Type keyword(s) to search

The 30th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards (2024)

• Start Topic

I may have chuckled at The Last of Us getting a Best Ensemble nom and only 2 names attached to the nomination when all the other shows nominated have a phonebook worth of names attached to them. It just looks really jarring.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Colman Domingo, Bradley Cooper, Paul Giamatti, Cillian Murphy & Jeffrey Wright I SAG-Awards 2024
SAG-AFTRA Foundation   Jan 30, 2024

Robert Downey Jr., Willem Dafoe & Sterling K. Brown | SAG Awards Nominee Conversations 2024
SAG-AFTRA Foundation   Jan 30, 2024

Jodie Foster, Danielle Brooks, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Emily Blunt & Penélope Cruz I SAG Awards 2024
SAG-AFTRA Foundation   Feb 1, 2024

Brie Larson, Uzo Aduba, Bel Powley & Kathryn Hahn I SAG Awards Conversations 2024
SAG-AFTRA Foundation   Jan 26, 2024

Tonight's the night!

Coverage of tonight's Screen Actors Guild Awards is live streaming exclusively on Netflix beginning at 7:00 p.m. EST/4:00 p.m. PST. As the awards are scheduled to begin at 8:00 p.m. EST/5:00 p.m. PST, I'm assuming that Netflix is showing an hour of red carpet coverage prior to the ceremony.

E! has live televised red carpet coverage beginning at 6:00 p.m. EST/3:00 p.m. PST.

People and Entertainment Weekly have shared red carpet coverage live streaming at 6:00 p.m. EST/3:00 p.m. PST on their You Tube channels. Here's a link:

3 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Are they going to keep interrupting the show with these interviews? Is that cause they don't have commercials and need to fill the time or something?

Yeah it's their version of commercial breaks.

• Like 2

I liked RDJ naming Anthony Michael Hall and James Spader. They have been buds since the 80s. Though RDJ and AMH had a not so memorable run on SNL. Still very nice. 

Funny all the thanking of Netflix since Netflix was one of the reasons they had to go on Strike.

• Like 4

Overall I thought it was a pretty good show just because it moved at a good clip. BUT those backstage interviews were just atrocious and annoying. But I also hated the little bit of Tan that I saw on the red carpet. I just don't think he's a very good interviewer. 

I'm happy that we're now done with tv awards season as I'm bored with seeing Succession, Beef, and The Bear sweep everything. Although I know it's now a moot point with Succession and Beef. And while I love The Bear, IT IS NOT A COMEDY. 

I haven't watched Oppenheimer yet because I feel like it's going to be a 3-hour slog. But I'm also looking forward to the end of RDJ smug mugging his way through awards season too. He really is in love with the sound of his own voice. 

• Like 2

I thought this was one of the most boring award shows I've seen in awhile.  Everyone there looked bored too.  Except for Pedro, of course 😁

I was surprised to see Tyler Christopher in the In Memorium segment.  No clue he died.  I wasn't a GH fan but was sad to learn he passed in October.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:09 PM, ShadowHunter said:

Jeff and Geena was nice. Love seeing a reunion of The Fly and Earth Girls Are Easy lol. 

They were married to each other for a short while, too. I wonder if that made things a bit awkward, or if enough time has passed that it is more like seeing someone you dated in college. 

I watched part of the Netflix stream, and found this to be one of the most boring awards shows I've seen in years. I don't know whether it was the direction, the lame banter, or the winner interviews, but it was not compelling enough for me to finish watching it. Netflix should have been able to get better pacing for it. It made some of the televised awards show look great in comparison. 

• Like 1

I love Idris but he was not good. Hosting these shows is a terrible job. It would be nice if they got someone who agreed to just be a boring complimentary host, not someone trying to be funny.

Tan France is annoying af. He can get off my screen.

I felt like the camera crew/director of the broadcast had never done an awards show before. 

• Like 2
On 2/25/2024 at 9:25 AM, MicheleinPhilly said:

I'm happy that we're now done with tv awards season as I'm bored with seeing Succession, Beef, and The Bear sweep everything. Although I know it's now a moot point with Succession and Beef. And while I love The Bear, IT IS NOT A COMEDY. 

I thought it was interesting that the Succession cast didn’t win either of the individual awards. With the male category, it was a split between Brian, Kieran, and Matthew, but then Sarah Snook didn’t win! I wonder if SAG had Succession fatigue too. 

I wonder if Kieran shot himself in the foot by starting his fake feud with Pedro Pascal.