Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: A Strudel And A Hot American Boy Toy

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, CriticalMass said:

I can’t believe Mary would be ok with the unmarried Georgie sharing a bedroom with his girlfriend (despite the fact they already have a child together).

It could be that George told Mary that Mandy & the baby are in Georgie's room and Georgie is back out in the garage for the time being.  

It's usually better NOT to let Mary know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

I gotta admit, I'm still not a Memaw fan.  Will always love Mary Jo Shively, won't ever love Memaw.  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

It could be that George told Mary that Mandy & the baby are in Georgie's room and Georgie is back out in the garage for the time being.  

It's usually better NOT to let Mary know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

I gotta admit, I'm still not a Memaw fan.  Will always love Mary Jo Shively, won't ever love Memaw.  

I have always disliked Memaw, the brisket recipe episode did it for me. George was right, she has never appreciated him. He has always provided for his family, he has even turned down jobs so Mary could be close to her.  I would like to know why her other children don’t talk to her, I have a feeling it’s because she treats their spouses poorly. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

Do we know anything about Geroge's family? Where are his parents? Does he have any siblings?

I don't recall anybody ever saying anything about his side of the family.  It would be interesting to know the basics about them!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 2/29/2024 at 8:25 PM, Katy M said:

got chased by a miniature collie once.  we later became friends.

When I was little I got chased by a swan.  My father was like, "What do you think a swan's going to do to you?" I said I didn't want to find out.

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

When I was little I got chased by a swan.  My father was like, "What do you think a swan's going to do to you?" I said I didn't want to find out.

My college's campus has a small lake with lots of ducks and some swans. You do not mess with the swans.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I can tell you from a ten year olds perpective that they although they usually don't draw blood, their bite is harder that you would think. 😱

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Swans and geese are aggressive.  You don't mess around with them.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Swans and geese are aggressive.  You don't mess around with them.

I searched for this so you all wouldn't have to:  :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They've learned that humans can be dangerous and can't be trusted. I don't blame them for wanting to make sure we don't hurt them or their off-spring or interfere with their territory more than we already do.

• Like 3

It wasn't that long ago that a swan killed a man in Chicago. He got too close to the nesting pair, and - IIRC - it knocked him out of his boat and held him underwater until he died.

Adult Sheldon was incapable of taking a train trip by himself without incident. Mary was probably trying to prevent WWIII from starting.

• Like 5
On 2/29/2024 at 9:19 PM, Jodithgrace said:

Doesn’t Sheldon have classes? How can he go off on train journeys, though that sure looked like fun.

Maybe he was doing that on non-class days/weekends?

Loved him being chased by the dachshund.  I know he's afraid of dogs, but that was such a little one and yet it still stole his shoe. 😁

On 2/29/2024 at 9:25 PM, Katy M said:

It woul dhave been 7 hours earlier in TX, and no teenagers I knew at that time would be up at 9 in the morning if they didn't have to be.  And she clearly didn't have to be.

Maybe she was waiting for a call from Taylor?  Plus, Texas in the summer is hot and I wouldn't have wanted to be in bed very late.  9am wouldn't have been an unreasonable time for Missy to have been up.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:59 PM, snarkylady said:

Maybe snoring and farting are real life but they are not hilarious.  The sound of snoring is hateful, not funny.  That's Chuck Lorre right there....for him body functions are hilarious.  Your mileage may vary, of course.  

In real life both are annoying as hell but in the context of the scene, it was funny, especially the solutions.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:18 AM, SnapHappy said:

We've had a few voiceovers from adult Sheldon, Amy and Raj I think? Or was it Leonard? 

It was Howard.

On 3/2/2024 at 6:53 PM, CriticalMass said:

I can’t believe Mary would be ok with the unmarried Georgie sharing a bedroom with his girlfriend (despite the fact they already have a child together).

I don't think she knows the exact sleeping arrangements since she isn't there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 3/2/2024 at 3:27 AM, Yeah No said:

I'm just wondering if Sheldon's going to come back from Germany at all by the end of the series.  I guess with Meemaw over at her BF's house his room will still be available.

Georgie, Mandy and the baby are sleeping in Sheldon's room.

• Like 1

He could use this to leverage a move to the dorm, maybe?

Or they could put him and Missy back together? Then Georgie would be sent back to the garage while Missy and the baby sleep in whichever room the twins aren't sharing.

(edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 11:19 PM, howiveaddict said:

I remember on BBT that Sheldon couldn't lie. The episode where Leonard and him made up a lie to get out of Penny singing in Rent.  What happened from his lies this episode to him unable to lie to Penny and hiring an actor to make his story plausible.  

Found out tonight the my hubby is hot for MeMaw's hairdo.  So of course I had to show him pictures of how Annie Pott's hair really looks.  To me MeMaw's hair looks like how my grandma used to wear hers. Hmm.

Every time I look at Annie Potts, I feel bad about myself.. obviously she’s had work done but boy does it look good. She had an exceptional plastic surgeon, dermatologist, etc. & the wig is beautiful. I have not looked up what she looks like in real life,, going to now.

just checked her out on Instagram and while she still looks damn good, you can see the aging. What the heck are they doing on the show ? filming her through a magic camera?  she doesn’t have a line or sag on her face or neck.

Edited by chediavolo
  • Like 3
On 3/3/2024 at 10:55 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

They will f*** you up! Guard birds! 

• Like 3