Type keyword(s) to search

💚Green-Light! Exemplary Community Engagement💚 

Congratulations! Starting on page 2, this thread’s discussion reflects our core values of diversity, respect, and constructive engagement. Your kind and considerate contributions turned this topic Green.  

Here’s to continuing this success:

- Recognition: A big thank you to all contributors for navigating a difficult topic in a healthy, and respectful way.

- Inspiration: Let’s keep this momentum going! Continue to engage with empathy, listen actively, and recognize diverse perspectives.

- Grow Together: Encourage each other to have respectful conversations about difficult topics and to keep humor smart for maintaining a Green Light status.

Your collaborative efforts are what make our community thrive.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They boys are all out in JB's workforce. Jackson is going to be 20 in May, and he's the youngest. He's probably working with Jason. 

I think the comment referred to Josh's sons.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I think the comment referred to Josh's sons.

Oh, I totally missed that! My bad. 

ETA Of course the sons will be assimilated into the borg. What else do they know? Michael is almost 13. He's probably going to jobsites.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

If SCOTUS denies cert (doesn't take the case) that's pretty much the end of the line.    There won't be any more legal bills.    Since he already filed for cert (request for the Supremes to take the case) there should be only minimal or even no legal bills until such time as the Supremes make a decision to take the case or not.   If they don't (which is more than likely) then that's it.   No more bills.   So that drain was ending soon already.   

Probably, assuming:

1. Josh manages to keep out of additional legal trouble while in prison. He apparently committed at least one infraction already, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another one, potentially leading to new charges.

2. Josh doesn't file any additional/collateral petitions.

My understanding - which might be very wrong - is that if the Supremes don't take his case, he might still be able to file a claim alleging prosecutorial misconduct and/or ineffective defense counsel.

I don't think there's evidence of either one. But given that Josh already decided not to spare his family and everyone else the costs of a trial, and then decided not to spare his family the costs of an appeal, I wouldn't put it past him to try this technique if he legally can, even without that evidence.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
On 3/7/2024 at 11:46 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

They boys are all out in JB's workforce. Jackson is going to be 20 in May, and he's the youngest. He's probably working with Jason. 

I can't believe he's going to be 20 already.

• Like 6

It is mind boggling to think JB and Michelle only have 3 children left under 18 and they are 16, 15 and 14 or close to that.

Josie and Mackynzie should be up to get their learner's permits this year. Yikes!!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
On 3/8/2024 at 1:41 PM, crazy8s said:

It is mind boggling to think JB and Michelle only have 3 children left under 18 and they are 16, 15 and 14 or close to that.

Josie and Mackynzie should be up to get their learner's permits this year. Yikes!!

How many kid still live in the TTH now? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

How many kid still live in the TTH now? 

I think Jana, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. And maybe Jana's BFF Laura. Not sure about Jason and James.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Jana, Jason and James are all still registered to vote at the TTH address. But all 3 have been shown on their own instagram, or a siblings, as living in spaces on the property but that are not the actually big house. 

so who knows really 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jana, Jason and James are all still registered to vote at the TTH address. But all 3 have been shown on their own instagram, or a siblings, as living in spaces on the property but that are not the actually big house. 

so who knows really 🤷‍♀️

So they might all be committing fraud? Interesting.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1

Agree

I think they all still live on the TTH property same a Joe and Kendra, Jer and Hannah.

Elijah though, claimed he had moved out and his truck was stolen from his new home a year or so ago and he has not updated to any other address in Arkansas.

Anna is still registered with the warehome address. Maybe she lives there still, but I don't think so.

Jessa and Ben are still registered at the old mold house address.

Joshiah and Lauren are listed in Rogers even though they supposedly built that big house adjacent to JB property near that schoolroom church shown on the show.

Maybe AR records are slow, but Jer and Jed's have changed several times over the past few years, so they do get changed.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Agree

I think they all still live on the TTH property same a Joe and Kendra, Jer and Hannah.

Elijah though, claimed he had moved out and his truck was stolen from his new home a year or so ago and he has not updated to any other address in Arkansas.

Anna is still registered with the warehome address. Maybe she lives there still, but I don't think so.

Jessa and Ben are still registered at the old mold house address.

Joshiah and Lauren are listed in Rogers even though they supposedly built that big house adjacent to JB property near that schoolroom church shown on the show.

Maybe AR records are slow, but Jer and Jed's have changed several times over the past few years, so they do get changed.

Which site are you using? The secretary of state site is very accurate in reflecting voter information on file with the county clerk's office. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Zella said:

Which site are you using? The secretary of state site is very accurate in reflecting voter information on file with the county clerk's office. 

thanks for that info.

checking that Ben and Jessa are shown at the church owned house.

I haven't checked the rest because the day just went a little ... unexpectedly crazy.

• Useful 3

sorry, poor punctuation in my last post. Checked the AR sec of state as @Zella suggested which shows Ben and Jessa registered to vote at the church owned house they currently live in and not the old location of the mold house.

• Like 4

Josh has been in prison for 663 days and should be released in 3,120 days. Had he not been caught with a phone he release date would have been in 3069 days. 

In 8+ years his kids will be 21, 19, 17, 15, 13, 11 and 9. Josh and Anna will be 43.

I wonder if Josh has the cognitive ability to realize how much society will change in that time and more importantly, how much Anna and the kids will.

• Like 19
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josh has been in prison for 663 days and should be released in 3,120 days. Had he not been caught with a phone he release date would have been in 3069 days. 

In 8+ years his kids will be 21, 19, 17, 15, 13, 11 and 9. Josh and Anna will be 43.

I wonder if Josh has the cognitive ability to realize how much society will change in that time and more importantly, how much Anna and the kids will.

I suspect he does, but I also am not sure he really cares, which is probably the same difference. 

• Like 21
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I suspect he does, but I also am not sure he really cares, which is probably the same difference. 

He doesn't know nor does he care.   Which pretty much sums up his approach to his marriage and his kids even before he went to the pokey.

• Like 16
  • Sad 4

In this culture, the eldest son is "in charge" of siblings and has special treatment.  JB used to take Josh to the (was it the state senate??) when he was very young, and he received a lot of attention.  He received "special treatment" from his parents when he messed up (badly).  Being in prison is the first time in his life that he is not in charge, and is not getting special treatment.  I don't think the ability to care about others was instilled in him growing up.  It will be interesting to see how he handles life when his sentence is up.

• Like 12
  • Useful 4

Nature vs nurture. I feel pretty strongly that Josh would have been a troubled guy no matter the environment in which he was raised. However for a family whose motto is J.O.Y., they should have an asterisk on the O, as it hard to care about "others" if you're taught to fear most of them. Not only fear them but also pity them.

I think this holds true for Josh and the rest of the siblings, so for sure this type of nurturing negatively impacted who Josh already was.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nature vs nurture. I feel pretty strongly that Josh would have been a troubled guy no matter the environment in which he was raised. However for a family whose motto is J.O.Y., they should have an asterisk on the O, as it hard to care about "others" if you're taught to fear most of them. Not only fear them but also pity them.

I think this holds true for Josh and the rest of the siblings, so for sure this type of nurturing negatively impacted who Josh already was.

He probably thought of the J as JOSH first. Seriously. 

• Like 14
21 minutes ago, jschoolgirl said:

I thought it stands for “Jesus Over You” — you are less important.

The way the Duggars explained means the same thing - Jesus first, then others, then yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 3/4/2024 at 12:59 PM, GeeGolly said:

I spent a couple years working exclusively with 'after incarceration' folks. Assisting with everything from getting a ride from the jail or prison, pocket money, renewing IDs, social services, clothing and obtaining housing and jobs. None of it is easy. A lot of discrimination, but also some great places and landlords who go out of their way to be supportive. But IMO, some felons should have limited ability to work, live and move about the community - Josh included.

The judge made it sound like Josh had sizable savings, whether any of that will be left in 8ish years, who knows. IMO, any support he gets from JB has less to do with JB's age and more to do with how much money JB has left.

But no doubt, unlike many of my former clients, Josh will always have a place to lay his head and food to eat, even if it feels totally unfair.

Why is it unfair? Why should a felony charge mean a life of guaranteed poverty? Yeah, Duggar did some Sh!tAzz things. But I can't help but notice that, while certain politicians, sports figures and Hollywood darlings have done same/worse, Duggar is held in greater contempt and hatred. And the only apparent difference is the Duggars' Christian faith (flawed as their practice might be). It makes me wonder.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Not Buyin It said:

Why is it unfair? Why should a felony charge mean a life of guaranteed poverty? Yeah, Duggar did some Sh!tAzz things. But I can't help but notice that, while certain politicians, sports figures and Hollywood darlings have done same/worse, Duggar is held in greater contempt and hatred. And the only apparent difference is the Duggars' Christian faith (flawed as their practice might be). It makes me wonder.

I can see your point. But I would say held in greater contempt than the others mentioned holds true here, only because Josh Duggar is the topic here. We talk about the Duggars and are limited by the politics policy and general rule of not bringing up side topics and people not seen on the show.

I don't see Josh getting more hateful or ongoing media coverage in the real world. I can say neither my mom or my daughter have ever seen the show. They know he was tried and convicted and if asked today they would have zero sympathy for him because of the crime he was convicted of committing. Other than that, it is forgotten to both of them just as it is for the vast majority of people.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
On 3/29/2024 at 6:35 PM, GeeGolly said:

I feel its unfair because most of the clients I supported had very hard times getting back on their feet, and Josh, while certainly hated by many, won't have to worry about food and shelter when he's released.

Poverty greatly contributes to recidivism, yet there's not much help for released convicts. Josh will never be broke.

No, he won't. He'll be back home with his parents who don't care and have never held him accountable for anything including abusing his sisters and another woman in the past or for what he was convict for and a wife who still refuses to believe Josh did anything wrong. Their not exactly going to watch or monitor him to make sure he doesn't mess up again. Josh certainly isn't. There's nothing to prevent Josh from recidivism.   

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

Doesn't part of the probation stipulate that he can't be around minors unsupervised for 20 years? How will that work with his own minor children? His many nieces and nephews visiting the Big House?

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Doesn't part of the probation stipulate that he can't be around minors unsupervised for 20 years? How will that work with his own minor children? His many nieces and nephews visiting the Big House?

I think Josh will return to the warehouse, not the Big House. But do we know what qualifies as supervision? During the court case he was allowed to be around his own children as long as Anna was there. 

Anyway, IMO, once Josh gains access to a phone or computer it'll just be a matter of time before he gets caught and ends up violating the terms of his release.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

"Note that prisoners are limited in the number of visitors they can see within a month. However, inmates in the federal prison system get at least four hours of jail visitation each month and multiple people in a group (such as family members) can visit an inmate together." 

Because its Easter I wondered about visitation for Josh. Holiday visiting hours are 8:30 - 3. If Josh has already had 4 hours of visitation this month, does that mean he needs special permission to have visits today?

• Useful 4
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Josh will return to the warehouse, not the Big House. But do we know what qualifies as supervision? During the court case he was allowed to be around his own children as long as Anna was there. 

Anyway, IMO, once Josh gains access to a phone or computer it'll just be a matter of time before he gets caught and ends up violating the terms of his release.

Per the release order (bolding mine).

The defendant shall have no unsupervised contact with minors, which shall include his own children. Contact with his
children must be supervised by his wife, his parents, or another individual approved by the U.S. Probation Office.
If
there is a concern about the potential for inadvertent contact with a minor at a particular place, function, or event, then
the defendant shall get approval from the U.S. Probation Office before attending any such place, function, or event.

This is less restrictive than when he was on trial as then the only minors he could be around supervisoed were his own children. This does not limit supervised contact to only his children. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my (imaginary) kids, even supervised, but I'm also not related to him. Theoretically, he could be a family celebration around his nieces & nephews so long as he's always supervised. All his siblings will be adults by the time he is out. 

Assuming he gets released on his current release date (Oct 2032), he will still have 4 minor children. 

Also, wherever he chooses to live has to be approved by the probation officer. So he'll only be permitted to go to the warehouse if that's approved. 

You must live at a place approved by the probation officer. If you plan to change where you live or anything about your living
arrangements (such as the people you live with), you must notify the probation officer at least IO days before the change. If
notifying the probation officer in advance is not possible due to unanticipated circumstances, you must notify the probation officer
within 72 hours of becoming aware ofa change or expected change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7

Yeah, when I mentioned the Big House, I meant being there when more children would be present. I should have added that I also figure he will end up in the warehouse. But even then, Anna can't be everywhere at once to supervise him with just his own minor children.

• Like 4

The majority of his siblings will more than likely have underage children when Josh is released from prison. Knowing what he's done to his own sisters when they were young, I wonder how many of them would be willing to have Josh around their kids even if he's being "supervised" by Anna or another adult? I'm using supervised in quotation marks because I have serious doubts about the quality of supervision Anna or his parents would provide given that they insist he's innocent. I would not want Josh in the same room as any kids, ever, even with multiple adults around. Why take the chance?

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

Well, and there's also the question of how many of his siblings will be willing to be around Josh, period - and to a certain extent, how many of his siblings Josh will want to see.

After all, many of his adult siblings didn't bother to go to his trial; none of them wrote the judge to ask for leniency; and at least five of them wrote public statements agreeing with the verdict. And apparently only one sibling has bothered to go visit him in jail, even though he's only a few hours away. 

Not exactly an indication of warm family dynamics here.

• Like 17
(edited)

I feel for any of the siblings who chose to live on the Back 40 yet don't want anything to with their oldest brother. It will be nearly impossible to avoid him around the property. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I feel for any of the siblings who chose to live on the Back 40 yet don't want anything to with their oldest brother. It will be nearly impossible to avoid him around the property. 

Who is there? Joe, Jer and Josiah? They all have young kids, who will likely range in age from newborn to teenager, in 8 years.

• Like 5

Just Joe and Jeer currently live on the back 40 and have children. Josiah built a house a few miles away maybe 2 or so years ago.

I think Nathan Bates possibly also has his live in trailer parked on the TTH property.

• Useful 8
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought Josiah's property abutted the Back 40. 

no -  the Sun made it sound like that, but it isn't the TTH property.

JB and Michelle own a bunch of acres across the street as well, Josiah's property is adjacent to that. It is down the road a bit from that little school/church that was shown on the show.

• Useful 6
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh, it's adjacent to Duggar owned property, but not ththe Big House property. Gotcha! 

I thought they were closer.

Screenshot (618).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

What about church? Will Josh be allowed to go?

Probably, as long as Anna or one of his other designated chaperones are with him if there are children present.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1