Type keyword(s) to search

Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

• Start Topic

Their house was nice but bland, and the backyard was very nice.  They have a nice view.  I don't remember what the asking price is, but it seemed on the low side for the area.  I do not live in Southern CA, so I am not up on house prices there, but it seemed on par for my area in rural Nevada.  I was happy to see that they are letting their girls use their imaginations and have princess costumes and other toys.  I wonder where they are going.

• Like 4

Isn't Evy Jo almost 4 and they have her in a crib? 

The house is nice, but its a weird mix of open concept and then cut up into a bunch of tiny spaces.

To give credit where credit is due, their backyard was a hot mess when they bought the house.

Note to Jeremy - grapes are a fruit too.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Isn't Evy Jo almost 4 and they have her in a crib? 

The house is nice, but its a weird mix of open concept and then cut up into a bunch of tiny spaces.

To give credit where credit is due, their backyard was a hot mess when they bought the house.

Note to Jeremy - grapes are a fruit too.

Yep, she'll be 4 in November.  Makes no sense to still have her in a crib, let alone in their room.  She's easily big enough to climb out of a crib and end up falling and getting hurt.  

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Yep, she'll be 4 in November.  Makes no sense to still have her in a crib, let alone in their room.  She's easily big enough to climb out of a crib and end up falling and getting hurt.  

We don't actually know she still sleeps in the crib. maybe they are just waiting for the next, too lazy to take it down, nowhere to store it or whatever.

If they post the child moving from crib to toddler bed at age 6 like Jill Rodrigues then we should snark.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

We don't actually know she still sleeps in the crib. maybe they are just waiting for the next, too lazy to take it down, nowhere to store it or whatever.

If they post the child moving from crib to toddler bed at age 6 like Jill Rodrigues then we should snark.

Jinger said she sleeps in the crib and the only other upstairs bedroom is Felicity's, with one twin (toddler?) bed.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 5

After giving it more thought (why, I don't really know), I think this house was intended to be a short term investment and they always planned on moving. It needed some minor work, mostly cosmetic and they've lived their for 3 years. 

I think their low-ish asking price is to create a bidding war.

• Useful 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

After giving it more thought (why, I don't really know), I think this house was intended to be a short term investment and they always planned on moving. It needed some minor work, mostly cosmetic and they've lived their for 3 years. 

They've been there a little less than two years. Jeremy has the wanderlust. 

• Useful 5
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How? They still don’t have jobs. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, AstridM said:

How? They still don’t have jobs. 

They already owned a home, they had TLC/JB money, the book(s) and I'm assuming Jeremy gets paid. Real estate is a good way to grow your money, if you don't mind moving every few, usually 5, years.

I mean, I don't think they're living off SNAP, TANF and WIC.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Their mortgage is around $6k/mo. (they only put down 20%). They have an ARM, so they're likely trying to extricate themselves from it. 

So their mortgage is more than the average person makes in a month.

I guess they have some kind of income.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
On 6/13/2024 at 6:15 AM, farmgal4 said:

That home is a lot like J & J; no personality at all.

Usually when you are selling a home, they tell you to take out those "personal" touches like family photos. Keep things neutral as well. It makes a buyer easily imagine living somewhere. I had one realtor bake cookies because that makes people feel more "at home". And when we sold our townhouse, I even removed a coffee table to make the living room look bigger. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

Jeremy is in the third and final year of his program that does not need to be done in LA.  I wonder if he's already found a church.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Jeremy is in the third and final year of his program that does not need to be done in LA.  I wonder if he's already found a church.  

Or maybe a move to *New Jersey to be near his folks?

*Oops PA.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Usually when you are selling a home, they tell you to take out those "personal" touches like family photos. Keep things neutral as well. It makes a buyer easily imagine living somewhere. I had one realtor bake cookies because that makes people feel more "at home". And when we sold our townhouse, I even removed a coffee table to make the living room look bigger. 

They may have decided to put their money into fixing the yard at first.  They did a good job, and the view is gorgeous.  The house is neat, clean and tidy and neutral so buyers can imagine how they want it.  Their house would appeal to me more than a house with murals or dark painted walls that would take a lot of work to paint over.

• Like 11

Extreme minimalism is also a current style.  I can't do it, but I'm strangely drawn once a week or so to youtube videos about it.

• Like 10
(edited)

Pickles says Jinger did a podcast where she apparently spills more tea, including family superstitions and JB's discouraging adoption, saying she didn't talk much about these things in her book in order to keep family connections and encourage them to break free.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Pickles says Jinger did a podcast where she apparently spills more tea, including family superstitions and JB's discouraging adoption, saying she didn't talk much about these things in her book in order to keep family connections and encourage them to break free.

I believe she was talking about Gothard, not Jim Bob.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Yes, she was talking about Gothard's beliefs on adoptions.  It was interesting she did say she thought it was wrong to have older kids, take care of younger kids, it is the parents job to parent children.  It was an interesting interview. She was more outspoken than usual and did say they didn't want to alienate her parents so they still had access to her siblings to try to help them get out of the IBLP cult.   The guy doing most of the interview seems like a dope but Jinger was more open thna usual.  Here is the interview.  

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I believe she was talking about Gothard, not Jim Bob.

Oh OK.  I didn't watch the interview yet--I was just going by what Pickles said in her FB post.

• Useful 1

From the snippets I saw, Jinger was very careful not to implicate her parents, but rather blamed "the system" repeatedly. Even when she talked about parents needing to raise their own children rather than kids raising kids, she never outright blamed her parents. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)

I just finished watching it and I thought it was an interesting interview.  I could have even watched more of it--it kept my interest.  I agree the interviewer guy was dopey, sitting there with no shoes on and, at one point, stroking his wife's hair while the interview was going on.

One thing that jumped out at me:  There were several times where Jinger was speaking and Jeremy would start talking over her.  Jinger would not defer to him by stopping her talking.  She would continue her point and Jeremy would have to stop talking and let her finish.  Go Jinger.  

eta:  Jinger said they would like to have possibly three children, either two or three.  (She said they had originally said 3 to 5.)  She said Felicity drew a picture of (and sang a song about) the family and included a little brother.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 7
  • Useful 5

Jill and Derick did an interview with Unplanned (Matt and Abby) when Jill's book came out and it was a pretty good.  Matt seems like kind of a jerk but it must be comfortable setting in that they were willing to talk pretty openly and less guarded. Jinger did seem sincere about not wanting to make an issue of money so as to continue to have access to help her siblings out of the cult.  Though you would think if JB would hear her talking about this he would make it more difficult for them to be around siblings.  It is interesting that her siblings do visit them a lot in LA.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

She’s not encouraging anyone to “break free,” FFS. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Jinger did seem sincere about not wanting to make an issue of money so as to continue to have access to help her siblings out of the cult.

Did Jinger actually say this?

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Jill and Derick did an interview with Unplanned (Matt and Abby) when Jill's book came out and it was a pretty good.  Matt seems like kind of a jerk but it must be comfortable setting in that they were willing to talk pretty openly and less guarded. Jinger did seem sincere about not wanting to make an issue of money so as to continue to have access to help her siblings out of the cult.  Though you would think if JB would hear her talking about this he would make it more difficult for them to be around siblings.  It is interesting that her siblings do visit them a lot in LA.  

Matt is an asshole.

• Like 3

I think Jinger's influence on her siblings has been both direct and indirect.

From what we've seen, I'm guessing Jinger has been a big influence on Joy. I also think the reason Jana and Jessa wear pants is due to Jinger. I think both Jill and Jinger have influenced James' beliefs as well.

With the exception of Joe/Kendra, all the the DsIL wear pants, so it seems the brothers/headships have relaxed their modesty standards.

Jinger is trying to maintain that fine line - she loves her parents and wants them in her life, so she is trying to be tactful and respectful while sharing her truths.

And yes, both Jill and Jinger's beliefs are still very similar to their parents. But IMO, the fact that their beliefs are different in any way, is a big deal considering the way they were raised.

• Like 14
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't watch the video, but I did read an article that quoted her saying something like that.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jinger-jeremy-decided-not-to-fight-for-money-on-counting-on/

What Jinger never addressed was if she got the $80k (or whatever the amount was) and signed the NDA, or if they blew that off completely. They were able to put down $100k down on the Laredo house, so I think they got a payout from JB. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

And they had also signed their own contract with TLC, so they got $$$ for the episodes produced on/after their marriage, from that source directly, unlike the rest of Jinger's siblings.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

And they had also signed their own contract with TLC, so they got $$$ for the episodes produced on/after their marriage, from that source directly, unlike the rest of Jinger's siblings.

We don't know that for fact, though. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

We don't know that for fact, though. 

Sure. I haven't seen the contract. But some news stories around 2019 - 2020 mentioned that the Vuolos were ready to walk away from the Counting On show on TLC, maybe angling for their own show, etc. They included references to the Vuolos' not being paid much per episode under their contract. IIRC one may have said it was a 4 year contract that they hadn't renewed. Then, there was a story (or probably more) about the depositions in the daughters' civil suit over the police report release. In that one Jeremy was quoted as saying they only got paid two or three thousand dollars per episode.

So from all that, I believe that Jeremy and Jinger had a different contractual situation for the show, than the rest of the Duggar kids. As Jill's book disclosed, she and Derick weren't paid anything for their work on those episodes. I believe that Jinger would also have been owed money by JB for all those episodes she appeared in, in the years before Jeremy showed up.  Jeremy may be right in dissing the amounts they were paid per episode, but they were paid something. Even if it were only $2K - $3K per episode, Jeremy joined the show IIRC in Season 3. I haven't counted every episode but there were at least 30 episodes produced from that time on, and he was probably in most of them. They included the Vuolos' courtship, engagement, marriage, honeymoon, buying a house, having a baby, and moving to LA. Even if they were paid for only 25 episodes, that's $50K to $75K total, which even after taxes would be a nice little bonus for the pastor of a tiny planted church in Laredo TX, even if it's only chump change in LA. Thirty episodes would have paid $60K - $90K.

I know, it would have been paid over time, not a big fat check all at once. But it's more than her sibs got for the episodes, as JB was taking in all the money directly and lying to his kids about it. What a Christian man. Ugh.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

IMO, JB thinks that while it may be regrettable that his oldest son and heir has molested little kids and acquired/watched CSAM, the ebil gubmint should keep their hands off him because of Jesus and JB's ambitions for wealth and power. Yeah, that's nuts. I think JB is nuts. 

The same man who ran for office on a platform of putting sex offenders to death?

7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

What Jinger never addressed was if she got the $80k (or whatever the amount was) and signed the NDA, or if they blew that off completely. They were able to put down $100k down on the Laredo house, so I think they got a payout from JB. 

Of course she neglected to answer that question. . .  🤦‍♀️

• Like 4
On 6/16/2024 at 1:48 AM, Gemma Violet said:

I just finished watching it and I thought it was an interesting interview.  I could have even watched more of it--it kept my interest.  I agree the interviewer guy was dopey, sitting there with no shoes on and, at one point, stroking his wife's hair while the interview was going on.

One thing that jumped out at me:  There were several times where Jinger was speaking and Jeremy would start talking over her.  Jinger would not defer to him by stopping her talking.  She would continue her point and Jeremy would have to stop talking and let her finish.  Go Jinger. 

I agree with all of this. I thought Jeremy came across better than I would have expected. I wish he had not had a hat on, though.

• Like 4

Jeremy and Jinger's IG have posted about the Legends soccer game that Jer was playing in.  It is two big names in the game getting a team together and playing against each other.  It was televised in LA, maybe elsewhere.  It was cute to see how excited the girls were.  I know nothing about the sport so don't know anyone's name.   Guess this makes Jeremy the super cool brother in law.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

Jeremy and Jinger's IG have posted about the Legends soccer game that Jer was playing in.  It is two big names in the game getting a team together and playing against each other.  It was televised in LA, maybe elsewhere.  It was cute to see how excited the girls were.  I know nothing about the sport so don't know anyone's name.   Guess this makes Jeremy the super cool brother in law.  

Jeremy's team lost. 😂

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, AstridM said:

Hardly 😂

Compared to the other brother in laws and especially compared to the Duggar boys he would be.  😂  His pre-preacher, seminary years seemed somewhat normal/cool. He was able to have fun in his college years, travel with his soccer career (even if it was not that long). 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

Compared to the other brother in laws and especially compared to the Duggar boys he would be.  😂  His pre-preacher, seminary years seemed somewhat normal/cool. He was able to have fun in his college years, travel with his soccer career (even if it was not that long). 

Ben - fixing broken glass, Derick - trekking through Nepal, Austin - building houses and Jeremy - playing soccer. (all jobs prior to meeting the Duggars)

For jobs, in order for me it would be, houses, soccer, Nepal and glass.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, auntieminem said:

It’s an extremely low bar!

• Like 8
  • LOL 5