Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Sierra

Bort
  • Start Topic

After the Clearing’s destroyed in a dinosaur attack, the survivors must find a new home. Gavin discovers a clue about where Eve has been taken, but tracking the lead down results in even more tragic consequences.

Airdate: January 9, 2024

• Useful 1

I watched four recaps on YouTube and I still couldn't follow this episode worth a damn. It is still a colossal mess. They just jump from one mystery box to another, I can't keep track.

Apparently they've got a Great Clips down there in 10,000 BC, I see that Josh has gotten a nice trim since the last time we saw him.

I can't even with the potato-powered laptop. Not even. 

They've just thrown too much crap at the wall with this show and nothing ever sticks. And the show still insists that I care about all the various romances. Nope.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I watched four recaps on YouTube and I still couldn't follow this episode worth a damn. It is still a colossal mess. They just jump from one mystery box to another, I can't keep track.

Apparently they've got a Great Clips down there in 10,000 BC, I see that Josh has gotten a nice trim since the last time we saw him.

They've just thrown too much crap at the wall with this show and nothing ever sticks. And the show still insists that I care about all the various romances. Nope.

Yes, this episode was all over the place! Maybe they are trying to cram it in since it's almost over. I did go buy a sack of potatoes to try!

• LOL 1

My husband and I almost quit the show in season one and then decided we wanted to see how off the wall they would go. There is no logic or common sense but we figure the writers are having a blast throwing in whatever they feel like and so we just enjoy it as a bonkers way to spend an hour.

• Like 5

I knew Natalie Zea was going to have a lot less screen time, but not even listed in the opening credits ? Wow .The body double with the wig cooking breakfast, WTF. 

And the tribal woman that married Ty was mentioned but not shown . Wonder if the cast has been trimmed to pay for the dinosaurs, LOL. 

I had to look up when the show last aired, its been almost a year . I can barely remember anything other than its always been a  dumpster fire of a plot. 

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Msample said:

I had to look up when the show last aired, its been almost a year . I can barely remember anything other than its always been a  dumpster fire of a plot. 

Same, hence the recaps on YouTube. I thought I had a fairly decent refresher course on what went down during the first two seasons, but it didn't seem like anything in this episode followed up on anything in the previous two, except for Eve being gone. 

(edited)

I knew what I was watching, so I can only blame myself for watching.

The only WTH moment for me was at the end when Ty was told it was September 2021 and he then said the sinkhole was going to open in 2 weeks. 
Is this La Brea Speak for: "Note to audience. There's no pandemic in this show's timeline"?
I guess I should say: "Thanks for the reminder"?

In this September 2021, do white dudes in pickup trucks generally feel brotherly towards a black guy laying in the middle of the road in the dark of night on the edge of Los Angeles, or is this white dude just one of the good guys? 

So.
Back in 10KBC, Josh and Lucas have twin bloody marks on the left side of their foreheads near their hairlines? 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

I know I shouldn't but I'm really gonna miss this dumb show when it ends ! I rewatched several episodes this past summer, including the season finale. But I was still a little confused with this premier. I couldn't remember some of the side characters they talked about without seeing what they looked like and I don't remember all the little side plots because there are so many. Like I don't remember when all the people that lived in the huts went ? I seem to remember them leaving now, but where they went is still a blank. Were they mentioned in this ep and I missed it ? 

Oh well, it's been a fun ride, for me anyway.

• Like 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, willco said:

Like I don't remember when all the people that lived in the huts went ? I seem to remember them leaving now, but where they went is still a blank.

To the best of my recollection, Paara's group still lives in that enclosed village. We just didn't see any of them this episode. But I don't know what happened to "The Exiles" - the enslavement camp where people were forced to mine some kind of mysterious ore for the tower. I suspect the show would like to pretend they simply no longer exist. Same as the untold number of tower employees who may or may not have escaped the explosion. 

What I don't remember is where this laptop came from or how it could possibly be of any use to Gavin, even before Scott managed to power it back up with a bank of potato batteries. Did it belong to James, and did Gavin think there was something in there that would tell him where Eve went?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

I followed the plot - but it’s as if it’s Season 4 of Lost.  Let’s just turn over the apple cart and make up a whole new storyline.  Just how many nefarious groups decided to come to 10,000BC and mess with time travel?  

In addition, did they give half these people new personalities?   Lucas and Veronica in particular.    

I was bored with Eve already.  She’s gone and she is still taking over the show. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
22 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I followed the plot - but it’s as if it’s Season 4 of Lost.  Let’s just turn over the apple cart and make up a whole new storyline.  Just how many nefarious groups decided to come to 10,000BC and mess with time travel?  

In addition, did they give half these people new personalities?   Lucas and Veronica in particular.    

I was bored with Eve already.  She’s gone and she is still taking over the show. 

Congratulations, @mythoughtis, on perfectly encapsulating the gist of the show.
I’d go a step further and say Every episode of the La Brea is “as if it’s Season 4 of Lost.” 

• Like 2

I just read that not only is Natalie Zea a limited part this season, but two actors who jumped thru the portal ( her son and his gf ) are also not regulars anymore. In a nutshell, the network hemming and hawing forced actors to look for other work in case the series got cancelled; by the time they renewed some cast members had gotten other roles and ran into scheduling issues. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Msample said:

I just read that not only is Natalie Zea a limited part this season, but two actors who jumped thru the portal ( her son and his gf ) are also not regulars anymore. In a nutshell, the network hemming and hawing forced actors to look for other work in case the series got cancelled; by the time they renewed some cast members had gotten other roles and ran into scheduling issues. 

I thought the actors were all under contract for X episodes a season, and when they announced the renewal, they said the network told everyone it was only 6 episodes (less then the contract) but then they would be released. And the actors were supposedly down with it. 

But I'm guessing they wanted to cut costs and some of the cast didn't want to have to go to Australia to film.

• Like 1
(edited)

Question for all of you: 

Presumably Ty will attempt to stop the sinkhole from happening.  Considering that the supposed reason for the sinkholes is someone opening time portals from the tower in 10,000BC- what can Ty possibly do in 2021 to stop it?  Especially now that the tower is destroyed and auroras appear at random? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Presumably Ty will attempt to stop the sinkhole from happening.

Right. This is the logical plot development at this point.
But when has this show ever followed logic?
Nevertheless: Make it so.

(edited)
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Right. This is the logical plot development at this point.
But when has this show ever followed logic?
Nevertheless: Make it so.

Correct - but again,  just how is he going to do that even if he can convince anyone to help him?     

oops- I’m attempting to be logical again.  Never mind 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Presumably Ty will attempt to stop the sinkhole from happening.  Considering that the supposed reason for the sinkholes is someone opening time portals from the tower in 10,000BC- what can Ty possibly do in 2021 to stop it?  Especially now that the tower is destroyed and auroras appear at random? 

I don't see how either. Gavin's father was controlling time travel from 10,000 B.C. and Gavin's mom was working on it in the 80s. So far as we know, there's nobody in 2021 controlling anything. That, of course, won't stop the show from adding something that will.

The better story would be for Ty to find the Harris family and prevent all of them from being anywhere near the sinkhole, thus changing the timeline and preventing any of them from ever being dropped into 10,000 B.C. in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

How exactly did Riley fight off the raptor ?  They had no weapons.
Why didn't the raptor kill and eat them both ?

How exactly did all these dinosaurs know to walk through the auroras from 65 million BC ?  The auroras weren't open all that long.  Were all these dinosaurs sitting around a campfire just waiting for an aurora to appear so they could go through at the same time ?  How come none of the dinosaurs are injured -- because all the auroras appeared in the sky and they would have fallen a significant distance before hitting the ground.

What or who generated the dual aurora ?  Will we be getting a triple or quadruple aurora any time soon ?  Because that makes about as much sense as a double aurora.

Ty is in 2021 a couple of weeks before the sinkhole -- so where did Josh and Riley go ?  To join Eve in 65 million BC.

And Levi and Petra have been kidnapped by guys in a helicopter -- were these mystery men just sitting around waiting for Levi and Petra to show up ?

13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The better story would be for Ty to find the Harris family and prevent all of them from being anywhere near the sinkhole, thus changing the timeline and preventing any of them from ever being dropped into 10,000 B.C. in the first place.

They have already shown that they can change the past -- remember the crashed plane that appeared in that dig in L.A. and then disappeared -- maybe they can change the future as well.

I like how everyone's hair is bouncing and behaving like they just got out of a salon and all their clothes are still so very clean after all this time in 10,000 BC.
Riley even mentions that she hasn't changed clothes in a week (after she briefly traveled with Josh to the 1980s).

This writing on this show is so bad.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 1/14/2024 at 8:59 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

How exactly did Riley fight off the raptor ?  They had no weapons.
Why didn't the raptor kill and eat them both ?

How exactly did all these dinosaurs know to walk through the auroras from 65 million BC ?  The auroras weren't open all that long.  Were all these dinosaurs sitting around a campfire just waiting for an aurora to appear so they could go through at the same time ?  How come none of the dinosaurs are injured -- because all the auroras appeared in the sky and they would have fallen a significant distance before hitting the ground.

It could have been a sinkhole like the 2021 one. Then the dinos all just fell through with no control about what was happening? 

But no idea how Riley fought off a raptor. I was wondering that too. In Jurassic Park those raptors are people up in seconds.

• Like 1
On 1/10/2024 at 10:31 AM, iMonrey said:

It’s right next door to the Gap, the Walmart, and the laundromat.  That can be the only explanation why everyone is wearing brand new clean clothes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/10/2024 at 10:31 AM, iMonrey said:

I just kept thinking about Professor Proton and his potato powered clock on the Big Bang Theory.  

• LOL 2