Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E12: Let Me See Your Peacock!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Souris said:

Heaven knows Laurence is prickly and dour, but I think her affront was at least partially not knowing what “triple crown” means. I doubt someone from France is familiar with American horse racing. It’s become an idiom, but idioms are tricky for non-native speakers. So she thought she was being called a princess or coronated or something.

That said, her look was the worst.

Just as an aside, I'm not being argumentative and saying Laurence knows what The Triple Crown means. She may not. Though I have no idea why she would get terse about it?

I'm on a very small forum where I'm the only person living in the USA. Brits, French, Polish, Dutch, Israeli etc. I'm amazed they understand all our lingo! Probably due to movies, You Tube, and our major news events going global and such. I also get the impression their educational system does far more than ours. It's quite common for them to speak two or more languages.

I think one time in the last 25 years a person  called someone a tool and they were amused with that having not heard it. That's it. I'm continually amazed!

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, carrps said:

Isn't that the cat from the Sabrina the Witch series that would make sardonic comments?

Salacious, if you will. 😻

And yes, the preview revealed that avant garde is next week. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Redundant
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Salacious, if you will. 😻

And yes, the preview revealed that avant garde is next week. 

Ahhh, thank you!

I'm not in the know, haven't seen Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

• Like 1
On 8/25/2023 at 12:34 PM, meep.meep said:

I think Laurence should have gone.  If nothing else, she needed a pop of another color. 

If anything, Laurence was the anti-peacock. There was no color in her outfit. So she did not understand/ execute the assignment.  

Prajje was getting a little weird with all the voodoo references.  

• Like 7

Prajje was pretty funny and relaxed on Christian's after show. That was the Prajje I remember. I think he got pretty stressed this season, if his difference in demeanor on the after show is any guide.

• Like 4
On 8/27/2023 at 5:26 PM, Tess23 said:

I love Brittany and hope she wins. Part of me thinks she's getting the winner's edit right now.

(cue her going out next week...)

I so hope you're right!

I've watched this back now a couple of times and while men's red carpet fashions and the tuxedo in particular are crying out for some updating  and some variety, and Rami had the start of an idea for that... I wouldn't be caught dead in  that thing.

the male celebrity who actually wears out there fashion  on  red carpets gushed over Brittany's.

and Nina and her two little minions who wait to see which  which way the wind blows before giving their opinions can stuff their "referential" comments. Over a an exaggerated bowtie? A bowtie Brittany wasn't even going to add until Christian encouraged her to do so? He even said something like  if the judges say anything just tell them I told you to do the bowtie.

• Like 4
On 8/26/2023 at 12:12 PM, surfgirl said:

I like Rami in general, but that white schmata was atrocious and looked even more awful on his Casper the ghost whiter than white model. The seams looked dodgey and it was just all wrong IMO. The judges clearly don't give a shit though.

Thank you! Even if it hadn't been a puckered, wrinkly mess, the heavy, thick, body-hiding design was for a 75-year-old bride, not for Harry Styles peacocking on the red carpet.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2