Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: I Have No Bones Yet I Must Flee

• Start Topic

One of my very early concerns about the show was that due it being an animated series it wouldn't feel the need to promote Boimler, Rutherford, Tendi or Mariner and they would essentially stay ensigns forever.   I am glad the show has decided to promote them for better and worse.    It is actually working for all the characters watching them grow as people.  Rutherford has always just lucked into what he wanted and never had to ask for it...so having Tendi ask for a promotion he has long ago deserved was a nice moment.  Boimler going crazy being in a room by himself was fun to watch.  But it was Mariner actually trying to accept the fact that maybe it is time she accept a promotion and that Ransom isn't actually out to get her was a nice moment.  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Finally Rutherford was also promoted.

Comeon, Boimler didn't realize he can lower the drapes??  

Mariner and Ransom were super funny.

So who let out the Moopy?

The human exhibit let the moopie out to kiĺl the caretaker. They wanted to take over the exhibits because they were successful. 

Boimer's past experiences had oversensitized him. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Affogato said:

The human exhibit let the moopie out to kiĺl the caretaker. They wanted to take over the exhibits because they were successful. 

Boimer's past experiences had overse him. 

Thanks. They kept saying humans but i was a bit confused if it was the humans in the exhibit or the ensign.  He looked guilty. LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Oh yeah meant to bring up the opening with the Romulans.    That was actually hilarious.  And the potential new threat actually looks kinda cool.  

I was thinking about all the Star Trek Aliens that can be brought in before the Cerritos has to get the big bad and this is the perfect time to bring in The Orions and Tendi’s family 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Oh yeah meant to bring up the opening with the Romulans.    That was actually hilarious.  And the potential new threat actually looks kinda cool.  

I enjoyed seeing the romulan (and Klingon) lower decks. I hope they riff on this theme.

Does the unknown threat look like something I'm not recognizing, like a game controller? Cause it looks vaguely familiar to me..

19 hours ago, marinw said:

The title must be a reference to the delightfully titled  "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" by Harlan Ellison

They should have credited it. Ellison's ghost will haunt them. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

I was about to say the same thing. That was great.

1 hour ago, Affogato said:

They should have credited it. Ellison's ghost will haunt them. 

He did write "City on the Edge of Forever"

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the episode. Very happy that Mariner is finally getting character growth that a lot of stuff has been on her. She sadly takes after her mother, as Captain Freeman has jumped to conclusions on things and why many don't look at her with that much respect in Starfleet. As we heard how much her ego takes over when we find out her holodeck piece was about her being the new Federation President. Laughed at that, because that won't happen. I am happy Ruthaford not only got his promotion, but kept turning them down. He be like close to LT Commander after all the hell he has been through over the years. I mean they are still Lower Decks, but the show is pointing out that it is time for them to get their promotions and move on. AS we have seen with many of them, it's been their own misfortune or jumping to conclusions that have kept them from moving up the ranks. 

• Like 1

I love how there’s always a perfectly framed insignia panel in the debris field, after the mystery pod blows up an alien ship.  I think we’ll at least see some Ferengi and Cardassian Lower Deckers bite the dust before the show reveals what’s been going on.

Overall, as fun as Voyager-palooza was, I think this was a better episode overall.  I really appreciated how they were able to draw on Mariner and Ransom’s history to inform the story.  The same goes for Rutherford and Tendi - I feel like it justifies waiting to do all this now, because hearing them talk about their experiences helps the promotions to really feel earned.

• Like 2

How does anything get done on Klingon and Romulan ships with all the assassinations and plotting? There must be Klingons and Romulans who just want to explore space and do thier jobs.

Edited by marinw
  • Like 2

The title being a play on "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" made me chuckle. The humans stuck in the alien zoo also reminded me a bit of the Twilight Zone episode "People Are Alike All Over" where the human astronaut becomes a display in a Martian zoo.

Boimler has the worst luck with rooms. He has a point though: why would anyone put a room between two holodecks? 

Speaking of weird ship design, I'm glad they all got promotions and no long have to sleep in the hallway.

Moopsy is officially my favorite alien ever. I'm obsessed. I demand more Moopsy.

I wonder how many crews will get destroyed by the mysterious ship until it ends up going after the Cerritos.

• Like 2

Is it wrong that I totally want a Moopsy of my own? Just something about a terrifying monster being so adorable!

So T'Ana really is a cat in lab coat. The hiding under the bed and pspspspsps works for me. I'm not so happy with the Papa Bear being unhappy with the relationship. The guy died, he looks after his bear pack, he leads a Bajoran dirge chorus - dude deserves some happiness.

The callback to TNG workout scene was funny, as well.

• Like 1