Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Remorse

• Start Topic

S06.E02: Remorse
February 20, 2024

The team races to find the killer and the missing woman after the president of the NY Fed is gunned down trying to help a young woman in peril. Additionally, a distressing connection to one of Jubal's past cases is revealed during the investigation, compounding the pressure on him as he also deals with his son's school suspension.

• Useful 1

Pretty good episode - I always like a good Jubal centric episode as he’s probably my favorite character. Nice to see him go out in the field and lead the team, and be the one to take out the perp at the end - this perp was one evil piece of shit.

I had a couple of questions about the case - so the perp had to take the one daughter he abducted to get a prescription from the shady doctor because she was sick, and then once he killed the guy trying to help at the start of the episode, he had to ditch the daughter and the car and then go and grab the other daughter to try to get away because he knew the police were on to him, I guess that’s how it went down. His movements were a lot to keep track of. My main question was had he ever taken either of the girls out of his basement before? He probably had and just no one noticed because no one knew to look for anything. But that was unclear 

And I thought Isobel’s line was odd when she said their priority should be people who weren’t shooting at them, the girl had been through a living hell the last few years and was so messed up she didn’t know what to believe or who to trust, she should be just as much a concern as the hostages especially since she had no intent of harming any innocent person, she was just overwhelmed. Jubal was 100% correct in how he handled the situation and got the girl to safety, he did great, and Isobel’s line just seemed very cold, which was odd to me.

A pretty equal amount of screentime for the field agents and I always enjoy the scenes at the office with the analysts. I figured they would mention something about Hobbs’ death or the hunt for the guy who shot him, but nothing was said, I figured they would at least have a line about that case still being open.

I would’ve also liked a bit of an explanation for why the serial killer confessed to killing the girls years earlier when he didn’t have anything to do with it. 

I liked how the case played out and it was a compelling hour, and Jubal going out in the field and coordinating things is always enjoyable to watch, like I say I enjoy Jubal centric episodes as I’ve been a fan of the actor since his L&O days. A solid episode, but a lot to keep track of.

• Like 6

Nice bookending with the two nurses realizing that they're not all powerful and Isobel telling Jubal the same at the end.

Good idea, getting the NYPD involved.  The FBI with its four field agents could always use the help of the largest municipal police department in the country when it comes to finding someone.

A bit more situational awareness, people.  Both times the agents approached suspects, they just pushed them up against a barrier and started questioning them.  No handcuffs, no frisking.

• Like 2
(edited)

So many daddy issues in one episode: Jubal and son, Father of missing girls, and crazy PTSD abductor 'dad'. 
I also appreciated Isobel telling Jubal to, basically, "get off the cross so people can use the wood". 
Thankfully, in this Jubal-centric episode, he was not constantly on his phone with his wife during the case. There is also the troubling trend of past cases that Jubal feels guilty about for sorta dropping the ball - I hope the writers are keeping track. 

The FBI shows are always so heavy-handed about things, so that is expected .. but the pounding, not-really-background music felt over-the-top in this episode.

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 2

Trevor Hobbs is already forgotten in this episode, so dispensable.

The COTW is chaotic and lack of focus, I have lost interest after 10 minutes.

Does Jubal’s ex-wife think she is inculpable of her actions? She’s the one who moved their kids to the suburb. If their kids are having tough time adjusting, she can’t put the blame on Jubal. It’s always Tyler to cause troubles, never the daughter. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

The COTW is chaotic and lack of focus, I have lost interest after 10 minutes.

Does Jubal’s ex-wife think she is inculpable of her actions? She’s the one who moved their kids to the suburb. If their kids are having tough time adjusting, she can’t put the blame on Jubal. It’s always Tyler to cause troubles, never the daughter. 

When I saw the episode title, I had mistakenly assumed that "Remorse" was referring to Hobbs' death. Nope!

And agreed on Jubal's ex-wife.

• Like 3
On 2/21/2024 at 11:05 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Budget cut. Quite a few returning shows are reducing the number of actors per episode.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

(Producer standing at the end of the block with a stopwatch):  "Nope, not good enough.  Next."

The NFL Combine, but for FBI agents. One challenge involves being hit by a van and continuing the chase, like with Tiffany in the premiere.

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, Netfoot said:

And yet, Jubal keeps his job.

Well yes.  They had a confession and it fit with the evidence.  People are considered dead in that instance even if they can’t locate the body.  Jubal and the other agents can’t possibly be expected to find the bodies in a city  the size of New York.  If there are no other leads, there  are no places to look. So people move on to the next case.  There have been multiple cases in real life where people have been held just like these two girls for months, years, decades and found by chance.  So yes, it’s realistic to think that Jubal keeps his job. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Well yes.  They had a confession and it fit with the evidence.  People are considered dead in that instance even if they can’t locate the body.  Jubal and the other agents can’t possibly be expected to find the bodies in a city  the size of New York.  If there are no other leads, there  are no places to look. So people move on to the next case.  There have been multiple cases in real life where people have been held just like these two girls for months, years, decades and found by chance.  So yes, it’s realistic to think that Jubal keeps his job. 

Also, the explanatory throwaway lines:

[MAGGIE(?) TO JUBAL] Gower, your boss, made the call, not you.
[JUBAL] You know, deep down, I think I knew it wasn't a clean solve.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So yes, it’s realistic to think that Jubal keeps his job. 

No, he keeps his job despite the fact that he shouldn't have been allowed near this case, given his personal involvement. Not only is he involved, but he takes over the scene, overrules everyone else and eventually satisfied his need for vengeance by shooting his old nemesis in the back.

It's like Plot-Armour. Except it's Plot-Job-Security. No matter what happens, he won't get killed. Or fired. Hell, he didn't even receive a reprimand. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

No, he keeps his job despite the fact that he shouldn't have been allowed near this case, given his personal involvement. Not only is he involved, but he takes over the scene, overrules everyone else and eventually satisfied his need for vengeance by shooting his old nemesis in the back.

I agree that scripted  TV shows seem to always  allow personally involved agents and officers to rush in. They never seem to be reprimanded.  However, the scene showed that he was justified in shooting the guy because he was in the process of firing at the now unarmed teenage victim.   We know that the agents and officers had a camera feed from the interior of the building.   It would be ruled a justified use of force.  Also always happens on a scripted tv shows. 

• Like 2

I just wish they would do away with Jubal's family dramas. It is always a problem with the boy. I really don't need to hear and see about it anymore.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

However, the scene showed that he was justified in shooting the guy because he was in the process of firing at the now unarmed teenage victim.

His involvement is exactly why he shouldn't have been allowed within a mile of the case. The fact that his actions can even be questioned is why he should have been shut out. Let OA do the shooting. 

He didn't even have to go sit through some therapy session with a shrink, which seems to be SOP in US law enforcement these days. "You stumped your toe while on a case? How did it make you feel? Perhaps you have a case of PTSD..."

5 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

I just wish they would do away with Jubal's family dramas.

I wish they would do away with Jubal. He does nothing for the team except shout "Listen up, people! The team has done exactly what we pay them to do, and what we therefore expect them to do but I am here for the sole purpose of yelling you that they did it. Except on the rate occasion where they manufacture a COTW to give me a raison d'être!"

14 hours ago, Netfoot said:

but I am here for the sole purpose of yelling…Except on the rare occasion where they manufacture a COTW to give me a raison d'être!"

Find the scrap of paper!
Vive le papier toilette!

• Love 1
On 2/27/2024 at 9:52 AM, b4pjoe said:

I just wish they would do away with Jubal's family dramas. It is always a problem with the boy. I really don't need to hear and see about it anymore.

I actually might be more interested in Jubal's family drama if girl child had some sort of issue. I am sick of the focus on Tyler.