Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Bind Justice

• Start Topic

After a high-powered real estate developer is killed by a moving subway train, his widow hires McCall to investigate his death. Meanwhile, Aunt Vi and Dee visit an old neighbor living in a nursing home who may need their help, on the CBS Original series THE EQUALIZER, Sunday, March 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ 

Clearly one of the writers of the episode was a Daredevil fan, the guy that was murdered grew up in Hell's Kitchen and the other guy is blind that can fight with highten senses. 

• Like 2

I couldn't figure out how a blind homeless guy with no computer could read a a flashdrive and then decide to sell it to the bad guys instead of giving to the good guys, the police. Why would a rich construction company owner be driving such a raggedy car. If Mel would have filmed the car slightly longer, she would captured the entire license plate as the car drove off.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Mel would have filmed the car slightly longer, she would captured the entire license plate as the car drove off.

That's what I was thinking when it drove off.

• Like 4

There are speech/audio ways to read a computer file. I assume he went to the library, signed on, and used the audio access features to listen to the drive contents. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

I liked this episode more than the previous ones.

I like the stories better when they're about Robyn saving random people who need help instead of intrigue about the CIA and foreign ops about extractions of spies and terror cells and operatives back from the dead. I like stories more when Robyn is the Friendly Neighborhood Equalizer with Mel, Harry, and Dante having her back.

Robyn's stunt with the grenade is the reason I keep coming back to this show. That was amazing.🤩

Edited by marceline
  • Like 11
  • Fire 2

I liked this episode as well, a nice return to what this show is supposed to be about.

I really appreciated Aunt Vi and Dee asking their old friend if they could snoop through his mail instead of just doing it.

Was the blind guy supposed to be an army buddy of the villain? He said he had smelled that cologne three times in his life, the first time being on the way to basic training. So I guess they just crossed paths that one time? Or did they end up serving together? Also, how does he remember a scent from back in the day before he developed his superpowers? I remember what the popular cologne was in high school but I'm pretty sure I have no idea what it smells like now.

Dante's Captain all of a sudden not wanting him to work with Robyn tells me she's got something to hide. I wonder if she'll end up being dirty or if she'll just have some skeleton in her closet that she'll end up needing Robyn's help to deal with.

• Like 6
(edited)

Don't have much commentary for this one; but I'm glad we're back to format.

It was cool to see Marvin Jones III (the blind vet) again since Black Lightning.

Only fashion standout was Dee's sweater. (And I guess Mel's shiny pants, but I didn't really like those.)

Edited by Trini
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Also, how does he remember a scent from back in the day before he developed his superpowers? I remember what the popular cologne was in high school but I'm pretty sure I have no idea what it smells like now.

Many moons ago, I dated a guy that wore Acqua di Gio. I can identify that scent from a mile away and will always associate it with him. Scent memories are very strong.

• Like 4

I think that the blind vet said that he smelled the scent three times in his life: (I forget the fist time - maybe in the military?) , then on a trip to Ireland, and then in the subway, but I could be incorrect.  

Also, the blind guy's abilities were rather eye rolling, and yeah, why would the dirtbag corrupt construction guy be driving that car (unless it's because the car was so old it's considered "vintage" and cool).  I did like that the show was back to the concept of helping people with no where else to turn, and I really enjoyed Aunt Vi and Dee investigating their own case and helping their friend.  

• Like 4

I enjoyed this episode, except for the part about the police captain saying Dante can't work with Robyn.  Why not?  Why do we have to have a police captain at all?  Who was the police captain in the first two seasons, did we even have one?  I just recall this lady showing up last season and causing issues.

In the early seasons, Chris Noth's character pulled CIA strings to faciliate things.  Why can't we at least get some strings pulled anymore?  It's kind of implausible that captain tells Dante not to work with Robyn, Robyn goes to warehouse and shoots and presumably kills people, then she had called police and they show up and arrest everyone.

How is Dante going to explain that to Captain?  "Oh we got an anonymous tip."  I suspect that Dante just doesn't mention Robyn (and Mel) in any of the reports and attributes the bad guy deaths to his own force?  There were like 20 cops in that squad.  Even if told not to say anything about Robyn, cops talk.  They'll be talking to each other at the gym and in the locker room and in the break room.  Sooner or later things will get back to Captain.

Why can't the District Attorney just tell the Captain to back off and leave Robyn alone?  I just don't think we need another extraneous hard-ass character causing issues for her.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:31 PM, AnimeMania said:

I couldn't figure out how a blind homeless guy with no computer could read a a flashdrive and then decide to sell it to the bad guys instead of giving to the good guys, the police. Why would a rich construction company owner be driving such a raggedy car. If Mel would have filmed the car slightly longer, she would captured the entire license plate as the car drove off.

I was confused about all of this too.  They're making him out to be like Daredevil with heightened senses, but he seemed awfully confident and ambulatory.  He knew exactly where he was going at all times.  How?  He lives in the tunnels, he survives by stealing money and buying food.  Meanwhile he sends his disability checks to his ungrateful daughter who takes the money but still hates him.  It's sad that he refused offers of help from Robyn and Mel.

I recognised the guy who played the Irish mob boss as Scott William Winters, brother of Dean, from "Oz".  Still has the straggly blond hair and he seemed like he was trying to be a Donal Logue-light in this role.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, blackwing said:

Why do we have to have a police captain at all?  Who was the police captain in the first two seasons, did we even have one?  I just recall this lady showing up last season and causing issues.

I think Robyn even said something to Dante like "I liked it better when you didn't have a captain."  There is plenty of drama without having to have a captain getting in the way.  The show already had enough of that (Robyn pursued by police) in the past and it had been resolved when she saved the district attorney, so it's kind of like going backwards.  I guess they just felt like they needed another character.

• Like 5
On 3/5/2024 at 3:39 PM, blackwing said:

I recognised the guy who played the Irish mob boss as Scott William Winters, brother of Dean, from "Oz". 

Yes, a "go to" Irish guy! ;-)