Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E07: Fiji is the perfect place to fall in love!

• Start Topic

Fiji's also the perfect place to play Survivor!

Sounds like there's some messed up stuff happening tonight.

I like Xavier, but he looks and sounds bored. Like he's reciting lines someone wrote for him.

• Like 3

Dotun is perfect—and she has doubts about the other two. Okay, then. We’re really just dragging this out until she can get engaged to Dotun—or at least it seems that way to me.

• Like 8

Xavier looked like he was sucking Charity’s soul out of her head with that hello kiss!

Oh, no. The “cultural” date. If this turns into some type of love ritual, then it’s the kiss of death. The last place person always gets the “love guru” date on the way out the door.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Xavier is up to bat first. Long kiss with Charity. They're on their own island.

Xavier is all oiled up in Fijian traditional dress. Charity is carried in on some Fijians' shoulders. They're going through a traditional Fijian wedding ceremony.

What if this is a valid (legal) ceremony?

They exchange vows and Xavier's was weird. He told Charity she is a delicate flower and if he picks her he doesn't want to crush her. He will water the flower, take care of it and pick it when it's ready, or something like that. I think she thought it was a little weird, too. She says there are multiple interpretations.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Xavier seems overwhelmed.  I don't think he wants to get married to Charity.

I still don’t get why there has to be an engagement after just 1 month of maybe 4 individual dates. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I still have a crush on Xavier but he and Charity don't really have much chemistry for two beautiful, nice, eligible people in a stunning location. I don't think he's really ready to get engaged like this, he seems too normal and ready to date someone for a while before marriage. That makes him a total catch in real life, but not right for this silly show! 

If she doesn't end up with Dotun, I will be completely shocked. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Is this a foggy night, or is Xavier sitting right next to the BBQ or bonfire? Part of me is thinking it’s a fog machine and some horror movie is going to start up.

Oh, horror scene it is! Xavier has cheated! For shame! There is no forgiveness in Bachelor world—even if you were like in high school or college. 

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I still don’t get why there has to be an engagement after just 1 month of maybe 4 individual dates. 🙄

Hey, by the time of the proposal, it is a full 45 days….more than enough time…..?

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I think Xavier told her about his cheating to get out of this situation.  

He can’t change his history so not sure why charity is taking it personally. But I agree, maybe he just wants the Bach gig, his shtick can be all about knitting. 

Anyone know who her ex is? He’s had so many mentions, he’s almost the 2nd star of the season.

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 3
11 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Xavier is up to bat first. Long kiss with Charity. They're on their own island.

Xavier is all oiled up in Fijian traditional dress. Charity is carried in on some Fijians' shoulders. They're going through a traditional Fijian wedding ceremony.

What if this is a valid (legal) ceremony?

They exchange vows and Xavier's was weird. He told Charity she is a delicate flower and if he picks her he doesn't want to crush her. He will water the flower, take care of it and pick it when it's ready, or something like that. I think she thought it was a little weird, too. She says there are multiple interpretations.

He missed a chance to suggest they knit their lives together.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Charity allowed herself to be cheated on multiple times in a 6-year relationship?!?

Wait. It sounds like Xavier had a 5-day fling to end his last relationship, not like he was sneaking around and coming back home to his love. Oh, nevermind. It was a boys’ trip—spent with lots of women! Um, okay. I tried to let you off the hook, X. It could happen again!—unless we choose each other…and I get scared. Whooo boy.

She’s still pulling out this fantasy suite card?!? On the condition you won’t cheat on me (while I go cheat on you with Dotun and Joey and maybe Aaron)!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Xavier, stop talking, you're killing my crush on you. Sigh...I should know by now not to get attached to anyone on this show! It was the knitting and the science that got me. 

He is definitely not ready to be married and I think he's done everything he can to get himself sent home. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

No woman is ever letting Xavier go on a boy's trip again! What an idiot telling everyone this could happen again on national television. Crush officially over! 

Charity and Dotun have always seemed like the clear perfect match to me, but this definitely seals it. 

• Like 5

So 1h was all about X and no need for a rose ceremony. The other 2 or 3 get only 1h together now. 

And he also killed his chances to be Bach. Oh well there’s always paradise. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 7

She’s crying and begging for a commitment from him, and he says he needs to see more from her tonight to quell his doubts! Damn! Charity, why are you fighting through this? You only need to marry one person. Wish this man well and go get engaged to Dotun.

Okay, wow. She is. I think he might actually leave right now. Damn. I don’t think they have a car ready! Wait. Somehow they do! They must have a driver on standby 24/7.

Do you think Xavier could still be the Bachelor after this? Maybe. He knew Charity wasn’t “his person” so at least he was honest before he spent the night with her.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 3
(edited)

I don't know about Xavier now. He said he was unfaithful in his last relationship. Sounds like he had a wild holiday with the guys. The bad: he couldn't stay committed. The not quite so bad: it was a one-time binge, not a pattern throughout the relationship. Charity's asking would he be committed enough to her. He says his heart says yes, but his mind says no. It depends on tonight and he needs to see more.

She's not going to put up with that crap and sends him home. 

I'm so disappointed in him. Not in the past infidelity, but that he says he has to see more from her before he can promise fidelity. I'm glad she ended it right now and didn't beg for his love or try to be the woman he wants.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 8

I think Xavier got confused.

It’s “Go big or go home” NOT “Go big and go home”.

He must really not want to be the next Bachelor as much as he doesn’t want to be the final one.

• LOL 7

Was that a wild hog that ran by Joey? 

Yay! An ATV! An opportunity for Joey to tip it over and injure her! Or maybe Charity will do the tipping. She breaks it instead.

• Like 1

I’m still trying to understand Xavier.  Did he say he didn’t think he had to be faithful when dating someone unless he was ready to make a life commitment?   I kind of thought that part of dating seriously meant dating exclusively.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I’m still trying to understand Xavier.  Did he say he didn’t think he had to be faithful when dating someone unless he was ready to make a life commitment?   I kind of thought that part of dating seriously meant dating exclusively.  

He killed his entire fan base tonight. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 8

I really wanted to like Xavier because of the science and the knitting, but I couldnt. None of their interactions made me think he was that in to her. He always looks and sounds like he’s falling asleep.  I missed everything after he told her had cheated, before he said the how of it.  “I need to see more from you” translation: “let’s knock boots before I dump you”

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

It's almost like the woman has to deserve or earn his fidelity.

She will donate the scarf he knitted for her to Goodwill.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

I understood it as once he’s certain he’s found his life partner, he will be committed for life. He has doubts in his mind that Charity is that person for him—despite having no doubts in his heart (whatever that means). But right now he’s not 100% sure Charity is the one so he can’t make that promise to her—beyond committing that if she’s the one he would never cheat. He’s not doing himself any favors by being too honest in response to someone who’s already insecure about cheating, But somehow I think it’s a good sign that he’s not just like “it would never happen again” when you realistically don’t know what circumstances you might face in the future. I think this is the scientist in him. It’s possible, but not probable, Charity!

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I understood it as once he’s certain he’s found his life partner, he will be committed for life. He has doubts in his mind that Charity is that person for him—despite having no doubts in his heart (whatever that means). But right now he’s not 100% sure Charity is the one so he can’t make that promise to her—beyond committing that if she’s the one he would never cheat. He’s not doing himself any favors by being too honest in response to someone who’s already insecure about cheating, But somehow I think it’s a good sign that he’s not just like “it would never happen again” when you realistically don’t know what circumstances you might face in the future. I think this is the scientist in him. It’s possible, but not probable, Charity!

He is going to have trouble finding a life partner if he won’t commit to not cheating while they are getting to know each other to determine if they are the 1.

• Like 2

Oof, as a people pleaser who wants to be pleasant company and make sure everyone thinks well of me, I felt every word Joey said. That must have made it hurtful that his uncle kind of implied he was being fake last week. He's not my physical type but I like him a lot and think he would be a sincere Bachelor. 

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Somehow Dotun made it through casting and filming three-quarters of the show before he found out he’s supposed to get engaged at the end?!

He was only cast a week or two before filming started because his friend who was originally cast dropped out and recommended him. Apparently he didn't think to ask many questions! 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 5
Just now, SallyAlbright said:

He was only cast a week or two before filming started because his friend who was originally cast dropped out and recommended him. Apparently he didn't think to ask many questions! 

That probably explains why he has been so chill.  

• Like 4