Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E23: Resurrection Rumble Part 1

Dustbunny
Message added by Dustbunny,

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

I haven't been watching most of the pre-taped episodes this season, and this episode is a good demonstration of why:

Something something, cut to Cirie. Something something, cut to Cirie. Something something, cut to Cirie. Something something, cut to Cirie.

The show isn't even pretending the whole season doesn't revolve around Cirie. There are other people in the house but their appearances in these episodes feel perfunctory and obligatory, and we only hear from a handful of them. Every reaction shot, every diary room this episode was in reaction to Jared and, by proxy, Cirie. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 12

Jared remains completely aggravating. His behavior is awful, particularly how he treats Blue. I'm no Cam fan, but am definitely rooting for him to come back.

The Cirie/Felicia fight was interesting. I mean, sure, Felicia lied about her final two with Jared, but she was right to be pissed off about how betrayed Jared and Cirie acted after she voted out Jared. They LITERALLY just were trying to get her out.

Loved America's face as she reacted to the fight, though.

• Like 14

No joke-I had to force myself to watch this and just now 24 hours after it aired. It's just so disheartening to know everything that went down the past week is going to be erased in a desperate attempt by Grodner and crew to ressurect Cirie's game.

And what a treat it was. I guarantee Jared is emotionally manipulative to his women in real life like he was with Blue. It's disturbing.

Diary rooms during competitions have to go. I can already predict who won based on Jared and Cirie's demeanors as well as Cam's elevated on in his DR starting with the very first one for the comp. It couldn't be more clear what the outcome is going to be.

Only good part was watching the alliance going at each other like some sort of anti-cookout.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Skooma said:

Actually [Cirie] is probably in the top 3 or 4 as an iconic Survivor

Depends on your definition of “iconic”.

1 hour ago, Skooma said:

and certainly well liked from there.

Now let’s not go overboard….  😄

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

This may have been the most boring cliffhanger in years. Remember that this isn't the Return comp itself, but rather a pre-comp to determine which houseguest runs the (presumably timed) Return comp himself. Jared will want to do it himself if he has the chance, and Cameron, depending on what the comp is, may also opt to let Jared try it and hope he fails*. So this pre-comp may be totally meaningless.

Gamewise, Cameron is handling things much better than Jared. Both were voted out unanimously or near-unanimously. Cameron (obviously the smarter of the two) understands he has to try to mend fences, while Jared is just stewing about how he was done dirty and generally being unpleasant. Even if Jared wins, Cirie's running interference for him may not be enough to keep him around.

*I would assume the pre-comp winner will be shown the actual Return comp itself and told what the time limit is. Otherwise, their "choice" would be completely meaningless, as they would have no way of knowing which decision would be more advantageous.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I can not emphasize enough how much Jared annoys me.  The way he turns everything on Blue....as if she doesn't have a right to try to win for herself. Cam may be a creep but it's not hidden.  Jared is a manipulative misogynist mamma's boy and I'm so ready for this "great twist" to be over.  and for heaven's sake is no one wondering why Cirie is cheering him on so enthusiastically, giving him verbal encouragement, and who reacted so strongly to find out he's coming back?

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

I can not emphasize enough how much Jared annoys me.  The way he turns everything on Blue....as if she doesn't have a right to try to win for herself. Cam may be a creep but it's not hidden.  Jared is a manipulative misogynist mamma's boy and I'm so ready for this "great twist" to be over.  and for heaven's sake is no one wondering why Cirie is cheering him on so enthusiastically, giving him verbal encouragement, and who reacted so strongly to find out he's coming back?

I've noticed the last few episodes, when something happens with Jared the camera swings over to get Cirie's over-the-top reaction and that is shown. Almost like the people in charge WANT the TV audience to be upset about the unfairness.  Maybe I've been misreading the whole thing, and the fix is not in for Cirie and Jared. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

and for heaven's sake is no one wondering why Cirie is cheering him on so enthusiastically, giving him verbal encouragement, and who reacted so strongly to find out he's coming back?

THIS!!!  I kept saying last night, "Why aren't they all wondering why Cirie is defending Jared to the bitter end?"  I find it odd that they aren't questioning why she hitched her wagon to his with super-glue, and she won't even consider/discuss any other options.  Do they all not see the undying commitment that Cirie and Jared seem to have for each other?  Just the way she cackled as she read the Scaryverse transmission which announced that Jared and Cam were coming back into the house.  It was like she was throwing it in the faces of the rest of the house that their plan didn't work.  That, in and of itself, should tell them something.  

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2

I enjoy seeing Queen Cirie's game go to shit, even if it means we have to endure her "paw-paw-PAW Suh-Wee feels so all a-WOAN!" DRs.  It just sucks that unless she follows Jared out the door next week, she makes Jury and probably slides a bit farther.

19 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Only good part was watching the alliance going at each other like some sort of anti-cookout.

NGL, since IMO Grodner made racial politics an explicit part of the game two seasons ago, I've been worrying that some of the fandom is bemoaning the current house split as "those evil RACIST White People are ganging up on Cirie and her friends, just because they're black!"  (Never mind that the "white" "alliance" includes a Latina, a Korean-American, and a Sikh…)

Whereas IMO the reason Cirie's group lacks diversity is that Grodner preselected her closest allies (her son and the other "older woman" in the house*) to be black as well, leading to this result.

(*-in fact, at age 53, Cirie is closer to Bowie Jane [45] than to Felicia [63], but I'm still rather certain that Felicia is the one cast to ally with Cirie.)

At the moment, 1/8 of the US population is being represented by 4/11 of the cast, yet I still have to worry that the HGs' possible fear of being attacked for being a "white oppressor" may keep them from giving Cirie the boot I've been itching to for her to get since Night 1. 

Thanks, Grodner!  JMGrrrrrr.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Like 4