Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Floating Circus

• Start Topic

Like a Kookaburra sitting in an old gum tree, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast.

So Jason backed off and the charter continued.  He did have a point, in that all of the deck crew were down when the guests went “Moon over Miami”.  Should have a deckie awake to support the stews if the guests are still up.

“When mine is empty, that means refill.”  What piggy guests.

Luke, discussing a past relationship – “I didn’t want to mow the lawn every Saturday because I was told to.  That’s not me.”  No, dude, you mow the lawn every Saturday because you’re *supposed* to.

The way these guests eat, I doubt they’d know eggs benedict from eggs on a shingle.

The crew lost the swim ladder?!  Oops.  Kinda makes you wonder how that can happen – I mean, it just hangs there.  From the close-up, it looked like it was sheared off.  MegaShark??!!

The diving bit was interesting – wish we could see more of this sort of thing and fewer drunks.

Meanwhile, as some of the guests continue to talk about their titties and keeping them in their dresses, they later start fighting at the dinner table.  Real class.

But wait!  Will the Can-Can be a Can’t-Can’t without music?!  No, wait, it’s all fine!

Guest on her way to bed:  “I like alcohol!”  Yes.  Yes you do.

As the guests continue to fight while the ship docks, Adam has an honest moment with the camera about his background -- new respect.

Jason is back with his bullshit disco helmet.  What a complete de-motivator for anyone or any team.  Yes, people make mistakes, but this sort of shaming isn’t the best way to correct a problem.

And the drunken revelry starts.  *sigh*.  Should I even bother with this season?

During the party -- “Is Harry gay?”  Stay tuned on this one.

What will happen next week?  Will Margot and Luke get together?  Is Harry really gay?  Who is the mystery deck hand?  Stay tuned, if you can keep calm.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

That guest wanted champagne delivered to her room at 5:15am? I loved Aesha telling her she would not be awake at that time but would get it to her as soon as possible. Also, shut about about the champagne already. Also, also, nobody wants to see your boobs.

I have to rewatch the crew's night out (I was not paying attention), however I did see deck crew person make an unwanted advance to the chef (I think it was the chef?) HR people everywhere are screaming at their screens right then and there. How does that still go on?

The disco helmet should go the way of the swim platform railing, oops, over the side of the boat in to the deep blue. Why not make the recipient sit in the corner, it really is so dumb.

The guests that played like they were so sophisticated, wealthy and demanding were placated by a stew in a rented costume fudging her way thru a Can Can? Sure Jan.  

The tablescapes have been very nice, suck it Sandy, I bet you wish you had these stews.

• Like 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have to rewatch the crew's night out (I was not paying attention), however I did see deck crew person make an unwanted advance to the chef (I think it was the chef?)

The bos'n made a pass at Margot, the new stew.  Right after she said she was having a great night, and that hookups would ruin the crews friendly vibe, dipshit bos'n (sorry, don't remember his name) snuck a kiss on his co-worker's face.

19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The disco helmet should go the way of the swim platform railing, oops,

I don't mind the disco helmet, but it should be countered with an MVP award.

I'm worried about the chef, she's gotta get a handle on the galley situation, her food is suffering.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 2

OK, I want to know who invited Kristyl, the loudmouth drunk, along on this trip. Nobody seemed to like her. Nobody was owning up to the invite. Nobody was like "Oh, sorry I invited her, I owed her" or something. I think the truth is that maybe four or five of them are actually friends, and the rest were recruited from Reality Show Casting Central to cause trouble. 

I'm guessing it's going to be a recurring thing that it takes Laura forever to get ready. They should have just left her ass on the boat. A half hour in the shower? 

Margot seems cool, but she tells us she has dated "asshole douchey guys" and the show cuts to Luke. Y'think they're trying to tell us something? Kissing her without her consent is certainly an asshole, douchey thing to do. 

The scuba diving shots are beautiful but it makes me wonder how much of this stuff they're actually seeing and how much is just stock footage.

• Like 4

Krystl was awful…when she was drinking champagne right out of the bottle she really showed how totally lacking any kind of class she was.

For all that Laura took an hour and a half to get ready, the end result wasn’t spectacular (and her dress looked like she was ready for a day at the office).  She’s awfully impressed with herself.

• Like 11
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm worried about the chef, she's gotta get a handle on the galley situation, her food is suffering.

It looked like she had got the galley organized to function better, but she doesn't even have her knives.  It's like a master pianist playing on a toy piano.

But she needs to step up her plating.  Throw some microgreens on everything!

• Like 4

I did NOT understand that dessert at all.

Luke- you cannot kiss someone without their consent. Did you never learn that? He thinks he is irresistable enough to overcome that. He is not (IMO).

Laura can leave now. I am guessing she will be fired at some point. Not only doesn't she do things in the time requested, but she was giving direction to Margot and acted like the boss. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

“When mine is empty, that means refill.”  What piggy guests.

So much hate.  That's Klassy with a capital K right there.

15 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

The diving bit was interesting – wish we could see more of this sort of thing and fewer drunks.

100% agree.  They're in a scuba diving paradise and we see virtually none of it.  That's the part of yachting we all want to see.  I'm generalizing here, but yeah.

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The guests that played like they were so sophisticated, wealthy and demanding were placated by a stew in a rented costume fudging her way thru a Can Can? Sure Jan.

God, I just can't stand Laura.  Agree with EVERYONE that her amount of prep time ≠ amazing results.  A half hour in the shower?  What exactly is she doing in there?  I think we all know.  It's just discourteous if you ask me, and a waste of water.  But Everyone has to wait for Amazing Laura! 🙄

I'm really relating to Margot from Wisconsin, since I'm from Minnesota.  Totally onboard with her never complaining about Laura.  We're just polite to a fault.  We apologize when someone else does something bad TO US.  Also the accent and calling herself Marge.  Such a Minn/Wisc name (ref: Fargo movie).

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I did NOT understand that dessert at all.

I don't even think she did. She described it to Aesha as "a cake thing." It seemed like maybe something experimental she just dreamed up on the spot. It did NOT look appetizing. However, I'm willing to bet it was delicious.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The scuba diving shots are beautiful but it makes me wonder how much of this stuff they're actually seeing and how much is just stock footage.

I think you're right about this. It's expensive for production to shoot underwater.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't mind the disco helmet, but it should be countered with an MVP award.

I remember reading last year that he also gave out MVP awards, but it was never shown on the show.

7 hours ago, MartyQui said:

For all that Laura took an hour and a half to get ready, the end result wasn’t spectacular (and her dress looked like she was ready for a day at the office).  She’s awfully impressed with herself.

I thought that as soon as I saw her dress. She looked like she was ready for search. It also reminded me of a double knit flight attendant outfit.  

Also, I have never in my long life heard of anyone requesting can can dancers.   Maybe once when I was out with Toulouse - Lautrec.  Other than that never.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Krystal continues to be a piece of work.  I'm dying to know the relationship of these guests.  Did Brandon invite Krystal, and now he is upset with the way she is (mis)behaving?  I wish the Captain had sidelined her that first night.

• Like 2
(edited)

That was Luke who stole the kiss.  He's aiming to be the Gary of this BDDU season.

And Margot is up for it.  She did say she only dates assholes.

Laura is high maintenance but she is competent and a hard worker, so far.  She does the table scapes, trains Margot and did the dancing.

Probably the Moulin Rouge party was concocted to show off her dancing.

She takes a long time but the editing showing the timer while she's in the bathroom, hmm, they decided early that they would make it a thing for this season or while she's still on the show.

Adam is trying to tell other deck hands how things should be done, even though they seem to have more experience.

Edited by aghst
  • Like 3