Type keyword(s) to search

General Discussion

• Start Topic

I liked the first singer the most. I enjoyed the show except for Anthony Anderson's mother her guesses were worse than Ken's on the Masked Singer.

• Like 3

Not surprised to see Joel McHale. He seems to be on a lot of realty shows. Nikki was on I Can See Your Voice and then this show. Twice in one night. 

1 hour ago, kathyk2 said:

I liked the first singer the most. 

I guessed Kelly Rowland for the first (I saw the "Bills, Bills, Bills" clue as well) because I see her in those commercials all the time.

I was close.  Michelle's cousin does have a great voice.

The people who guessed Beyonce ----- really??  I don't see her appearing on these shows anytime soon.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Not surprised to see Joel McHale. He seems to be on a lot of realty shows. 

I got the second one right ---  "Crime Scene Kitchen", "The Soup", "Animal Control", "The Bear" ----

Joel McHale is doing a dozen different shows all at once.   When does he sleep?????

1 hour ago, kathyk2 said:

I enjoyed the show except for Anthony Anderson's mother her guesses were worse than Ken's on the Masked Singer.

She is clearly meant to be comic relief.   Unlike Ken, her guesses are actually funny.

I liked it.   Maybe more celebs would be willing to do this show instead of "Masked Singer"?????

• Like 2
On 1/4/2024 at 5:25 PM, Twilight Man said:

I guessed Kelly Rowland for the first (I saw the "Bills, Bills, Bills" clue as well) because I see her in those commercials all the time.

I was close.  Michelle's cousin does have a great voice.

The people who guessed Beyonce ----- really??  I don't see her appearing on these shows anytime soon.

I got the second one right ---  "Crime Scene Kitchen", "The Soup", "Animal Control", "The Bear" ----

Joel McHale is doing a dozen different shows all at once.   When does he sleep?????

She is clearly meant to be comic relief.   Unlike Ken, her guesses are actually funny.

I liked it.   Maybe more celebs would be willing to do this show instead of "Masked Singer"?????

Michelle was on The Masked Singer in season 2 as the butterfly. Beyonce or other big stars (ex: Taylor Swift) would never do these shows.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

The moment the cousin said she was from Rockford, IL which pretty much was her first words, I knew it was Michelle.   Then the initial picture clues confirmed it even as folks were guessing Beyonce (who wouldn't do any reality/game shows in a million years...LOL) and Kelly initially.

I like the show so far.

ETA I realized that Beyonce did make an appearance once on Lip Sync Battle when Channing Tatum was mimicking her Single Ladies persona.   But other than that, NOPE!

Edited by Meedis

Tonight's episode   -----   The Carnie Cometh!!!!!!

The Masked Singer, The Wheel, Celebracadabra  (yes, that was also a show)

If there is any type of celebrity reality or game show,  SHE will be there!!!!

PS ---- I remember seeing Lola two years ago, so I immediately knew who it was,

but yeah, the clues (Bridemaids - they show up at the end) just were too easy.

This is a fun show.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

Lola was amazing she needs to have a record deal. I recognized Carnie Wilson as soon as she started to sing.

I knew it was Carnie before the clues or Lola even sang.

I saw the person (most likely a woman) behind the orb was plus size. That plus Carnie has a daughter named Lola. Also Lola mentioned being inspired by her Grandfather (Brian Wilson). This is the 3rd person from The Masked Singer whose been on. I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of that this season.

• Like 1
(edited)

I had no idea on the football player. I could tell from the clues that he played for the Panthers, but that didn't help at all.

As soon as Jojo started singing and moving around I knew it was her. The only clue I recognized for her was the giant bow though. She was just on Special Forces on FOX, so FOX is really recycling their celebs.

I feel dumb for not getting Carnie sooner. I thought the grandfather reference was a red herring, and never thought they'd actually sing that grandfather's song! It wasn't until someone mentioned that Wilson might refer to the last name, that I was able to put everything together. Then it seemed so obvious! I only saw Bridesmaids once and don't remember much, so at first I thought it might be Melissa McCarthy, going off of the silhouette, but none of the clues made any sense for her.

I agree without the person above who said these clues are a lot easier than The Masked Singer!

Some of the contestants give horrible guesses! Why would you guess a man when it's clearly a woman singing? I recognized some of the constants from the first episode. I'm guessing they film a few episodes back to back. 

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I had no idea on the football player. I could tell from the clues that he played for the Panthers, but that didn't help at all.

As soon as Jojo started singing and moving around I knew it was her. The only clue I recognized for her was the giant bow though. She was just on Special Forces on FOX, so FOX is really recycling their celebs.

I feel dumb for not getting Carnie sooner. I thought the grandfather reference was a red herring, and never thought they'd actually sing that grandfather's song! It wasn't until someone mentioned that Wilson might refer to the last name, that I was able to put everything together. Then it seemed so obvious! I only saw Bridesmaids once and don't remember much, so at first I thought it might be Melissa McCarthy, going off of the silhouette, but none of the clues made any sense for her.

I agree without the person above who said these clues are a lot easier than The Masked Singer!

Some of the contestants give horrible guesses! Why would you guess a man when it's clearly a woman singing? I recognized some of the constants from the first episode. I'm guessing them film a few episodes back to back. 

What was the Bridesmaids clue about? 

(edited)
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Dare I say that I like this show better than Masked Singer? 

Also, I don't have to hear the weepy MS panel constantly saying "who is that?" along with prolonged annoying "take it off".

I can't stand that goofy audience making their stupid heart gestures with their hands. 

I like both shows just because of trying to guess who it is. I know I said it earlier but I'm sure we'll see a lot of TMS "rejects" on this show. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • LOL 1

Unlike last week, I got the first two easily.  Carrie Underwood is from Oklahoma and Kelly Clarkson is from Texas, so when they showed the Georgia peach I knew it had to be Lauren Alaina.  And c'mon, they showed Candace Cameron Bure's BROTHER as a clue! (Btw, her cousin sounded A LOT better than her...)

On 1/10/2024 at 10:15 PM, kathyk2 said:

Lola was amazing she needs to have a record deal. I recognized Carnie Wilson as soon as she started to sing.

I knew it was carnie Wilson but had no idea her daughter was a singer.  She does have a very pretty, sweet voice 

• Like 2
On 1/15/2024 at 8:48 AM, HerkyJerky said:

they showed Candace Cameron Bure's BROTHER as a clue! (Btw, her cousin sounded A LOT better than her...)

Yes, he does, but Candace is not claiming to be a singer last time I checked.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Onward to tonight...............

I don't know how, but I also immediately  knew that it was Debbie Gibson before the songs (and clues) started.  His comment about "Dreams", Anthony's mom question, and hey wait, is that Debbie Gibson's hat on top of his head????

I loved that one clue that referenced that silly movie (about five or six years before "Sharknado") in which Debbie and Tiffany were running away from a giant mutant snake and a giant mutant crocodile.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

Yes, he does, but Candace is not claiming to be a singer last time I checked.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Onward to tonight...............

I don't know how, but I also immediately  knew that it was Debbie Gibson before the songs (and clues) started.  His comment about "Dreams", Anthony's mom question, and hey wait, is that Debbie Gibson's hat on top of his head????

I loved that one clue that referenced that silly movie (about five or six years before "Sharknado") in which Debbie and Tiffany were running away from a giant mutant snake and a giant mutant crocodile.

I knew it was Debbie when she started sing. Also the top ponytail she wears. I could see it when she was inside the globe.

What was the Keanu Reeves clue for the first singer, Mary? 

I didn't guess Pat Monahan at first. Then I saw the train with "Virginia" on it and thought it could be him. I cheated and googled him and saw he has a son named Rock. 

As soon as I saw Anthony Anderson's mother on the show I changed channels.  I don't understand why she's on the show.  That's why I didn't watch To Tell The Truth, because of her.  She brings nothiiiiiing to any of the shows!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, rr2911 said:

As soon as I saw Anthony Anderson's mother on the show I changed channels.  I don't understand why she's on the show.  That's why I didn't watch To Tell The Truth, because of her.  She brings nothiiiiiing to any of the shows!

He seems incapable of making a show without her. She was part of the Emmys that he hosted. It was...not good.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, helpmerhonda said:

He seems incapable of making a show without her. She was part of the Emmys that he hosted. It was...not good.

Maybe they're a package deal :D

I knew it was Pat as soon as he started singing and I saw his silhouette but I couldn’t think of his name even with the Patrick clue! I had to pause the show for a minute and then it finally came to me. I’m not sure I would have gotten it in time if I was on the show. I knew the others were a football player and a real housewife, but I don’t watch either so I was clueless there. 

I normally fast forward through most of the filler stuff, so Anthony’s mom doesn’t bother me too much. She’s unneeded, but she doesn’t seem to have that big of a role on this show compared to some of his other shows. 

Tamar Braxton couldn't get another relative to appear other than her brother who I immediately recognized because I watched Braxton Family Values and he was a frequent guest.   The minute Michael came out I knew it was either Toni or Tamar.

I knew Debbie Gibson once she started singing and it was solidified by the boxing glove over Tiffany that appeared as a clue since Tiffany and Debbie were labeled as rivals in the 80s.

I was torn between Tiffany Haddish, Luenell, or Sommore.   The family member saying "a trip" at the beginning alluded to Girls Trip movie that Haddish starred in.

11 hours ago, Meedis said:

her brother who I immediately recognized because I watched Braxton Family Values

I recognized him too, but that didn't bother me. I like the fact that we can actually guess (correctly) who the relative is, unlike the Masked Singer. 

I view this show as light-hearted play-along, not so serious show. Other than the sports figures, I've been able to feel very smart 🤣

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I recognized him too, but that didn't bother me. I like the fact that we can actually guess (correctly) who the relative is, unlike the Masked Singer. 

I view this show as light-hearted play-along, not so serious show. Other than the sports figures, I've been able to feel very smart 🤣

Heh that's very true Soapy Goddess.   I will say I felt smart this week, not so much last week's show... LOL

• Like 1

The contestants were certainly thrilled to see him. Probably one of the most heartwarming segments on any gameshow recently. And I'm sure "Peter Frampton covering 'Black Hole Sun'" wasn't on anyone's musician Bingo Cards. :) 

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

Was I the only one who was thrilled to see Peter Frampton?

I enjoyed seeing him as well...but maybe not as much as the contestant who scored his guitar pick 😉  His son is a pretty good singer himself. 

• Like 1
On 2/5/2024 at 3:36 PM, kathyk2 said:

Was I the only one who was thrilled to see Peter Frampton?

I was very happy to see him. I've been a fan of his since I was 15 and saw him in concert in 1977. I wonder if they'll get any other big stars like him in the future.

(edited)
On 2/5/2024 at 6:10 PM, Taeolas said:

And I'm sure "Peter Frampton covering 'Black Hole Sun'" wasn't on anyone's musician Bingo Cards. :) 

This is a fun show to watch.   I still like it a lot more than Masked Singer,

I like that there are more "reveals", and I'm sure the celebs prefer being on this show, where they get to sing with a relative, and just hide for a few minutes inside a sphere instead of being inside a stuffy, hot costume.

Edited by Twilight Man

Kayla had a lovely voice. I really didn't need to hear Sarah Palin sing she was already on the Masked Singer. There will a two hour long episode om the 28th. I hope it gets renewed for another season.

4 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I hope it gets renewed for another season.

I enjoy this show much than the Masked Singer. None of that phony "who is that?" by the panel every single time, as if we don't know the premise of the show. Anyway, hopefully We Are Family gets renewed soon.

On 2/18/2024 at 1:38 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

I enjoy this show much than the Masked Singer. None of that phony "who is that?" by the panel every single time, as if we don't know the premise of the show. Anyway, hopefully We Are Family gets renewed soon.

It's annoying when the players are leaning in when the famous celebrity comes out of the sphere.

I have enjoyed this show and am hoping for its renewal. I’m much older than the group of contestants and often have no clue with the younger artists. But I spotted Cam Newton the minute he was shown in silhouette. No clues needed!

They saved the best for last. Egypt and McKenzie were great. I don't know why Mama Doris is there if Anthony Edwards isn't. I don't know why people are guessing Mr. T he's seventy and doesn't have kids.

On a WAF Facebook page they thought Anthony might be the last mystery relative. Others though he might have Covid. I know it happened to Nick Cannon on TMS and Niecey Nash had to fill in for him on a few episodes.

I have to say I was kind of disappointed in both episodes but will continue to watch if another season comes along. 

• Like 1