Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

After Tunde gets into a car accident, Bob and Abishola cajole him into getting glasses but worry that his issues are more than just his eyesight.

Airdate: 02/19/2024

• Sad 1
(edited)

Based on the last scene in which Olu makes Tunde get out and walk the last 4 blocks because of his back seat driving, are we supposed to conclude that Olu is in denial about Tunde having dementia? Tunde did tell Bob that he told Olu that he had blamed cats for all 3 of the accidents, and so figured she was wise to his condition, right?

But I'm not 100% sure it's dementia. He did say he got the gas and brake pedals mixed up. But my Mom had to stop driving because a form of Parkinson's resulted in her being unable to sufficiently use her right leg. And Tunde seemed pretty sharp. IDK where they're going with this.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Based on the last scene in which Olu makes Tunde get out and walk the last 4 blocks because of his back seat driving, are we supposed to conclude that Olu is in denial about Tunde having dementia? Tunde did tell Bob that he told Olu that he had blamed cats for all 3 of the accidents, and so figured she was wise to his condition, right?

But I'm not 100% sure it's dementia. He did say he got the gas and brake pedals mixed up. But my Mom had to stop driving because a form of Parkinson's resulted in her being unable to sufficiently use her right leg. And Tunde seemed pretty sharp. IDK where they're going with this.

I hope it's not dementia.  He isn't acting like it's that either.  It could be diabetes.  My brother in law is a diabetic and had to stop driving because of neuropathy in his feet.  And he's in his early '70s.  There are other medical conditions that can cause stuff like that too.

• Like 2

What I want to know is what happened to the cliffhanger we were left with at the end of last season?  Do they think we forgot about that?  Abishola was accepted into Johns Hopkins but so far this season they're acting like that never happened.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

What I want to know is what happened to the cliffhanger we were left with at the end of last season?  Do they think we forgot about that?  Abishola was accepted into Johns Hopkins but so far this season they're acting like that never happened.

From what the producers have said in interviews, I think they’ll get back to it

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, DanaK said:

From what the producers have said in interviews, I think they’ll get back to it

I'm sure it will too, but with a very big decision like that looming I don't find it realistic that it isn't even mentioned at all after 2 episodes already.  Usually a cliffhanger in a TV show isn't shelved when the next season starts but is the very place the new season begins.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I'm sure it will too, but with a very big decision like that looming I don't find it realistic that it isn't even mentioned at all after 2 episodes already.  Usually a cliffhanger in a TV show isn't shelved when the next season starts but is the very place the new season begins.

Budget cuts.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Are we only getting 10 episodes of this last season because the season was cut short due to the strikes? Would we have gotten the standard 22 if there hadn't been a strike? If they're now only getting 10 episodes total, I can see how some (many) things will get swept under the rug. 

I don't think they're going dementia for Tunde. I think it's just an older/slower storyline. 

Edited by joanne3482

Wow, everyone was so unlikeable in this episode except for Bob, Abishola & Olu.

Ebun & Dottie: their speech about men becoming crybabies and their friends dying was incredible selfish and lacked empathy.

Dele was really annoying when Bob caught him coming home in the middle of the night. When did he turn into such a brat?

And Tunde telling Olu how to drive. I loved that she made him get out of the car. No need to put up with that crap.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Dele was really annoying when Bob caught him coming home in the middle of the night. When did he turn into such a brat?

I actually liked that Dele is becoming a normal teen.  He was too good, too obedient before.  Abishola, and his traditional Nigerian upbringing were too strict.  There had to be something else going on than just his dance dreams, and here we find that he's had a girlfriend for two years.  I didn't like the attitude he first copped with Bob, just assuming cool step-dad Bob would let him get away with it, no biggee, but then he found cool step-dad Bob has his limits.  This was the scene I've been wanting for a long time.  Evidence that Dele has a double life, and evidence that Bob is more than just the fun-uncle dude.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

Are we only getting 10 episodes of this last season because the season was cut short due to the strikes? Would we have gotten the standard 22 if there hadn't been a strike? If they're now only getting 10 episodes total, I can see how some (many) things will get swept under the rug. 

As said 13 and my guess is the smaller number is due to the strike, similar to nearly every returning show this midseason

• Like 1

I just wish TV writers would get with the damn times and knock off the “10 and 2” crap already. That was before airbags, so it’s very outdated. The current advice is 9 and 3 to avoid arm fractures if the airbag deploys.

Funniest part: Ebun and Dottie on men getting older.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Harvey said:

Ebun & Dottie: their speech about men becoming crybabies and their friends dying was incredible selfish and lacked empathy.

Perhaps but I've known men in my own life like that, one of them my father, although I did have empathy for him as he outlived many of his close friends, his wife and all of his relatives (except me).  

I think the point of the humor was that the men involved are themselves incredibly self-centered and lacking in empathy for the women in their lives who may also be going through their own similar losses.

• Like 5