Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Harry Potter Night

• Start Topic

I thought the Sea Queen was absolutely awful. She should have been in the bottom 2, and the fact that Tiki was just shows how bogus this show is. His was the best performance of the night by far.

I only watch this show to take my mind off reality for an hour, I know nothing about Harry Potter so a lot of what they were talking about was meaningless to me.

• Like 7

I don't know a single biographical fact about her but that's 

Spoiler

Macy Gray's

voice, right? It's very distinctive. At moments I think she sounds amazing and at others, just awful. It's a memorable voice and she's clearly got a strong musicality but I totally get that her voice won't be for everyone.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure the Sea Queen said she was a "triple threat" and mentioned doing comedy, which wouldn't really fit with Macy Gray. I thought Tiffany Haddish when she said she was going on tour (I think Haddish is about to go on a comedy tour with Lil Rel Howery), but she's not really known for singing. 

• Fire 1

I don't really understand the Harry Potter theme... there are no songs in Harry Potter.  I guess it's just another loose theme where all the songs are supposed to have some mention of magic or something?  Like the Space theme.  I thought it was stupid and completely random.

5 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I have no idea who Tyler Posey is. I may have heard the name once or twice. 

I have never watched Teen Wolf but I vaguely recognise the name as the guy who was on Teen Wolf.  But until "Superman and Lois" started airing, I think I was confusing this guy with Tyler Hoechlin constantly.  They were the same person to me.  Whoever he is, he can actually sing, which was a nice surprise.  This is the kind of person who should be on Masked Singer... someone known for something else and not singing, but who can actually sing.

2 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

I'm pretty sure the Sea Queen said she was a "triple threat" and mentioned doing comedy, which wouldn't really fit with Macy Gray. I thought Tiffany Haddish when she said she was going on tour (I think Haddish is about to go on a comedy tour with Lil Rel Howery), but she's not really known for singing. 

Voice sounds husky and smoky like Macy Gray.  But my thought was that I badly want her to be the legendary Dame Shirley Bassey.  I have no idea why Shirley Bassey would do this show, she's in her mid 80s but I think she is still making singing appearances and there are rumours of a new album or a tour coming soon.

I don't think this is Tiffany Haddish, tone seems different.  She's not known for singing but she did sing the amazing song "Not Me" in "Lego Movie 2".  I think Tiffany is amazing in everything she does, I would love to see her on this show one day!

I'm pretty sure Sea Queen is Macy Gray.  When she started I wasn't sure but towards the middle and end I knew it was her.

I don't know how Tiki wound up in the bottom two because what does the audience see in Husky?  I wasn't watching this all the way through so after Sea Queen I turned it off because I figured Hawk and Husky would be in the bottom.  I turned back just in time to be wrong about that.

Also, while I can see how some of the songs might fall under the realm of "magic" how on earth does Super Freak qualify?

I hadn't thought about Sea Queen being Macy Gray but the body type is consistent. I also thought it could be Shirley Bassey, but why would she do this show? The person in that costume sounded like she was having trouble with dentures or maybe the mask. I was shocked she wasn't in the bottom two.

At times Husky sounds like LL Cool J, but why would he do this show?

Never heard of Tyler Posey, but he handled himself well.

To bolster my belief that it might be Haddish, I just saw her on Jimmy Kimmel and she was promoting a new song she made with Lil' Jon called "Til The Club Close". Plus also talking about her upcoming standup tour!

It may not be her, though. Someone guessed Jenifer Lewis, which is not a bad guess, since she's an actress, singer, and has done comedy (on "Black-ish"). Two Black-Ish cast members in one season though?

the "Harry Potter" theme night is basically a way to do a Hallowe'en themed episode without actually being Hallowe'en themed. All the songs picked were magic based. It also ties into some branding and marketing of sorts, tying into Universal Park's Potter world. (The branding would have been stronger if this was an NBC show). I'm pretty sure the Sorting Hat is a feature of the parks. 

I'm pretty sure the reveal was preplanned too. Having someone most known for playing a Werewolf revealed on what is basically the Hallowe'en ep seems very coincidental. The only way it could have been more obvious is if he had sung Werewolves of London, or Clap for the Wolfman. (The former would still have fit the Potter theme too)

• Like 4

I didn't get what Super Freak had to do with magic either.   Definitely a weird night.

The top two and bottom two were definitely flipped.   No way Hawk and Tiki belonged in the bottom in that group.   Definitely pre-planned hijinx, but then Tyler mentioned being hurt not going farther so I wonder how in on the planning all the celebrities are.

Robin's Too Cool for School attitude really bugs.   I can see them approaching him about a Harry Potter costume and him shutting them down fast. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Maverick said:

I didn't get what Super Freak had to do with magic either.   Definitely a weird night.

The top two and bottom two were definitely flipped.   No way Hawk and Tiki belonged in the bottom in that group.   Definitely pre-planned hijinx, but then Tyler mentioned being hurt not going farther so I wonder how in on the planning all the celebrities are.

Robin's Too Cool for School attitude really bugs.   I can see them approaching him about a Harry Potter costume and him shutting them down fast. 

Robin's Sirius Black was weak, he was pretty much in normal clothes.  They should have forced him to be Hagrid.  Or why not have him be Dumbledore?  Jenny was a bad Dumbledore.  Jenny would have been naturally suited to Fleur de la Cour.  Or maybe McGonagall.

13 hours ago, Maverick said:

This. He doesn’t look cool; he looks like a jackass. I get not wanting to go as far as Jenny or Ken but robes or a quidditch uniform would have worked. 

• Like 2