Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Chat

• Start Topic

It’s not that unusual for sone Christians to do a “Passover” also acknowledging that Christ was Jewish, but I’m LOLing over the fact that these people thought Easter was too pagan. Geez makes me realize how pagan I always was even though I was raised a Catholic! 

• Like 7
Just now, Adeejay said:

“I have a life with Robyn and her children, and I am okay with that.” Does this man realize that his kids will see the show?

He doesn't care. He just needs to get his own opinion/slant/perspective/position out while he has a camera focused on him.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
Just now, altopower said:

He doesn't care. He just needs to get his own opinion/slant/perspective/position out while he has a camera focused on him.

That is it exactly, he just doesn't care...about anything but his wants/needs.

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1

You know, we can write this stuff even without seeing anything on the screen because it is so repetitive. Christine will look happy. Janelle will have big smiles. Robyn will dry-cry. Kody will shake his curly locks, frown and look all stressed out with the cold dead eyes. Someone will go to that one restaurant that lets them film and they'll say confusing things to each other. The end.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13

For what I hope is the last season, I am okay with seeing Janelle and Christine happy, Meri moving on to find new friends, Robyn pretending to be upset, and Kody showing his ass.

Every week Kody and Robyn bother me more--so I like seeing them scramble to try to change popular opinion.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, sparrowthebrave said:

It’s not that unusual for sone Christians to do a “Passover” also acknowledging that Christ was Jewish, but I’m LOLing over the fact that these people thought Easter was too pagan. Geez makes me realize how pagan I always was even though I was raised a Catholic! 

My dad converted to Pentecostal. He would not hand out candy, bc he said Halloween was Satanic. No Xmas decorations, bc Xmas trees, etc were pagan. Technically true. Xmas trees.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1

Meri, Kody is fine with you moving to Utah, physically farther away.

That's because he doesn't think about you.

Robyn and her spawn are the center of his life. As he says, Robyn is the love of his life.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
Just now, judylo said:

What’s all this about Passover??

Okay, so in a lot of languages, the name for the celebration of Resurrection Sunday isn't that language's translation of the word "Easter," but rather, it is something related to Passover. In French, it's Pâques. In Spanish, it's Pascua (or Pascua de Resurrección). In Italian it's Pasqua. In Greek, it's Πάσχα (Páscha).

Even in English Christendom, there are references to Jesus as the Paschal Lamb. The holiday we call "Easter," in English, is the celebration of what Christians see as the ultimate Passover, but it is Christ's blood (not that of a sacrificial lamb) that is shed for the remission of sins.

On top of that, Mormons think that Israelites migrated from the Holy Land to the Americas, in cigar-shaped boats, about 600 BC. They also claim that Jesus (post-resurrection) came and visited them here.

And so some people in the Latter-day Saints Movement (which isn't just the mainstream LDS church, but all of the people who consider Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon one of their scriptures), can fixate on Jewish holidays and traditions (sometimes, to the exclusion of Christian ones). The Latter-day Saints movements considers itself a restoration of the gospel, not a continuation of it.

The Browns used to regularly celebrate Shabbat (the Sabbath) on Saturday. Friday nights, they would have a seder. I'm pretty sure they were having a seder, the night Robyn announced she was pregnant with Solomon.

Kody is very fixated on Jewish customs. Remember he wouldn't eat pork (and was offended by its presence at the Hawaiian luau)?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 4
Just now, Cancun said:

It feels weird, but I find myself liking Meri when she is being funny. The “don’t go weird!” Comment while laughing made me laugh with her. 

That's a heck of a callback to the series premiere. Well played, Meri.

• Like 5
Just now, altopower said:

Kody doesn't care if you walk away. Robyn knows that. So why is she pushing Meri to stay and stay and stay and live in the Barndominium?

Gotta keep at least one wife besides her to keep the SW show on the air. It's all about the  $$.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

Why does Robyn act as if Kody doesn’t talk to her about his non marriage with Meri?!

This is what I don't get.  Robyn knows more than anyone how Kody really feels about Meri.  And yet, she keeps talking like it's just a minor hiccup. No biggie.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

I miss the days when they actually did things and didn't just sit around talking about each other and how the marriages are going or not, and why the kids are so distant, and what the ratings are for the show, and how much money they're getting. Oh wait, some of that is during our commercials.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

Okay, so in a lot of languages, the name for the celebration of Resurrection Sunday isn't that language's translation of the word "Easter," but rather, it is something related to Passover. In French, it's Pâques. In Spanish, it's Pascua (or Pascua de Resurrección). In Italian it's Pasqua. In Greek, it's Πάσχα (Páscha).

Even in English Christendom, there are references to Jesus as the Paschal Lamb. The holiday we call "Easter," in English, is the celebration of what Christians see as the ultimate Passover, but it is Christ's blood (not that of a sacrificial lamb) that is shed for the remission of sins.

On top of that, Mormons think that Israelites migrated from the Holy Land to the Americas, in cigar-shaped boats, about 600 BC. They also claim that Jesus (post-resurrection) came and visited them here.

And so some people in the Latter-day Saints Movement (which isn't just the mainstream LDS church, but all of the people who consider Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon one of their scriptures), can fixate on Jewish holidays and traditions (sometimes, to the exclusion of Christian ones). The Latter-day Saints movements considers itself a restoration of the gospel, not a continuation of it.

The Browns used to regularly celebrate Shabbat (the Sabbath) on Saturday. Friday nights, they would have a seder. I'm pretty sure they were having a seder, the night Robyn announced she was pregnant with Solomon.

Kody is very fixated on Jewish customs. Remember he wouldn't eat pork (and was offended by its presence at the Hawaiian luau)?

Interesting to know, but as a mostly secular Jew, I don’t approve of this appropriation. Sorry.

edit: I should say that Jews in general do not approve of this. Judaism is what is called a closed practice.

Edited by judylo
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, altopower said:

Kody doesn't care if you walk away. Robyn knows that. So why is she pushing Meri to stay and stay and stay and live in the Barndominium?

Could it just be cause having Meri hanging on means they are still succeeding at the "plural life" they hung their entire world on?  It's their religion..their identity...their livelihood?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Christine and Janelle aren't going to separate. They've formed a family with their kids. And they're not cutting each other off so Janelle can reconcile with Kody when she doesn't want to do it in the first place.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, judylo said:

Interesting to know, but as a mostly secular Jew, I don’t approve of this appropriation. Sorry.

I don't blame you for feeling like that about Kody's appropriation and that of modern-day Messianic Christians.

To be fair to the earliest Christians, who were Jews, they didn't consider themselves not Jews. To them, they were Jews who believed Jesus was the promised Messiah. And they were not the first sect to say, "I think [whoever] is the guy." Passover was ~3400 years ago. Resurrection Sunday was ~2000 years ago. I don't think it's productive to be mad at what people did thousands of years ago.

To the extent that any given group of ancient Jews keps celebrating the Passover, while seeing Jesus as the Messiah, they weren't appropriating, nor were they appropriating, when they converted people to their understanding of Judaism. And so, as the faith spread from Judea to Europe (and elsewhere) and they just translated the word for "Passover" into the new host language, that's not appropriation. 

But that's not where Kody is (nor is it were modern Messianic Christians, many of whom refer to themselves as Messianic Jews are), and that, I agree, is appropriation.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

How many more episodes do we have left of this season?  We're apparently watching Janelle and Meri move closer to ending their marriages with Kody, who is already married to the love of his life. I hope we're getting there soon because so far this is pretty boring unless the OG kids are on screen.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

lol this literally popped in my head as it appeared on my screen.

I could type ‘ he is an ass’ after every talking head.  This one was about ‘the kids must  come to my house, I’m not going to Garrisons’. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 9
3 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

What I think is interesting is that Christine, Janelle and Meri are all okay with a family reunion so the kids are all together.

But of course, Robyn and Kody are against this.

Well don't invite them OG3. Just get your families together and don't worry anymore about the other group, since the other group complains about the breaking up of the family and continues to not and find reasons not to participate or let things go and realize, no matter who Meri, Jenelle and Christine have in their lives, those 3 are still their family. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

I have experience with parents who expect you to travel to them for holidays.

I have a mother who is an alcoholic and is likely a narcissist. 

When I was in my 20s and 30s my mother would say that it is the child's responsibility to travel to their parents' house for the holidays. She said, if you have children, then parents will travel.

So I married and had children. And then my mother said she couldn't travel for health reasons (although she traveled abroad with her girlfriends).

I am 2 years from retirement and my mother has never visited my home.

My mother has about as much hair as Kody too.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 13
  • LOL 1

"Robyn is a good sister wife and Christine wasn't."  Christine raised 13 children and lazy Robyn can't even raise her own, let alone anyone else's. This man has lost his ever-loving mind.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 13
  • Love 1