Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Row Row Row Your Boat On A Rocky Sea

• Start Topic

01/17/2024 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : PREMIERE: When the E.D. is flooded with patients from a crash, the entire team is pulled in to help. Dr. Charles can't shake the feeling that he knows the new E.D. attending. Dr. Archer has second thoughts on the eve of his kidney transplant.

My TiVo has this listed as S8 E23 so I thought it was a repeat. The descriptions are off for the new season of all my shows. Anyway, I started recording it at 8:08. I presume I didn’t miss much?

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

My TiVo has this listed as S8 E23 so I thought it was a repeat. The descriptions are off for the new season of all my shows. Anyway, I started recording it at 8:08. I presume I didn’t miss much?

Yeah, I’ve noticed that myself

You didn’t miss too much. Just a recap and then initial scenes on a car accident pileup

Why exactly did they have to bring Crockett’s patient from the crash site by chopper when all the ambulances seemed to beat them to Med anyway?

6 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I must admit to missing a few episodes last season, so can someone explain why Maggie and Ben are on the verge of divorcing?

As I recall, she had an emotional affair, or was on the verge of one, with an old boyfriend

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

As I recall, she had an emotional affair, or was on the verge of one, with an old boyfriend

It was a full-blown emotional affair on the verge of getting physical, and the old boyfriend is Vanessa's birth father who was pursuing Maggie hard.  I hate that the show is trying to make Maggie sympathetic here.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

One of the later episodes last season, that took place during a blizzard, had Maggie and Ben embracing and seeming to reconcile.  Evidently, something happened after that to make their marriage go on the rocks again.

• Like 2
(edited)

They turned on the lights! I never understood why this show was so dimly lit.

The opening was kind of jarring for it to be the season premiere. It felt like the story started in the middle of the action. There were no shots of the accident scene to establish what happened or scenes of the new doctor being introduced to the staff.

The new doctor taking that patient off his psych med showed a serious lack of judgment. If he has that much of a problem with Dr. Charles, then he needs to go work somewhere else.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 1

Maggie was also concealing from Ben the fact that she was still seeing and spending time with her ex.  So not only was she having an emotional affair, or close enough to one, she was lying about it because she knew how Ben would feel about it.  I don't think she chose to come clean later, either.  She got caught after-the-fact - she never told Ben she was with her ex in his car when they were hit and she had to receive medical treatment.  I think someone in the hospital made an off-hand comment to Ben that tipped him off.

So no duh he decided he can't trust her and/or his feelings for her have been too negatively impacted.  It's fair that she doesn't want to talk about him with co-workers or hear about how great he is, but ultimately, it's the consequences of her own actions.

I love Luke Mitchell (Ripley), so that biases me towards being patient for the show to make him more likable/balanced.  I really hope his primary purpose is not to inject regular conflict.

The premiere gave me Dr. Abrams and his withering self, so I'm happy.

Who on earth is improving the 2.0 software???  Yeah yeah, Crockett said he had fixed the problems, but he only knows the medicine part of it.  No way is he hands-on coding anything, nor is Jack Dayton still paying technical people to support 2.0.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

Who on earth is improving the 2.0 software???  Yeah yeah, Crockett said he had fixed the problems, but he only knows the medicine part of it.  No way is he hands-on coding anything, nor is Jack Dayton still paying technical people to support 2.0.

Yeah, I was wondering that myself, especially as a retired software developer

• Like 3
10 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

not just this show! drives me nuts. the police procedurals are the worst. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

it's really noticeable when a Chicago PD or Chicago Fire story brings them to Med in their respective shows, and the lighting is completely different (bright).

My two pet peeves for modern television is that the lighting is so dark, and voices are muffled. Not a good combo for older viewers whose vision and hearing aren't what they used to be.

• Like 9
On 1/19/2024 at 11:06 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

My two pet peeves for modern television is that the lighting is so dark, and voices are muffled. Not a good combo for older viewers whose vision and hearing aren't what they used to be.

The latter is why closed captioning was invented Lol! I’ve reached the point where I can’t watch anything without it anymore 😫

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

The latter is why closed captioning was invented Lol! I’ve reached the point where I can’t watch anything without it anymore 😫

Ditto. I can't really watch anything without it.

• Like 1

Nice to have some new eye candy on the show. Hopefully he’s a good doctor who overcame what was obviously a rough childhood. And I hope Dr Charles doesn’t hold it against him.