Type keyword(s) to search

Meisha & Nicola

• Start Topic

Meisha (43, Minnesota) is a 43-year-old divorced Catholic convert who was a TV journalist until she experienced a spiritual awakening in her living room. Seven years ago, while exploring her newfound faith she connected online with Nicola, (46, Israel) a 46-year-old virgin who has never been in a serious relationship and lives with his mother in Israel. They’ve fallen in love, and she’s heading to Israel to meet him.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

In that article Meisha really paints herself as a loon. 

it sounds like she cut off an older non-English-speaking lady in traffic who low-key road-raged on her. Interpreting that at a demonic spirit speaking an ancient language trying to divert her from her conversion is just nuts.

And having the wherewithal to photograph this divinely-induced celestial phenomenon, and then not saving the picture (or having a Cloud backup) sounds a lot more like bullshit than God’s plan. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

In just a few minutes of research, a Redditor dug up quite a bit of info about who Meisha follows on SM including Real Donald Trump, MTG, Flat Earthers, Covid deniers, etc etc etc

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, magemaud said:

In just a few minutes of research, a Redditor dug up quite a bit of info about who Meisha follows on SM including Real Donald Trump, MTG, Flat Earthers, Covid deniers, etc etc etc

That’s tracks with ultra-“orthodox” Catholicism. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Colour me surprised. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic school, and never once heard that going to nightclubs, drinking cocktails, or smoking was frowned upon by the church.  But not drinking beer, apparently.  :D

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic school, and never once heard that going to nightclubs, drinking cocktails, or smoking was frowned upon by the church. 

Exactly, and since I was baptized in 1940, one might think I lived by those rules. NO!  Maybe Nicola joined some off-shoot with strict rules and snakes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Exactly, and since I was baptized in 1940, one might think I lived by those rules. NO!  Maybe Nicola joined some off-shoot with strict rules and snakes. 

There is a significant cultural overlap in America between right-wing Catholics and right-wing Protestants who adhere to those sorts of restrictions. I wasn’t aware of that being the case in Israel however. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic school, and never once heard that going to nightclubs, drinking cocktails, or smoking was frowned upon by the church.  But not drinking beer, apparently.  :D

There are priests who smoke and drink.

• Like 7
34 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Our neighbor worked at the rectory and they ate prime rib on the regular.  Vow of poverty in name only.

Technically parish Priests take vows of chastity and obedience. Vows of poverty are usually taken by Priests in religious Orders. 

No Priests that I’m aware of take vows against alcohol or dancing. Maybe if there’s an Our Lady of Footloose out there somewhere . . . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
24 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Technically parish Priests take vows of chastity and obedience. Vows of poverty are usually taken by Priests in religious Orders. 

No Priests that I’m aware of take vows against alcohol or dancing. Maybe if there’s an Our Lady of Footloose out there somewhere . . . 

There’s always Saint Vitus.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

There are priests who smoke and drink.

In the latest 40s/earliest 50s, our parish priests lived in a small home in the neighborhood.  Sometimes when we walked home from school, we'd walk in the alley behind their house and be SHOCKED, AH SAY...SHOCKED to see beer bottles in their garbage cans.   We were 7-8yrs old and didn't have a clue.  Most parents drank beer at home; I don't know why we thought priests couldn't.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I still can’t get over the feeling we are being punked about these two as a couple. I just don’t get it or see it?!

22 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I still can’t get over the feeling we are being punked about these two as a couple. I just don’t get it or see it?!

• Like 1
On 7/28/2023 at 12:42 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

I still can’t get over the feeling we are being plunked about these two as a couple. I just don’t get it or see it?!

You read my mind! As I was watching I find that Nicola is not behaving like a man that spent 7 years "wooing" this woman into moving over. I also don't know if I buy all that he's selling regarding his personal life. I do believe he's a strong Catholic but for some reason I just don't believe he's as inexperienced around women as he's claiming. Just by some of his comments and dismissive treatment of her, he's been down this road before with women.

• Like 3
On 7/18/2023 at 10:14 AM, Back Atcha said:

In the latest 40s/earliest 50s, our parish priests lived in a small home in the neighborhood.  Sometimes when we walked home from school, we'd walk in the alley behind their house and be SHOCKED, AH SAY...SHOCKED to see beer bottles in their garbage cans.   We were 7-8yrs old and didn't have a clue.  Most parents drank beer at home; I don't know why we thought priests couldn't.

I remember during my early Catholic school years where the schoolteacher nuns' housing was on the other side of the block wall from our "playground." (really the church parking lot with kickball & hopscotch painted on!)  The nuns had black UNDERWEAR.  OMG, they wear UNDERWEAR, like REAL PEOPLE.  Ah, to be so young & naive!

• LOL 3

In case anyone else is wondering...

From ScreenRant:

"Meisha posted a video on her Instagram where she thanked her followers for inquiring about Nicola and his family. 'I’ve spoken with him several times today and they are safe,' she said. Meisha explained that Meisha and his family are on the 'northern side' of Israel more towards the Lebanese border."

"Meisha added that she’s aware 'anything could happen.' The mayor of where Nicola is located has opened up the underground shelters, so if needed, the shelters are 'open and available.' Meisha assured her fans that she would be keeping them updated if she were to hear anything. Meisha received messages in her comments from fans and cast members such as Tyray Mollett who were glad that Nicola and his family were safe."

Edited by Teri313
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

In case anyone else is wondering...

From ScreenRant:

"Meisha posted a video on her Instagram where she thanked her followers for inquiring about Nicola and his family. 'I’ve spoken with him several times today and they are safe,' she said. Meisha explained that Meisha and his family are on the 'northern side' of Israel more towards the Lebanese border."

"Meisha added that she’s aware 'anything could happen.' The mayor of where Nicola is located has opened up the underground shelters, so if needed, the shelters are 'open and available.' Meisha assured her fans that she would be keeping them updated if she were to hear anything. Meisha received messages in her comments from fans and cast members such as Tyray Mollett who were glad that Nicola and his family were safe."

I wonder about Alexi’s family.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I wonder about Alexi’s family.

I went on their FB page earlier today and they just had a Standing With Israel post up. Many people in the comments were asking them if Alexei's family was okay, but there was no actual response or message from them.

• Like 3