Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 12/11/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Dec. 11 – “The View” celebrates iconic television series “Taxi,” welcoming stars Danny DeVito, Judd Hirsch, Carol Kane, Tony Danza Marilu Henner and Christopher Lloyd for an exclusive reunion marking 45 years since the beloved series premiered; “12 Days of Holidays”

Tuesday, Dec. 12 – Billy Porter (album, “Black Mona Lisa”); “12 Days of Holidays”

Wednesday, Dec. 13 – The cast of “The Color Purple,” including Fantasia Barrino, Danielle Brooks, Taraji P. Henson and director Blitz Bazawule; Hot Holiday Toys with Elizabeth Werner; “12 Days of Holidays”

Thursday, Dec. 14 – Tracee Ellis Ross (“Candy Cane Lane”; “America Fiction”); “12 Days of Holidays”

Friday, Dec. 15 – Jessica Chastain and Peter Sarsgaard (“Memory”); “The View” continues a holiday tradition with legendary GRAMMY® Award winner Darlene Love joined by Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul to perform “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home”; “12 Days of Holidays” concludes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Must be engagement season.  Yvette Nicole Brown announced her engagement on the show today.   

Today is actually the day my husband proposed to me fifteen years ago.  So yeah, I guess tis the season!  LOL.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

can Sarah kiss Whoopi’s behind any harder?

Last week she fawned all over her for repeating her famous line from “Ghost”.

(hugging her and cheering like she doesn’t sit next to her everyday)

Today she mentioned her bragged about her resume. 
Over the years, Ive gone back and forth about Sarah.  At first she seems so sweet and sincere. Lately she seems phony.

• Like 6

I'm usually not a fan of the garage sales at the end of the show, but I enjoyed today's toy segment.  From Alyssa and Sunny it the bubble ball suits to Whoopi and Sarah recreating the Ghost scene with the pottery wheel.  Thoroughly entertained and the ladies looked like they had a ball 😃

• Like 5
7 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

can Sarah kiss Whoopi’s behind any harder?

Last week she fawned all over her for repeating her famous line from “Ghost”.

(hugging her and cheering like she doesn’t sit next to her everyday)

Today she mentioned her bragged about her resume. 
Over the years, Ive gone back and forth about Sarah.  At first she seems so sweet and sincere. Lately she seems phony.

I love Sara but Yes, the Whoopi-love is getting outta hand!

And as if Sara wasn't enough, everyone - guests and audience - gave Whoopi a standing ovation today. Oh, brother!

• Like 6
53 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

LOVE the shade Ana is throwing Meghan McCain's way!😁

If you ever listen to the after the show podcasts they pretty much on a daily basis throw shade at MM. They don't mention her name but they talk about how things weren't always pleasant at the table.  How there was tension.  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

So today we got to hear how Whoopi changed Tracy Ellis Ross' life and how she's such a pivotal part of Tracy's life. 🙄

the show's main purpose is to laud whoopi, so, yup, that's what we got

• Like 3

Darlene Love today?  Is this the last live show before the Christmas break?  I know they've been double taping to get extra shows in the can so they don't have to show reruns, but I would have thought they'd save Darlene's performance to be closer to Christmas.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Darlene Love today?  Is this the last live show before the Christmas break?  I know they've been double taping to get extra shows in the can so they don't have to show reruns, but I would have thought they'd save Darlene's performance to be closer to Christmas.

Pretty sure this is the last show of the year.  Schools got out this week and people are starting to travel for the holidays, so most shows are wrapping it up this week.

I was surprised it wasn't Cher during the surprise duet this year with Darlene since they did a duet on Cher's Christmas CD.

That song is so fun.

And Meghan McCain causing tension on the show?  I don't believe that...she's such a ray of sunshine and all lol

• LOL 2

I have to say, I find the Whoopi hate really weird, and it seems to have amped up here since MyFather left. She’s had her moments of annoyance (I’m glad she KIND OF pulled back on the visibly bored attitude when talking about topics she wasn’t interested in), you can’t deny her accomplishments. She’s the first Black EGOT, has been a part of tons of amazing movies, Broadway shows, productions, has had a long successful A-list career, and has done it all while being an outspoken, unapologetic, dark skinned Black woman with loc’d hair and “un-Hollywood” looks. Why shouldn’t that be acknowledged? Especially with so many Hollywood people in her age bracket that we’ve watched for decades passing away. And she still seems humbled by it all and not fishing for it. She looked moved to tears by Tracie’s words and the standing ovation from TCP cast. TCP especially because it feels like she’s been left out of the conversation and promo for the movie (I have my thoughts for the reasoning behind that, but it might be off topic). Which is wild because she played the lead role and it was her breakout performance. Give people their flowers while they’re alive, is all I’m saying.

Also, as much as she deserves the vitriol, side-mentioning MyFather is weird at this point too. Yes she’s an awful person, and was awful while she was there, but she’s long gone and I think Alyssa is doing a great job and actually has the experience to speak on politics.

Jessica Chastain is so stunningly beautiful you almost have to look the other way. I loved what she had to say about the Robin Williams scholarship. I really love hearing “coming up” stories in general, and hearing about people who paid their dues and worked on their craft. It’s refreshing in a world where you just seem to get famous for existing or being flat out ridiculous.

The Christmas show is always my favorite. It really seems like a time where they’re all having fun. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
16 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

I have to say, I find the Whoopi hate really weird, and it seems to have amped up here since MyFather left. She’s had her moments of annoyance (I’m glad she KIND OF pulled back on the visibly bored attitude when talking about topics she wasn’t interested in), you can’t deny her accomplishments.

I don't think anyone begrudges Whoopi's accomplishments. I think it's more about her "my way or the highway" attitude. Especially when she rolls her eyes at topics that SHE feels are beneath her highness. It's tedious at best.

Many of us remember the good old days with Meredith at the helm. She did anything and everything to make ALL hot topics fun and interesting!

And yes, I get that The View has basically turned into a political show, but every once in a while it's nice to throw in a bit of pop culture which can also have its own controversial topics... and therefore up for discussion.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I don't think anyone begrudges Whoopi's accomplishments. I think it's more about her "my way or the highway" attitude. Especially when she rolls her eyes at topics that SHE feels are beneath her highness. It's tedious at best.

That's a fair critique.  

But what I also see, is a lot of hate when guests/cohosts make references to her career or mention how much her work has meant to them personally or professionally.   

Whoopi isn't fishing for this, and usually looks humbled or uncomfortable about.  It.   Whoopi has had a legendary career.   And I'm glad to see people giving her her flowers now.   

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

That's a fair critique.  

But what I also see, is a lot of hate when guests/cohosts make references to her career or mention how much her work has meant to them personally or professionally.   

Whoopi isn't fishing for this, and usually looks humbled or uncomfortable about.  It.   Whoopi has had a legendary career.   And I'm glad to see people giving her her flowers now.   

as one of the ones that comment on it, i don't feel hate at all but it seems like she expects to be lauded and guests are sometimes chosen for that reason and that's annoying.  i don't see her acting humbled, i see her enjoying the praise as if it is due her.  but that's only my opinion

• Like 2