Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Vows, Vendettas and Vibrators

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What in the world does Pat see in Madison that she took her on as a project? Something of herself maybe? Madison is low rent and trashy. 

Exactly what I was wondering - why is Pat so invested in Madison?  Pat is seemingly so proper and Madison is just so crude and aggressive.

• Like 7

I thought  Shep seemed  different,  not sure how( yet) Taylor when she drinks too much, is so stupid. She had no reason  to yell at Craig, as he said, he didn't  cheat on her. I'll watch episode 2 then decide. I like Madison  husband, he's no Austin,  thank god.

• Like 3

Ugh--Austen has always been THE MOST boring and useless person in the universe to me, and I actually think of him as asexual. I 100% believe that he manufactures these stupid pointless hookups just for the show. I couldn't care less whom he's pretending to hump to try to stay relevant on this show. 🤮

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I still love the show, but...

1.  Leva - I detest her.  She is neither southern nor charming.  I think they are trying to make her the "peer leader" that Camryn was.  That's not gonna happen.  She's too bossy; too New York.  

2.  Sober Taylor is the true Taylor, I believe.  I think production told her she had to keep up some Shep-related drama to keep her position, and she has to get drunk to do it.  The girl sold her soul.......

3.  Paige bores me.  She clearly doesn't like Craig.  Why is she there?

4.  Patricia - does she have any connection to any one any more?  I mean I love that she brings real Charleston to the show, but I don't think she is into it anymore.  I know she is Whitney's mom, but maybe one of her friends should replace her.

5.  I know many Sheps.  Someday he will look in the mirror and ask himself if his "lifestyle" was worth losing the sweet, fresh Taylor.  He has read his own PR for too long.  He is unattractive (though he has kept his body in better shape than A&C), worn-out and aging.  Taylor would love to be part of his life if he would just stop with playboy act.

• Like 6
On 9/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, applewood said:

I think the show has run its course. When the show started a lot of the cast were fairly young, except for Thomas and Whitney. Shep was like in his early thirties. Kathryn was only 21! Most of the other were still in their twenties.

Now these guys just look pathetic. Shep is now 43. Austin looks like he's on his way to be another Shep. He's pushing 40 himself.

BTW, I don't know if it's been posted here but Chelsea is having a baby, due this month. Don't now who the father is.

I remember she had a boyfriend who was a fisherman and they showed them on a boat.  Maybe he’s the one.  I’m happy for her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/16/2023 at 12:51 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Hope there were no pedestrians.

It was "into the creek" which I assume was on the other side of the fence.  So...eaten by fish which are then caught and eaten by the bros?  That would explain a lot.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 9/14/2023 at 10:01 PM, Emmeline said:

That dress Madison wore to her party was bizarre.  The top was okay but structure of the bottom half was just weird and way too short.

It looked like one of those Project Runway unconventional materials challenge dresses.  The bottom of the dress looked like it was made from a plastic laundry basket.  It didn't do anything for her figure at all.  

• Wink 1
On 9/15/2023 at 4:48 PM, slowpoked said:

The 8 days "off" is probably when he does paperwork, so that's why he can stay in Charleston. I would think all paperwork can be done remotely by now.

I used to date a fireman and their hours are different than regular jobs because they are at the firehouse night and day when they are working.  Where most people work 8 hour shifts, firemen work 24 hours a day so 3 days is 72 hours that they are working straight. And my guy was salaried so his pay wasn't based on hours worked.

Edited by swankie
Added another thought.
  • Useful 1
On 9/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, Jobiska said:

It was "into the creek" which I assume was on the other side of the fence.  So...eaten by fish which are then caught and eaten by the bros?  That would explain a lot.

Yeah just sometimes there are footpaths along waterways.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:43 PM, swankie said:

It looked like one of those Project Runway unconventional materials challenge dresses.  The bottom of the dress looked like it was made from a plastic laundry basket.  It didn't do anything for her figure at all.  

I also thought it was pretty understated for Madison. She’s usually more of a Center of Attention type. The long gold dress her friend was wearing seemed much more like Madison’s style. Maybe Madison is trying to seem more demure for her in-laws?

• Like 1
On 9/15/2023 at 9:23 AM, ZettaK said:

Yes, filming started in the fall before this season. I also wonder if Bravo initially considered canceling the show.  

I think filming is usually started in early fall and wrapped by spring because it's SO hot and humid in Charleston during the other seasons. After the initial shutdowns of Covid I think they filmed a season in summer and everyone at the outdoor parties was clearly hot and sweaty = miserable. Who wants to dress up in full makeup with hot lights needed for filming in what is already 90º and 80% humidity? The crew probably hated it, too.  

On 9/15/2023 at 3:36 PM, applewood said:

I agree with the others who said they miss Cameron and Naomie. The show is not the same.

I really miss Cameran although her choice to leave the show was clearly a wise one. Still wish she'd return for a season and help to remake the show. I'd love to see more parties at Patricia's (as long as they don't go completely off the rails with drunken fights). I really enjoy her convos with Whitney. It would be such a relief to get away from the focus being on the Terrible Trio of Shep, Craig, and Austen. They don't change, they just get older and more bloated and keep dating girls in their mid 20s.

On 9/16/2023 at 8:01 AM, kristen111 said:

What a mish/mosh of a show.  I want to know much more of Madison’s new husband.  Will they be on all the time?   I miss Katherine, Cameron and Patricia.  Shep is a mess.  Taylor went off the rails.  I loved this show, but it’s looks weird now.  Will Madison and husband live in Charleston now and be part of the show?  

What’s the matter with Madison’s bottom lip?  One side bigger than the other.

I agree. The most interesting characters are now off the show and the age 20-something "girlfriends of..." aren't interesting. Took me the whole episode to learn how to see the difference between Olivia and Taylor.

Madison has always had what I once meanly called a "crooked mouth". Her lip injections minimize it somewhat but that and maybe other botox or something also has altered her looks, and I don't think for the better. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 3