your life?  WHAT LIFE???   Maybe life equates to 'eating what I want whenever I want'?

• Love 1
Just now, Eldemarge said:

This guy is just way too smart for this show.  Let him eat his pizzas or whatever until he explodes.

Right, according to Dr.Now he should be losing weight….you know…because Dr. Now is a moron and not a weight loss surgeon who has been doing this for years 

• Applause 2
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

At that a dump can make you lose 10 pounds. Delivery apps. Can you imagine being in a medical facility and ordering pizza? 

@judylo, did you want to order pizza at your rehab facility?

This guy's legs are horrific!

• LOL 1

Watching him roll up from that couch was disturbing.  This is not how a human body is supposed to move.   

• Like 1
  • Applause 2