Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: I Have Not Come to Bring Peace, But a Sword

• Start Topic

Oh, Keefe!  I knew giving him any kind of leadership responsibility in the youth group would likely backfired, but it went even further than that by all of the parents thinking he was some kind of perv; even molester; and basically demanding he get kicked out.  And after Kelvin relents (although, to his credit, he really did try to fight it), he refuses to simply swap to another position and is leaving instead.  No!!  I refuse to believe it will be long term.  Kelvin/Keefe are the best.

Glad that BJ knows the truth now, even though it no doubt hurts a lot.  I honestly do thing Judy loves him in her own way, but she did royally fuck up here, and I'm curious to see how they move forward.  Of course, Stephen is the worst and I hope he gets his comeuppance soon.  Loved how BJ was not only offended by all of the "pootie tang"/locker room talk, but called Stephen out on the gay slur as well.  BJ must be protected at all cost!

Everything about the Cape & Pistol organization is delightfully ridiculous and over-the-top!

Over half of the table being strapped and pulling guns on Peter after he threaten Judy was awesome.  And then Kelvin holding up a fork in dangerous fashion!

Did not predict that Uncle Baby Billy's next idea would be a Holographic Aimee-Leigh but that it's line with him and kind of topical since that seems to be used quite a bit now.

Did not see the cousins' betrayal coming.  I wonder how long that was planned out?

• Like 7
(edited)

C'mon now,I can never get enough of Uncle Baby Billy. May his idea of a hologram of his sister take off in a spectacular fashion!

Edited by Kenz
  • Like 6

Why does Judy try to make that marriage work?

She's obviously attracted to other men.

Does she have to keep up appearances of a happy marriage even though we see the Gemstones are anything but spiritual?

On the surface, Jesse and Ely were happily married men.

But what about Kelvin, he's not a kid, even though he's doing the youth ministry.

Maybe marital problems would be less tolerated from a female church leader.

So more intrigue, they steal chemicals to make a lot of bombs, Gemstones have to be always looking over their shoulders?

I should have known about the cousins betrayal considering the title of the episode, but I still gasped when they drove off with that truck. Their poor mom, I really want to know all of the backstory there.

Oh Keefe, of course giving him a real leadership role in the youth ministry would end up going poorly, although I can imagine a lot of people would struggle with explain how buying buttplugs in bulk is helping the church. Kelvin really did try to fight for him, they better make up soon! 

Uncle Baby Bill wanting to make a hologram of Aimee-Leigh is going to be so awful and I love it. Cant wait to see Eli's face when he sees that thing!

I'm glad that BJ knows the truth even though it means that his sweet feelings have been hurt. Loved when he told Stephan to cut it out with the locker room talk and the anti gay slurs, what a guy. I do think that Judy loves him in her own weird way, but BJ can certainly do better. 

Half the table pulling out guns after Peter threatened to smack Judy was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. Then Keefe pulling finger guns and Kelvin putting up his fork was just the icing on the cake. When did you all get guns?!

"I don't judge people for their pasts, I used to sell fireworks on the side of the road."

• Like 6
On 7/3/2023 at 4:52 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Over half of the table being strapped and pulling guns on Peter after he threaten Judy was awesome.  And then Kelvin holding up a fork in dangerous fashion!

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Half the table pulling out guns after Peter threatened to smack Judy was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. Then Keefe pulling finger guns and Kelvin putting up his fork was just the icing on the cake. When did you all get guns?!

All the love for Kelvin and none for BJ's cute little gun and the nose honk? Come on!

Did not see the cousins' betrayal coming.  I wonder how long that was planned out?

Yeah I wonder if it was a set up from the get go? And is May-May actually part of it too? I hope not because I wouldn't mind her sticking around if there's another season. I really have no idea where this all going although based upon how tightly plotted and written the previous seasons have been my prediction is that the climax will involve Gideon showing off his stunt driving skills in The Redeemer...

• Like 5

late to this. Loved the guns at the table and the cousins musical performance. Was shocked that Jesse's "trust" speech at the end was actually insightful/non-bullshit

• Like 3