Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: 30 for 30

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

I was NOT expecting this to be a two parter!

Pam's gotten soft, no way only one dart would've taken her down.

I love that Archer somehow befriends animals on missions. This time, a turtle.

Zara is totally the new Lana, down to Archer being intimidated by her and getting a new version of the screaming catchphrase. I really like their dynamic, and how they made taking out all the Vanguard members into a contest. And of course the leader was a load bearing boss. I'll admit, I liked how the show pulled off four people escaping an exploding base while tied to office chairs.

"Well, another mission built on spite."
"I know! :D"

Don't change, Pam.

Well, the gang on the commercial fight was a great B-plot. Krieger having to toss his bioweapons in the trash, Cheryl threatening to buy and then crash the plane, and everyone except Cyril getting taped up. Man, I missed this show.

• Like 1

Hmm. Introducing a last-minute, overpowered and overcompetent character who almost everyone on the cast instantly likes and outdoes the best agent with her hands literally tied behind her back? Did they write Zara from a manual titled "how to write the most hated character possible?" Next thing the whole cast will be acting like she'd always been a part of the team and is the best thing since sliced bread.

Seriously, this is like they tried to tick every fan-enraging box on a character list.

• Like 2

The team on a commercial flight was a fun b-plot.  Watching the group lose their minds while Cyril just acts like a real person.  

Not sure what to think about Zara at this point.  With Lana not going out into the field Archer needs a foil and it needs to be someone who challenges him  (which means either sexually arouses and intimidates him) and  Zara fits the bill but she comes off as too perfect for my liking.  I did however like the concussion contest she had with Archer and Pam and Ray reactions.   Plus I love Ray’s little moment at the end “All you have to do is sit here and you’d never have to deal with any of them ever again……And miss all that good tv.  No.”   

• Like 4

I liked how Pam's cans were still pert and not up in her face when they were hanging upside down. 

And that's why I don't fly coach. 

I'm with Ray; I'd be pushing the chair from the back. 

Lana is going to have to be getting jealous of Zara eventually. Archer isn't stupid; they're going to come around to each other sooner or later. Zara may have or not pinned Archer down on the contest, but they both cleared out the entire complex. 

18 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

Seriously, this is like they tried to tick every fan-enraging box on a character list.

With this show, I think they're going to turn that on its head. Lana isn't the most level headed. 

• Like 1

I think maybe the show wants Zara to be near perfects so Archer can poke and prod her down until she is the worst version of herself.   This is the best version of Zara.    By the end of the season/series we will have the worst version of Zara.  

• Like 3

I am not liking Zara and honestly I don't think she makes a good Foil for Archer. I'd have actually preferred the switch to be Lana back in the field and Pam being in charge or Pam/Archer in the field.

I still think Pam and the Pam/Archer friendship is the best part of this show.

I hope they tone Zara down because I'm not sure I can deal with a whole season of her.

• Like 3

I'm thinking there is going to be some kind of plot twist and Zara is going to be his half-sister or something and she knows. There was something in the way she got creeped out when he tried to kiss her. Not in "ew not cool dude" way but in a "ew we're related" way. They are too well matched in their abilities. 

• Like 1

I get how Zara could be seen as a Mary Sue. I'm just enjoying the ride now before the inevitable twist.

You'd think Ray's co-workers would point out that he has bionic legs during missions, as opposed to saying it after the fact. On the other hand, watching him and the others scoot their way to safety was a fun visual.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:03 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Plus I love Ray’s little moment at the end “All you have to do is sit here and you’d never have to deal with any of them ever again……And miss all that good tv.  No.”   

Is it ironic that Disney lifted their programming from Spectrum the next day, depriving customers of FX and FXX? Or was that just a cruel coincidence? I wound up missing the last two episodes of What We Do In The Shadows, and I might not get to see Archer for the foreseeable future.

Hey, Cyril didn't get tied up and gagged. I guess that counts as a win for him. And of course Cheryl brought a ceramic knife onto a passenger plane.

On 9/3/2023 at 1:16 AM, Lantern7 said:

Is it ironic that Disney lifted their programming from Spectrum the next day, depriving customers of FX and FXX?

Spectrum isn't going to cave into to Disney's demands this time. 

I've got a Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ subscription through my Verizon Wireless account. Hulu has all Archer seasons including the current one available to stream, which is where I'll be watching this show going forward.

On 8/31/2023 at 4:23 AM, PinkRibbons said:

Hmm. Introducing a last-minute, overpowered and overcompetent character who almost everyone on the cast instantly likes and outdoes the best agent with her hands literally tied behind her back? Did they write Zara from a manual titled "how to write the most hated character possible?" Next thing the whole cast will be acting like she'd always been a part of the team and is the best thing since sliced bread.

Yeah I hate Zara. This is classic late character addition that doesn't work at all.  Rory on lucifer. Sam on different strokes. Several others.  They knew this would be the last season why add her in?

• Like 2

Sigh, I'm not really feeling Archer this season. I'm worried they might be going out like Game of Thrones.

I'm thinking there is going to be some kind of plot twist and Zara is going to be his half-sister or something and she knows.

I've seen a wild theory that Zara will turn out to be Archer's daughter. But does the math work age-wise?