Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 7/20/2023 at 9:03 AM, Pi237 said:

Notice Tamara made sure to mentioned she'd been drinking tequila all day before she went in on Jenn. . That's her warning signal, "I'm about to attack you like a shrieking hyena and tomorrow blame it on the alcohol."

“And then beg for your forgiveness until I wear you down.”

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 7/22/2023 at 4:30 AM, bravofan27 said:

Shane also seems to barely tolerate Emily for the few minutes that he obligates when he comes home. He gives an emotionless hello to Emily and Annabell, ignores the boys, and stands next to Emily and makes a few rude comments.

Shane and Terry suck. 

FWIW, I hated Shane to start and he has grown on me more than a little.  I actually think he cares about Emily a great deal, but he's just very dry and not demonstrative (certainly on camera, but probably in real life too). He actually really cracks me up now.

44 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Turns out, David’s being sued for divorce. Not Shannon’s problem. David’s personal fuckups no longer concern her, beyond what they may mean to financial support, which she calmly acknowledged. I applauded her for how she handled that.

I actually really felt for Shannon when she was talking to her daughter.  That was a real, real moment.  I know what it's like to care about someone who has hurt you, and to hurt when they are hurting.  While I'm sure there is no love lost, it truly seemed like Shannon was sorry David was hurting, and didn't seem to take any glee in what she absolutely could have.  It said a lot about her, IMO.  She can definitely be self centered for sure, but I also think she does care about other people.

As far as Heather deserving the pile on - does she deserve it from these two? Nah.  But this, for me, is "in bounds" for Housewives behavior.  The pile on is nothing new, and as I alluded to earlier, I can't help but think of Heather lecturing Alexis that if everyone tells you you're dead, you should lie down.  Heather has happily taken part in other pile ons, so I can feel but so badly that it's her turn in the hot seat.  If Emily and Gina stick around long enough, their turns will come too.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2023 at 8:52 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I remember Terry getting involved and over reacting. He was a real pompous jerk. When he called him a penis he made mention that’s the term they use in the medical world. So condescending and gross. Like anyone forgets he’s a surgeon with him and his wife’s faces so ugly and immobile. Heather is an asshole. The way she talks to people like she is educating them is annoying. I think it’s fine for the others to go after her. 

100%. Miss Terry looked like the complete ass and fame-whoring zoo ape that he is. No, Miss Terry--people in the "medical world" don't CALL people a penis---- insecure, inadequate bullies on the middle school playground use that term. Additionally, your face is approaching Jocelyn Wildenstein territory. 🤮

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
43 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

100%. Miss Terry looked like the complete ass and fame-whoring zoo ape that he is. No, Miss Terry--people in the "medical world" don't CALL people a penis---- insecure, inadequate bullies on the middle school playground use that term. Additionally, your face is approaching Jocelyn Wildenstein territory. 🤮

😅 

It always amazes me that someone who often turns down business on Botched because it would be a bad idea had that done to his own face. I will say he looks a little better to me now (time for another injection?), but when I first saw him I was a little repulsed.

Terry has always struck me as a “Yeah! What SHE said!” character when it comes to the beefs his wife is involved in.

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, lasu said:

FWIW, I hated Shane to start and he has grown on me more than a little.  I actually think he cares about Emily a great deal, but he's just very dry and not demonstrative (certainly on camera, but probably in real life too). He actually really cracks me up now.

I actually really felt for Shannon when she was talking to her daughter.  That was a real, real moment.  I know what it's like to care about someone who has hurt you, and to hurt when they are hurting.  While I'm sure there is no love lost, it truly seemed like Shannon was sorry David was hurting, and didn't seem to take any glee in what she absolutely could have.  It said a lot about her, IMO.  She can definitely be self centered for sure, but I also think she does care about other people.

As far as Heather deserving the pile on - does she deserve it from these two? Nah.  But this, for me, is "in bounds" for Housewives behavior.  The pile on is nothing new, and as I alluded to earlier, I can't help but think of Heather lecturing Alexis that if everyone tells you you're dead, you should lie down.  Heather has happily taken part in other pile ons, so I can feel but so badly that it's her turn in the hot seat.  If Emily and Gina stick around long enough, their turns will come too.

Shane seems much more human now that he’s passed the bar. He and Emily appear to be in a good place.

”What goes around comes around” should be the tagline for these shows. To me, Heather’s haughtiness and sense of entitlement are hard to take this season. She lost me (at least for now) with the “let them eat cake” comment equating shoveling shit to work done by others that makes her life easier. Didn’t she have something similar engraved on the chopsticks? 

Edited by RoseAllDay
Wording
  • Like 4
20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

She cheated on Simon?

With Eddie. But nobody wants to talk about that. 

14 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Did you listen to her podcast, or is it information from a secondary source? I did a search, and nothing came up. 

On her podcast with Teddi Mellencamp called Two T's in a Pod. It was quite a while ago. The subject was about cheating and whether or not a cheater can change.  She said she met Eddie and started up with him before leaving Simon, and she's been with Eddie for 9 yrs (at the time) and would not consider herself a cheater because their relationship has lasted, then she changed the subject REAL fast. Well, then, what is her definition of a cheater?  

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Madame Puppet never ceases to be unimaginative and basic. She wants to go to Nobu because celebrities go to Nobu. If Madame Puppet organized a dinner cooked by an up and coming chef or took everyone to one of the cool "best new restaurants," that would be interesting. But no-- once again, she comes off as the ultimate rube. "The thirst is real" ...and embarrassing. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
On 7/25/2023 at 10:45 AM, lasu said:

Sure, it's "in bounds" but in terms of actual drama, IMO, it's pretty weak. And because their accusations against Heather are so weak, it's making me think less of Gina and Emily. For all of Heather's so-called evilness and haughtiness, so far she seems to be handling the pile-on with more grace than most HWs.

• Like 4
(edited)

I

17 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

This episode's viewership was a new season low at 677,000.  Can Vicki save the season?  Tamra sure hasn't.

https://tvdeets.com/ratings/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county

This are the live views. The extremely promoted NY Housewives (on all kinds of tv channels, and at every Bravo commercial break, and everywhere imaginable), had a lower viewership (the premiere episode). The OC was not promoted at all and it's doing better. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 7/25/2023 at 2:18 PM, bichonblitz said:

With Eddie. But nobody wants to talk about that. 

On her podcast with Teddi Mellencamp called Two T's in a Pod. It was quite a while ago. The subject was about cheating and whether or not a cheater can change.  She said she met Eddie and started up with him before leaving Simon, and she's been with Eddie for 9 yrs (at the time) and would not consider herself a cheater because their relationship has lasted, then she changed the subject REAL fast. Well, then, what is her definition of a cheater?  

I found some more info. I couldn't find anything about her podcast. Jenn said Tamra liked Eddie, not that she had an affair with him when she was still with her husband.  Eddie and Tamra got married in June 2013, so they are married for 10 years. Tamra got divorced in 2011. Simon, who created continuous legal problems to Tamra out of spite until recently never mentioned anything about her cheating, and I'm sure he would have done it.

Edited by ZettaK
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

I

This are the live views. The extremely promoted NY Housewives (on all kinds of tv channels, and at every Bravo commercial break, and everywhere imaginable), had a lower viewership (the premiere episode). The OC was not promoted at all and it's doing better. 

If live views aren't important, why is that the number always quoted in Articles?  Also, I'm not sure what the NY show has to do with OC.  If both are losing viewers, that isn't a good thing for either one.  

• Like 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

If live views aren't important, why is that the number always quoted in Articles?  Also, I'm not sure what the NY show has to do with OC.  If both are losing viewers, that isn't a good thing for either one.  

Live views are important, but the overall number goes up when the streaming numbers (from Peacock), and those of people who watched the recording are added. All HW franchises have lower viewership, even Atlanta (which was always the most popular), and every other show because of competition from streaming services, and so much choice these days anyway. So, I wouldn’t compare it with the numbers from 10 years ago. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Simon, who created continuous legal problems to Tamra out of spite until recently never mentioned anything about her cheating, and I'm sure he would have done it.

Maybe Simon wasn't aware of that. 

3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Eddie and Tamra got married in June 2013, so they are married for 10 years. Tamra got divorced in 2011.

When Tamra left Simon she moved in that small apt then next thing you know she was living with Eddie in his house. So they got married two years later. She was already messing around with Eddie when she left Simon. 

• Useful 1

I finally saw the great napkin toss.  FFS Tamra is exhausting.  I really liked that no one decided to stoop to Tamra's level.  Jenn was angry but she stayed calm.  Tamra did her usual of trying to get the other person to scream and yell. There were moments when Jenn's eyes projected pure hatred.  I know how she feels. 

I felt bad for the people working and sitting at the bar at Nobu.  Can you imagine having Tamra shrieking within a few feet of you?  I'm sure everyone had a headache that lasted all night.  The employees deserved combat pay. 

• Like 2
On 7/27/2023 at 7:55 PM, bichonblitz said:

Maybe Simon wasn't aware of that. 

When Tamra left Simon she moved in that small apt then next thing you know she was living with Eddie in his house. So they got married two years later. She was already messing around with Eddie when she left Simon. 

Yes, but after she left. The divorce took years to become final. Eddie never moved to her apartment. He owns a house in Ladera Ranch (the same community Simon and Tamra lived) for more than 15 years, the one we saw Tamra moving to at one point (with her kids after they became comfortable with Eddie), and the one they live right now and we see on the show. Tamra said that they renovated this house a few years ago. It was rented when they bought a larger house in Ladera, and then one in Coto (both were sold with a profit very soon after). We saw all these houses on the show. Eddie bought the house in 2007 after he got divorced.  

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, but after she left. The divorce took years to become final. Eddie never moved to her apartment. He owns a house in Ladera Ranch (the same community Simon and Tamra lived) for more than 15 years, the one we saw Tamra moving to at one point (with her kids after they became comfortable with Eddie), and the one they live right now and we see on the show. Tamra said that they renovated this house a few years ago. It was rented when they bought a larger house in Ladera, and then one in Coto (both were sold with a profit very soon after). We saw all these houses on the show. Eddie bought the house in 2007 after he got divorced.  

If you read my post I never said Eddie moved in to her apt. I said she moved in to his house so I don't get the point of your post. Anyway, let's drop it. I have my knowledge of how and when their relationship started and you have yours. No problem. 

• Like 2

I am going to have to rewatch the consignment shop scene because I didn't see the LV she bought until the receipt was on the screen - and I wonder which LV it was. Some of the authentic discontinued styles are quite pricey like the Sprouse bags and even the original Murakami collaboration aka the Multicolor bags.

On the subject of bags, last season there was a lot of discussion about Crystal's $80,000 Birkin 20 which looked like a house with windows. I am on a mailing list for the super high end Hermes replicas (the ones that start at $2000 and go up from there) and they had a replica of the bag for I think about $2500. 

• Useful 3
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If you read my post I never said Eddie moved in to her apt. I said she moved in to his house so I don't get the point of your post. Anyway, let's drop it. I have my knowledge of how and when their relationship started and you have yours. No problem. 

No problem.