Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Quarterfinal #4: Steven Weber, Shane Battier and Melissa Fumero

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, chicagofan said:

Am liking this group so far - they're enjoying themselves without being over the top.

lol...great minds think alike. The thread wasn't up yet so I started writing a comment in notepad [it's past tense because I was assuming I'd post after the game was over], and it started with:

I enjoyed tonight’s game; the players were having fun but not over the top (well, Melissa had a few moments but mostly they were good).

Young Steven Weber on celeb J! (I love the call of mourning doves). I love how he got into the Respond Like a Pirate category. 😄 That was fun. He made some gutsy wagers. I'm impressed.

I liked Melissa's green top.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I liked Melissa's green top.

Couldn't find a hi-res picture, but I'm pretty sure those were doggies on it.

image.png.55adf702ddafcea8ce3e571ff5e4bda5.png

I too enjoyed all of the players, but Steven Webber slightly surprised me by being such a nice guy since I've seen him play some evil characters.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Couldn't find a hi-res picture, but I'm pretty sure those were doggies on it.

I thought so, too, but I wasn't sure.

Hey, I found it! It is doggies! It's from Anthropoligie (it comes up on their website but only in black and is no longer available).

image.png.82ffb0b0d4be198639ca41759254aedd.png

17 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I too enjoyed all of the players, but Steven Webber slightly surprised me by being such a nice guy since I've seen him play some evil characters.

I know he's been in a ton of stuff but I mostly think of him in Wings.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Could Final Jeopardy BE any easier???

That's what I thought.  And I think that's why Steven Weber got his third DJ wrong, because the correct answer was so obvious he thought it must be wrong.  (Am I making any sense here?  Between cross-pollinating conversations in threads and long Covid brain fog I'm a bit fuzzy.  Good job I don't drink, or none of you would understand anything I type.)  Carry on.

5 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I thought so, too, but I wasn't sure.

Hey, I found it! It is doggies! It's from Anthropoligie (it comes up on their website but only in black and is no longer available).

image.png.82ffb0b0d4be198639ca41759254aedd.png

I know he's been in a ton of stuff but I mostly think of him in Wings.

She was a bit annoying but kind of funny too.

He was very good as sleazy Mayor Hamilton in NCIS: New Orleans before, or maybe while, the the show started going off track.

I don't know the other guy but I will always encourage educated/educating athletes.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

Can anyone explain why this isn't a sub-thread of the main J! thread instead of hidden away in a place I may never find again?

If I recall correctly, it got started as a separate forum last season and they couldn't change it for some reason. It should probably have been done as a subforum under Jeopardy but I think they couldn't move it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Can anyone explain why this isn't a sub-thread of the main J! thread instead of hidden away in a place I may never find again?

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

If I recall correctly, it got started as a separate forum last season and they couldn't change it for some reason. It should probably have been done as a subforum under Jeopardy but I think they couldn't move it.

An advantage of having Celebrity Jeopardy be a separate forum is that each episode is a separate thread.
Of course, milage will vary as to weather that advantage is a disadvantage.teddy.png

A couple of years ago when the board runners encouraged us to set up Streams, I did so. However, it was a bit of a technical challenge to set up a Stream, so I don't think many use them.
Anyhoo, I followed the Celebrity Jeopardy! forum, so it shows up in my stream
— except when it doesn't (because nobody started a thread). 
So I started this one
— which is an example of when having its own forum of threads is not necessarily an advantage, as it requires human intervention to generate new threads.🙃

Edited by shapeshifter
linked how "to set up a Stream"
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

However, it was a bit of a technical challenge to set up a Stream, so I don't think many use them.

I don't even know what that means... (I see it in the account options, though).

I generally just have the regular Jeopardy season thread open in a Chrome tab all the time, since I check it pretty much every day; for other shows I'll keep the episode thread open for a few days or until the conversation peters out. When I click on Forums it just shows me "Your Shows" so I see all the ones I follow and it's easy to find what I want (not sure if that's a specific setting or just a cookies-remembering-me thing). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ancaster said:

This is a separate new show so under forum guidelines, we needed a full forum with the episode threads. The forums aren't creating subforums anymore so it can't be moved.

The Jeopardy! main forum is unique because we have a season's long thread while other show forums would have episode or weekly threads. Having long threads is not really user friendly but I think for our group over in Jeopardy, it works. 

You can follow this forum using the Follow button on the main show page. 82 posters are following it now and it'll show up on your customized main forum page or send you notifications when new threads are posted.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Athena said:

Having long threads is not really user friendly but I think for our group over in Jeopardy, it works

I think because J! is five days a week it makes more sense than having a separate thread for each episode. I mean, how would you label the episodes with three random people featured? And the dates wouldn't help much either if I was looking for a particular game thread. With the celebs at least people will recognize the names. (Well, in general. I didn't know the basketball player last night. I remember a lot of "who the heck is that?" comments last season.)

• Applause 1
4 hours ago, Ancaster said:

In addition to the points everyone else has already made, this is consistent with other shows that have a "regular" syndicated version, and a network "celebrity" version like Wheel of Fortune and Family Feud.

And as for being hidden - if you "follow" it (the main forum, not the individual show threads), it will show up on your home page (and the title will be in bold if there are posts you haven't read).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I would not have recognized Steven if they hadn't shown his appearance with Alex.

Fun show.

He definitely hasn't aged as well as Tim Daly has.  Still love him, though.  I recognized him because I've seen him in a few things more recently.

Melissa was a good sport about being clearly the worst at knowledge and/or the buzzer.

I know Celebrity Jeopardy has notoriously easier clues, but Steven and the basketball player were pretty impressive, nonetheless!

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Athena said:

82 posters are following it now

Just curious: 
On the outside chance that the Celebrity Jeopardy! board was closed and then a separate thread for Celebrity Jeopardy! was started in the Jeopardy! board, would it be possible to migrate the 82 followers to the new thread? 

Another, equally unimportant question: 

18 hours ago, chessiegal said:

would not have recognized Steven if they hadn't shown his appearance with Alex.

Would you have recognized Steven Weber if they'd introduced him as "aka Brian Hackett on the 1990s television series Wings"?

11 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Just curious: 
On the outside chance that the Celebrity Jeopardy! board was closed and then a separate thread for Celebrity Jeopardy! was started in the Jeopardy! board, would it be possible to migrate the 82 followers to the new thread?

Probably not. If this show forum were closed, we'd have to start a new thread so the followers will have to follow that one.

• Useful 1

I thought it was funny that Melissa’s character Amy on Brooklyn 99 is so smart and competitive, but then Melissa didn’t do so great here. Amy would’ve been so mad! 🤣

I’ve always liked Steven Weber, he seems like a nice guy. 

• Like 5

I thought it was funny that Melissa’s character Amy on Brooklyn 99 is so smart and competitive, but then Melissa didn’t do so great here. Amy would’ve been so mad!

I was thinking the same thing! I loved the delightfully anally-retentive Amy Santiago, she would have been so ready for Jeopardy! Think of all the binders she'd prepare!

Could FJ have been any easier? And the category 'Planets', that showed PICTURES of the planets 😄

13 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

And the category 'Planets', that showed PICTURES of the planets 😄

Didn't they all manage to miss Venus with this $200 clue in DJ?

• This planet is often called Earth's evil twin because it's similar in size & density, but it's a hot toxic mess

Probably should've been a $1000 clue for Celebrity J!