Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: My So-Called Wi-Fi

• Start Topic

Brandan discovers Mary's lie; Daniele's friends grill Daniele and Yohan about their relationship; Julio second-guesses his move to the Netherlands; Armando reveals old wounds; Tensions run high between Kimberly and TJ's brother.

Airdate: 8/7/23

• Like 2

If that's what Kim considers a cordial relationship, I'd hate to see a tense one.

Danielle's friends seemed warm and supportive, though.  Kind of unusual for this show.  Maybe they should stick around.

• Like 8

I know Danielle is a twit, but I saw red when her friends first inquired into their financial issues, and then went on to quiz and lecture them about their choices regarding children. FFS, MYOB!

YMMV, LOL.

Elsewhere, I may never eat rice again. I knew they used paddies, but the thought of animal excrement in them never occurred to me.

Edited by renatae
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I know Danielle is a twit, but I saw red when her friends first inquired into their financial issues, and then went on to quiz and lecture them about their choices regarding children. FFS, MYOB!

YMMV, LOL.

Elsewhere, I may never eat rice again. I knew they used paddies, but the thought of animal excrement in them never occurred to me.

90-Day friends are always super nosy and frequently downright invasive. I think the producers tell them to be that way.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, renatae said:

YMMV, LOL.

I’m pretty sure animal manure of various types is used as fertilizer all over the world.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m pretty sure animal manure of various types is used as fertilizer all over the world.

Yes, the alternatives are mostly chemical fertilizers.  I live on a farm with cattle and poultry and their manure is the main source of nutrients for our food gardens, flavor of organically grown stuff is far superior than what chemical fertilizers can produce.  We also use manure from the cows to spread in hay fields to fertilize the grass they eat in winter, is a great environmentally friendly system.

Looking forward to seeing this mess of a show as soon as I can download it!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

You are correct, but I'm used to considering it to be the processed type, not the recently excreted.😬

Also, Jean Jean, you are correct, but I think these two went overtime, lol.

TJ and his brilliant plan to blindside whatsername after the marriage with the scut expectations is pushing my buttons.

I see Mary is of the "Do as I say, not as I do" persuasion.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Was that a...a mature adult conversation between TJ and Kim at the beginning of the episode? Where they calmly looked back at their fight and discussed ways they could do better in the future? For a minute, I was unsure what show I was watching. Then TJ did his interview where he explained that he was deliberately hiding the truth about Kim's subservient role in the family, and I was right back in the arms of a 90 Day episode.

I shouldn't be surprised, but couldn't help feeling surprised, when I saw Brandan comforting MARY and apologizing to MARY when her lies and hypocrisy were exposed. Because that's just how it works in an abusive relationship. BTW, are they going to acknowledge the ambiguous sexuality of at least one of Mary's buddies? Granted, cross-cultural gaydar is a fool's game, but I don't think Brandan needs to worry that Mary is cheating on him with the blond.

FFing Daniele and Yohan as usual. I can't pretend to care.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Watching episode now.  Can someone who knows about hair extensions, wigs and such please tell me whether Danielle's hair has been "enhanced" in some artificial way or if it's natural?  If natural how is it possible for someone especially at her age to grow that much thick, full hair in such a short period of time?  I want to know this secret.  It's the only interesting thing to me about this couple.  Thanks.  :)

• LOL 3
On 8/7/2023 at 7:44 PM, renatae said:

Regarding "recently excreted," you may want to do some research regarding organic farming in the U.S.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, IvySpice said:

BTW, are they going to acknowledge the ambiguous sexuality of at least one of Mary's buddies?

At least 2 of the 3 pinged my gaydar at level 10/10. I suspect the same thought crossed his mind when he finally met them because I swear I almost saw a smirk of, "oh shit, THESE are the men I didn't want her hanging out with?" and probably a big factor as to why he didn't blow up about her wifi lying. I mean, look at these guys, come on 🤪

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

At least 2 of the 3 pinged my gaydar at level 10/10. I suspect the same thought crossed his mind when he finally met them because I swear I almost saw a smirk of, "oh shit, THESE are the men I didn't want her hanging out with?" and probably a big factor as to why he didn't blow up about her wifi lying. I mean, look at these guys, come on 🤪

He probably felt like an alpha male for once in his life.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Was that a...a mature adult conversation between TJ and Kim at the beginning of the episode? Where they calmly looked back at their fight and discussed ways they could do better in the future? For a minute, I was unsure what show I was watching. Then TJ did his interview where he explained that he was deliberately hiding the truth about Kim's subservient role in the family, and I was right back in the arms of a 90 Day episode.

I shouldn't be surprised, but couldn't help feeling surprised, when I saw Brandan comforting MARY and apologizing to MARY when her lies and hypocrisy were exposed. Because that's just how it works in an abusive relationship. BTW, are they going to acknowledge the ambiguous sexuality of at least one of Mary's buddies? Granted, cross-cultural gaydar is a fool's game, but I don't think Brandan needs to worry that Mary is cheating on him with the blond.

FFing Daniele and Yohan as usual. I can't pretend to care.

WTF is sitting on Daniele's head?  Those extensions are as bad as Taylor Dayne's were in 1988.  And if that gal is gonna birth a baby, I am Imelda Marcos.

14 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

Watching episode now.  Can someone who knows about hair extensions, wigs and such please tell me whether Danielle's hair has been "enhanced" in some artificial way or if it's natural?  If natural how is it possible for someone especially at her age to grow that much thick, full hair in such a short period of time?  I want to know this secret.  It's the only interesting thing to me about this couple.  Thanks.  :)

• Like 3
16 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Granted, cross-cultural gaydar is a fool's game, but I don't think Brandan needs to worry that Mary is cheating on him with the blond.

I thought the exact same thing!!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I know people can be super fit at any size and shape. I myself am a bigger woman and used to run marathons at my size and still stay active. But I sort of feel like if I went away to a resort and spa, I would not expect my yoga teacher to be wider than she is tall. Sorry Danielle. Now, Yohan looks like he could be a trainer. Why hasn't he gone back to the resort to get his old job back now that the butcher shop is dead? I am guessing it is because Danielle doesn't want him around other women that way. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

I know people can be super fit at any size and shape. I myself am a bigger woman and used to run marathons at my size and still stay active. But I sort of feel like if I went away to a resort and spa, I would not expect my yoga teacher to be wider than she is tall. Sorry Danielle. Now, Yohan looks like he could be a trainer. Why hasn't he gone back to the resort to get his old job back now that the butcher shop is dead? I am guessing it is because Danielle doesn't want him around other women that way. 

Yeah or he burned bridges when he left because he was so sure the butcher shop would take off.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

WTF is sitting on Daniele's head?  Those extensions are as bad as Taylor Dayne's were in 1988.  And if that gal is gonna birth a baby, I am Imelda Marcos.

OK thanks but just so I can be clear on this, is it a wig or hair extensions on Danielle?  Or maybe some kind of animal or trash that she found washed up on the beach while foraging for mangoes?

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

OK thanks but just so I can be clear on this, is it a wig or hair extensions on Danielle?  Or maybe some kind of animal or trash that she found washed up on the beach while foraging for mangoes?

It is extensions, and cheap non-matching ones at that. They are under her own hair and you can see where her hair stops and they begin because the texture, curl and color are different. I think that mop of fake hair only makes her look shorter and squatter. 

Fun fact: Her mother was a hairstylist and she claims to have "grown up in her salon" 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 8/8/2023 at 9:40 PM, Boxer Woman said:

Those are some really bad extensions.  They don't even match her own hair color!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 8/9/2023 at 9:06 PM, Boxer Woman said:

Well, you bring up an interesting question for which there is no answer.  Could be animal/trash or extensions!  HA!

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well, you bring up an interesting question for which there is no answer.  Could be animal/trash or extensions!  HA!

Maybe they're made from that seaweed or kelp (?) stuff that washes up on the beach and she's re-purposing it? 

• LOL 5