Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Plaque Removal

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Massive "anyway."

I do like that the show remembers that the non field agent characters had actual jobs at Agency Formerly Known As ISIS and they went back to those jobs once they had an actual staff again. And Pam hates being the head of HR because it's way boring.

This episode, sadly, was a lot like Archer in this one: flaccid and impotent. Nothing really stood out to me here aside Archer losing a fight to a kid several times.

It was great seeing Beauregard the dolphin puppet again! It looks a lot rougher since the last time we saw him. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

She is scrappy doo and cousin Oliver level pointless and annoying.  

So annoying.  Her back and  forth with Archer just isn’t working for me.   Is she going to have an STD joke in every episode?

• Like 1

How is the agency getting hired? 

I think the warm beer is what caused Archer's problem. There's no way the truck would have been trashed if Pam was driving either. 

I liked that the team came around and did the right thing, but if Lana thinks the agency is going to be taking missions based on morality, they're going to go bankrupt.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

How is the agency getting hired? 

I think the warm beer is what caused Archer's problem. There's no way the truck would have been trashed if Pam was driving either. 

I liked that the team came around and did the right thing, but if Lana thinks the agency is going to be taking missions based on morality, they're going to go bankrupt.

Well technically no one knows they tanked it. Swapped a fake for the real one and assuming the museum won't notice. Which is hard to believe they wouldn't. 

But you're right....15 seasons of this show suddenly she's going to grow a conscience?  

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Like 1
On 9/7/2023 at 12:03 AM, ch1 said:

I hope there is a point to Zara.  Right now I’m not getting the reason of introducing her in the last season.  

I'm back to my point last week. They should have just kept Archer/Lana in the field and made Pam or Ray head of the Agency.

I just don't understand the point of Zara and she's kind of annoying. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm back to my point last week. They should have just kept Archer/Lana in the field and made Pam or Ray head of the Agency.

I just don't understand the point of Zara and she's kind of annoying. 

It is not working. Zara has no chemistry when anyone. Lana as the leader is not working either. No one seems to have a job right now except for Archer. They are flailing and the loss of Malory is huge.

• Like 1

Blah episode, but I'm happy to see it. The Disney/Spectrum riff took Disney and Fox entertainment networks off the air . . . and then they settled, but then FXX was taken off Spectrum. Thankfully, the episodes are On Demand, so I can watch and be . . . in this case, a bit underwhelmed.

Did the dolphin puppet have a name before?

Interesting main plot, though I don't think the Indiana Jones expy was needed. Basically, Lana picked a job saying it was for the greater good, but she probably knew it was all about helping colonizers keep their stolen stuff, and she wanted to put AJ in a good school. We didn't need a bolo whip and "Half Pint" for that. Zara entertains me, though, once again, I get the criticism of her character. I'm really hoping she isn't a previously-unrevealed bastard child of Archer's. That just seems cheap.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:02 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I thought it was Archer subconsciously sabotaging himself into believing the curse of the tablet was real. I didn't think warm beer would lead to impotence. If the writers are going to lean into the "Archer is older than he thinks" theme, the third episode of the final season is as good a place to start. At least HJB can sell Archer flip-flopping on the existence of curses.

B-plot was okay. I guess Ray had to take the day off in order to get out of evaluating applicants. I'm thinking their fuck-ups will stretch the budget too thin. On the bright side, Cheryl gives out the grade of "D" for "Delicious." We're going to miss her crazy ass.

• Like 1

Holy crap, Zara does not let up on Archer. She's exhausting.

A British 8 = an American 5 = a Canadian 10. Sounds about right.

Everybody gets five points for being edible during the Apocalypse. Yay!

Truck sex. But only if the windows are tinted.

Another episode which reeks of struggling to make it to the finish line. 🫤