Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep 1. Premiere "This Is Where the Legends Are Made" LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Hopefully it is okay to start a live chat thread.  Happy premiere day!  Two hours tonight and I think next week, then 90 minutes for the rest of the season (well, except the finale).

• Applause 1

Have we ever had any besides JP narrate the open before? So happy my show is back. Been binge watching Titans v Rebels the last few days to get in my Survivor zone. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Oh hey fun drinking game this season!  Take a shot of your favorite beverage everytime Taylor Swift or someone says they are a Swiftie is mentioned!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Okay some of these people seem more promising than they did in their interviews.

And that's what I miss-Probst doing his big dramatic entrance.  I miss the days of different locations when he'd be standing on top of a volcano or leaning out of a helicopter or batting jungle vines out of his way as he did his spiel.

We are getting a lot of info on the contestants in their own words already.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh hey fun drinking game this season!  Take a shot of your favorite beverage everytime Taylor Swift or someone says they are a Swiftie is mentioned!

Or every time someone refers to themself as quirky. Ugh. Other people can call you that, but if you use it to describe yourself, you sink to the bottom of my list.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Wow Probst, great pep talk.  'Most of you guys are going to be losers that aren't going to win no matter what you think, but thanks for coming out!'

I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't going to be soft anymore.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Wow Probst, great pep talk.  'Most of you guys are going to be losers that aren't going to win no matter what you think, but thanks for coming out!'

I mean he's not wrong. Only one person can win and it is true that one of the best parts of this game is that there are always the players who think they're outsmarting everyone, while instead everyone can see through them and plotting to get rid of them. 

• Like 2
(edited)

So Bhanu said a secret he doesn't want his tribe to know is that he's had issues with his shoulder (dislocated I think 10 times and if I understood correctly recent shoulder surgery).  So I was sort of cringing seeing him carrying that big puzzle piece back to his tribe's mat.

5 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

18 players is just too small if a cast. Does no one want to do survivor anymore. The loud mouths are already annoying me.

I wish we could have a cast of 20 again and back to 2 tribes.  Having starting tribes of 6 people just sometimes make the first vote or two so obvious, and doesn't always give people a chance to tip the scales in their favor.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I mean he's not wrong. Only one person can win and it is true that one of the best parts of this game is that there are always the players who think they're outsmarting everyone, while instead everyone can see through them and plotting to get rid of them. 

Oh yeah, I'm just surprised that he's right off the bat saying 'all but one of you are losers and don't even know it yet.'  But hey, Jem gets the assignment and has already declared herself the winner!  Oh and Jelinsky says he's the monster that Jeff refers to in the game.  So at least one of them is losing.

(edited)

So Purple (Yanu?) lost the challenge and got stuck with the Sweat challenge.  Q and Jelinsky are doing the challenge for their tribe, while the girls and Bhanu are back bonding at camp.  Bhanu seems nice but needs to stop talking in third person.

Siga came in second and chose to do savvy.  Of course, it's putting together a puzzle.  Two of the guys volunteer to do the tribe (Ben and Charlie).  Personally, I wouldn't want to be separated from what is a small majority in the group, but I guess it can also be a bad look if no one volunteers.

Edited by LadyChatts

Hopefully Maria and Tim don't swear on their kids and then betray that person, because even in this new era people seem to take that seriously.

Ben and Charlie are not being successful with this puzzle.  And they've lost the challenge for their tribe-but on the bright side they've named themselves the Dumb and Dumber alliance.

• LOL 1

And Soda got fire for her tribe.  I admit, I like when the women can come through like that.  Usually it's the men who hog the flint or make-shift supplies and don't let the women try.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

Girl, why would you talk about how successful you supposedly are on Survivor? That's a surefire way to ensure no one's going to want to vote to give you the million.

Seriously…has she ever watched Survivor?  So dumb.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I don't think Jelinsky made a good impression in front of Q there, who no doubt will tell the tribe how he just chucked the hour glass on the beach and broke it.  Did he say they still had time left?

• Like 2

These people suck. This is the problem with watching the current season of Aussie survivor at the same time, I should have expected the disappointment. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Girl, why would you talk about how successful you supposedly are on Survivor? That's a surefire way to ensure no one's going to want to vote to give you the million.

She's going to be more obnoxious than Emily was in the first several episodes last season.

• Like 1
(edited)

“Parent Coach”? Man, the occupations are all over the place.

Hey, another girl named Moriah! Maybe it’s more common than I thought.

Kenzie looks like she got hit by an ink truck.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

These people suck. This is the problem with watching the current season of Aussie survivor at the same time, I should have expected the disappointment. 

I think the casts are just becoming too cookie cutter.  I never thought I'd miss the themes but I think that helped shake casting up a little.  I feel like everyone is well educated and well off and/or has some sad backstory where they rose through the fire and overcame the odds.  I miss when we had a mix of people from different backgrounds.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

"The women came together and I believe I have an alliance".  Yeah, I hear that every season.  

And another alliance name, this time between Kenzie and Jelinsky who bond over tattoos.  "Shaggy and Daphne."  Honestly Kenzie may seriously be overplaying here.  I like her so I hope she reigns it in.  She thinks she has an alliance with her Shaggy, plus Tiffany and Q and thinks they are good because they have numbers.  Again, this never seems to go well day 1 when people think they have the majority.

Edited by LadyChatts
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Yes, he said a couple of hours

Okay, that's what I thought he said.  So Jelinsky really just gave up.  I get that was a hard challenge, but it looked like even he admitted Q was doing most of the work.  Yet he wasn't throwing the hour glass across the beach.

Oh hey, yet another alliance name!  The Andy Griffith alliance, between fans Hunter and Tevin.  I like them and I love classic TV so I'm here for this one.

• Like 4

So the girls alliance on Green (Maria, Moriah, and Jem) want to pull in Charlie to get a majority.  Maria jokes they can be Charlie's Angels, so I'll count it as yet another alliance name.

Charlie said he's only ever had women bosses so he thinks this alliance of women is perfect for him.

And Tim seems...upset that the women are playing?  And because he has a wife and a grandmother he knows how women operate?  Okay, he can go first.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Wow, day 1 and there have been more alliance names than on big brother day 1. Charlie reminds me of Spencer. When the girls talked about pulling him, I had to do a double take. 

• Like 2

And Venus realizes that being called a princess by Tevin means she's on the bottom automatically (and she's not exactly disputing the designation) and she's out idol hunting.  Pretty poorly because she caught Randen's attention when she walked into a spider web or had a spider fall on her.  Now she's even more on the radar.  He calls her "Parvati-lite" to Soda, who apparently isn't buying what he's selling (because she has Sodar).  

I can't keep up with this group.  But I think I'm digging her and Venus!

• Like 1
(edited)

Maybe I wasn't thinking about it deeply enough, but I actually don't think Tevin meant anything by the Princess comment to Venus and definitely not, "oh it means you're at the bottom." 

But her over the top reaction to it did lead to the hilarity of a growing beef between her and Brandon. So there is that. 

Edited by truthaboutluv