Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

I just watched Mark Lawson's (Brody Lovett) second set of scenes on "General Hospital" and he really is so charming as Dustin.  It's a little hard to get invested given it's, you know, "General Hospital" and I can't imagine Dustin won't go under the bus for some mob flunky or crappy Faison kid or whenever they bring back Dante, but I'm gonna make an effort to keep up with his scenes.

He also gave this great interview to Soap Central.  While I highly doubt the show will explore this dichotomy, I like what he says about Dustin both being a teacher, but also experiencing the nighttime in Port Charles as a rideshare driver:

https://www.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2019/0726-mark_lawson_interview.php

• Love 1

Thanks for posting that interview, @TeeVee329. It is nice. I laughed when he said he thought Dustin had three novels shoved into a drawer. When I was on jury duty ages ago, everyone was writing a book. Then about 15 years after that, everyone was writing a screenplay.

Perhaps in trying to honor Louise Sorel (a personal friend IIRC), Robin is actually changing up her performance on DAYS quite a bit and not going to 11 much as Vivian so far. I'm surprised and pleased. I've always loved Robin but I've always said she took it to the edge too often on OLTL in her stint from '03-onward, possibly out of trauma over her being ousted by JFP.

• Love 1

I love her, too, but Robin doesn't seem the most chill person IRL and I think that has gotten more true as she has gotten older (she remains the only person who has ever blocked me on Twitter, for example, due to a disagreement about Designing Women). But I'm excited to see what she does with Vivian.

And, hey all.  It's been a long, long time since I've seen y'all or had the heart to talk OLTL but it's so great to see this community continuing on long after TWoP and OLTL have gone away.

• Love 2

I read an interview with RS in which she said she hadn’t done research for Vivian, wouldn’t try to mimic LS, etc. Typical things most actors would say in that situation. But it seems to me that RS is making a LOT of the same choices I would have expected LS to make. Mind meld between old friends perhaps?

That said, on today’s episode VivianDorian whipped out an overly dramatic, overly French pronunciation of “Deveraux” and I had a few feelings.

I'm not actually watching GH, but I have to laugh that they are finally going with the basic storyline that I wanted for the Two Todds story on OLTL. "Wait, there's a chance that I'm NOT the person that did all of those heinous things? He's definitely the real Todd." The fact that they are doing it with RoHo after giving him an even more ridiculously awful character to play means that if the actual viewers weren't insisting that it sucks (and, you know, the rest of the show being GH), I'd consider watching it. 

https://michaelfairmantv.com/one-life-to-live-alum-tuc-watkins-joins-cast-of-showtimes-black-monday/2019/09/19/

One Life to Live Alum Tuc Watkins Joins Cast Of Showtime’s ‘Black Monday’

Intriguing casting news involving the former David Vickers of Llanview.  Tuc Watkins (Ex-OLTL and Desperate Housewives) is set for a season-long guest-star arc on the second season of Showtime’s 1980’s Wall Street comedy Black Monday, which stars and is executive produced by Don Cheadle.

In it, Watkins will take on the role of Congressman Harris, who said to be “a Republican and leader of the Moral Majority.”

According to Deadline who broke the casting news, “Black Monday takes viewers back to October 19, 1987 dubbed Black Monday.   t’s the fictional story of how a group of outsiders took on the blueblood, old-boys club of Wall Street and ended up crashing the world’s largest financial system, a 

Andrew Rannells, Regina Hall and Paul Scheer also star in the series.

This marks the return of Watkins to the premium cable network where he last played the role of Malcolm Laffley on Beggars and Choosers.  In addition, Tuc has been working on the upcoming Netflix film adaptation of Boys in the Band from Ryan Murphy.  Tuc appeared in the that show on Broadway.

The 10-episode upcoming season of Black Monday will bow next year.

He was hiding under a bushy beard, but I stll spotted Josh Kelly (Cutter Wentworth) on the new NBC show "Bluff CIty Law".  Not sure if he's a regular (and I'm not sticking around to find out - I tend to check out fall pilots, but this one's not really my bag), but given he's the ex-husband of the main character who's clearly still got a torch for her, he'll likely be heavily recurring at minimum.

Edited by TeeVee329

And Ron can’t help himself. Today Vivian-Dorian announced that she wanted her son to get together with that woman “whose name starts with a B... no, E! Eve!” 

I haven’t watched all the episodes, but I think that at least he’s refrained from Gabi/Lola jokes. (“I don’t think you should be with Gabi, son, because she strikes me as the kind of person who would poke holes in condoms and kill her own mother as a kid...”) 

3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

And Ron can’t help himself. Today Vivian-Dorian announced that she wanted her son to get together with that woman “whose name starts with a B... no, E! Eve!”

I thought that was kinda a cute callback  Not sure if you saw it, but Dorian Vivian made the same faux paus when she actually interacted with Blair Eve.  It's at least more creative than "Don't I know you from somewhere?" or "You remind me of my niece" or something like that.

It's too bad the Strass isn't hanging around because Vivian and my girl Gabi squaring off has been super fun.  For example...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

The hell?  Crystal Hunt (Stacy Morasco) is still out here acting?  Not just acting, but creating shows?  Not just acting, but creating shows airing on some streaming service I've never heard of?  Not just acting, but creaitng shows airing on some streaming service I've never heard of that also costar Donna Mills?

https://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/general-hospital-donna-mills-crystal-hunt-series-mood-swings-173153

Scott Evans' (Oliver Fish) indie movie "Sell By" has been doing festivals for a while, but it just screened at a bigger one last night and his brother - what's his name again?  Carl?  Clayton?  Connor? - came to support him.  Pics at the link:

(I included this link because one of the Fug Girls went DEEP into Wikipedia to find out about Scott's time on OLTL.  Nash's decomposed body is mentioned.  It's a joy.)

https://www.gofugyourself.com/heres-chris-evans-10-2019

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

So how many stories about Scott either wetting or shitting himself ARE there because it seems like every time they get together on Fallon there's a story to tell.

This time there were two!

Although Chris realizing what Scott was about to reveal might be one of the best reactions EVER.

Also, the idea of Scott wanting to do something involving homicides/forensics was like 'DUHH!! He was a police officer on OLTL!'

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Also, the idea of Scott wanting to do something involving homicides/forensics was like 'DUHH!! He was a police officer on OLTL!'

I so wanted him to mention that when Fallon was asking him about being on a cop show lol!  It did kinda sound like he was trying to mention he had been on a "Law & Order", but it wasn't super audible.

In related news, I am very excited for "Knives Out".  Rian Johnson's "Brick" is one of my favorites so him doing a murder mystery with Bro Evans and the rest of that star-studded cast is right up my alley.

Edited by TeeVee329
On 7/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Or maybe he's [Scott Evans] doing one of those Blumhouse anthology mini-movies, that'd be neat.

I was right!  Our favorite Fish is going to be in an upcoming installment of Hulu's "Into the Dark."  For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a horror anthology where every month is like a mini-movie based on a related holiday.  Scott's starring in this year's New Year's Eve installment, "Midnight Kiss" (great title), which premieres December 27th.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/into-the-dark-augustus-prew-scott-evans-ayden-mayeri-lukas-gage-chester-lockhart-and-adam-faison-for-midnight-kiss-hulu-1202779493/

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

So, apparently GH has hired Amanda Setton (Kim) as the new Brook Lynn Ashton.

That's actually a pretty good recast.  Though I liked Adrianne Leon back in the day, when I watched GH. 

• Love 1

As I already gushed in the GH thread, I am thrilled by this news.  I love Setton (even before OLTL, she was my favorite of Blair's bitches on "Gossip Girl"), I loved Setton as Kim, I'm glad she's back after kinda disappearing, and casting her as Brook is so smart, both in that I can see Setton filling those shoes and that they recast a legacy character versus making her play some nobody.

ETA...what would we think about Setton's Brook seducing Mark Lawson's Dustin away from stupid Lulu?  I can't recall them ever sharing a scene on OLTL, but I could see it being very hot.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
On 11/20/2019 at 2:41 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Farah Fath's (Gigi Morasco) "Days of our Lives" character will be part of the new digital spin-off series, but Fath herself won't!  She's been recast due to, per another site, "scheduling conflicts".  What ever could those be?

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/days-of-our-lives-last-blast-reunion-digital-series-1203410547/

Can an utter lack of talent combined with an unnaturally high annoyance factor be called a "scheduling conflict"?

All that lip gloss and no show, how sad.

Renée Elise Goldsberry (Evangeline Williamson) is all over the place today.  She's making her first appearance on CBS' "Evil" tonight, and it was announced that she'll be voicing a role in an upcoming Netflix animated series based on the "Fast & Furious" franchise.  Get it, Renée!

The trailer for Scott Evans' (Oliver Fish) installment of Hulu's "Into the Dark" horror anthology series, "Midnight Kiss":

Seriously, those glasses though!  Also, as far as the horror genre goes, this looks like it's in the slasher movie realm, which I'm into, love a good slasher movie.

ETA...oooh, I wonder if the glasses mean Scott's playing the "final girl"!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

So Scott Evans' (Oliver Fish) installment of Hulu's horror anthology series "Into The Dark" is now streaming and I have some thoughts on "Midnight Kiss":

First, spoiler-free: it's pretty standard slasher flick fare, so if that's your jam, I'd recommend cheking it out.  It is kinda fun seeing the classic tropes - the group of friends, the remote location where nobody can get a phone signal, the person who gets killed early on, but whose absence is plausibly explained, etc. - play out with 90% LGTBQ characters.  Things get wobbly in the third act with a weird twist and the killer's motive, but overall, it's a fun low-budget slasher.

Now, some spoilery thoughts: 

Spoiler

I had guessed that Scott might be playing the "final girl", but it's Augustus Prew - who co-starred with Scott in his indie movie "Sell By" earlier this year - who is and he is particuarly great throughout.  Scott is playing kinda a different character for him, this control-y, Type-A personality who has a tangled, almost toxic history with Prew's character.  These two have great chemistry together, which makes me even more curious to check out "Sell By" and see it set in a different genre.  Also, Scott's butt is like the only one you don't see lol, though that kinds fits the character.

Overall, it was fun, as a fan, to see Scott in such a lead role.  And that's that on that!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

So Ron tweeted something verrry interesting today about a OLTL spin-off for SoapNet he pitched back in 2008:

OMG, as someone who also loved "Port Charles" at points, I feel like I would have been very here for this, I'm presuming, alt-continuity sister show.  And that was right before "True Blood" and "The Vampire Diaries" hit big on TV, people probably would have checked it out.  But of course, couldn't have a soapy show on SoapNet, and certainly not one spun off from not "General Hospital".  Oh well, still a fun thought experiment.

ETA...OMG now I'm imagining newbie Fish (he first showed up on OLTL in 2008) as the bumbling cop who can't get anyone to believe him about the vampires! 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Look at that smile! I'm happy for them.

I freely admit to being judgy about names (I'm still not over Ingo Rademacher naming one of his kids Peanut), so I'm wondering if I'm blinded by affection here, because I think Phoenix is actually kind of cool. Finn, not so much, but maybe they wanted the kid to have a more "normal" alternative.

ETA: @TeeVee329 you mentioning Sierra Rose made me realize that it's almost ten years since she was born! Given soap time, she'd be a troublemaking teen by now, giving poor Kyle and Fish gray hair, and fueling a rivalry between Liam and Ryder.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1

Terrell Tilford (Dr. Greg "A Brain Is Not A Foot" Evans) apparently popped up on "Days of our Lives" last week as a D.A. named "James Giddens" (grooooan).  No idea if that's gonna be a recurring gig, but if so, I hope Ron scripts him a flail down a hallway.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1