Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Tell Her Everything

• Start Topic

After the shocking revelation of Abby’s former identity, we learn of the past entanglements between Mason, Nadia and Celeste, and a horrific decision that reverberates still today. Meanwhile, Nadia and Kyle land at the Manticore compound in Morocco and risk their lives to free their fellow spy. But their hero’s welcome is short-lived as they are forced to grapple with a dangerous accusation.

(edited)

I really liked this episode. I wish that the other three episodes had been this coherent. This one gave me hope that some of the plot holes and too easy or even lazy coincidences will be addressed in future shows.

Edited by BellaR
  • Like 1
(edited)

This was a smidgen better. I actually stopped being bored for at least half of it and did not see the twist coming. I was convinced Mason was going to turn out to be the one who had stolen the Magic Country Hacking Device Thing and be framing his future wife to take the fall for it. If that had happened I was gonna be out. Good effort writers.

It still isn't worth $300 million.

I lol'd when FutureWife (I can't remember either of her names and can't be bothered to look them up) started telling Mason & Nikki that the MCHDT was an impossibility because it would require such a huge server farm. Lady, we literally just saw Priyanka Chopra kill someone by kicking a knife into their neck. NOTHING is an impossibility in this show!

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

their conflict seemed something that could be told rather than shown. Boringly.

The thought has crossed my mind that if I'd just waited until the last episode and watched all the "previouslies" that wouldn't be too dissimilar to watching the actual show and it would save a lot of time.

• Like 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

I didn't find this engaging at all. I just don't care that much about these people, since they won't BE "these people" for very much longer

This show is the metaphorical equivalent of empty calories. The induced selective amnesia plot device is already overdone in four episodes.

All the  Citadel spies are exactly the same: aloof, sarcastic, jaded, nonchalant, oversexed and slightly shady. The action sequences cannot distract from how shallow everything feels.  Everyone is so undefined, the writers can throw *anything* into their past lives.

It is already starting to remind me of The X-files, in the worst way: “Everything you think you know is a lie!!“ (even if we have to retcon the past a little bit)

Edited by shrewd.buddha
clarification
  • Like 1

I'm guessing they're telling so much of this story in flashback so that

• Mason/Kyle and Nadia can get it own without Mason/Kyle cheating on Celeste/Abby/Brielle
  • The powers that be (TPTB) were really fixated on the train explosion in the opening episode
  • TPTB are trying to preserve mystery that they believe would be lost if the story were told in chronological order

Except I've already lost faith in the show. I've stopped caring about whatever mysteries there are. I'm convinced the season will either end with an unsatisfying cliffhanger or with an explanation that doesn't make any sense, or knowing this show, both. I guess in that sense I do have some kind of faith in the show.

Even with an overly long fight scene when freeing Carter in the present day, and 2, 3 or 4 makeout or post makeout scenes in the past with cringy dialogue, this episode couldn't clock 35 minutes. Which goes to show how much filler there is. And even then we don't see Nadia giving the order to hide the thing that the bad guy was working on. Instead, Carter tells Mason. At this point I don't care if Carter is lying or telling the truth.

I don't think it's possible to elevate this dialogue, at least for any character not played by Stanley Tucci. And Richard Madden isn't doing himself any favors if he's trying to use this as a springboard to be the next James Bond. But if he's convinced he won't be the next Bond and this is just a paycheck, then fine.

If Season 2 isn't a while lot better, I'm finding it hard to imagine there will be a Season 3.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

I didn't find this engaging at all. I just don't care that much about these people, since they won't BE "these people" for very much longer, so their conflict seemed something that could be told rather than shown. Boringly.

It's funny that you mention this, because one of the issues that I have is what they are deciding to show, instead of taking the time to fully develop the characters and the story. The producers thought that it was better to show gratuitous violence to the point where it no longer has an impact, instead of taking the time to let us know who these characters are, so that we can care about them. The third episode felt like I must have fallen asleep, and totally missed half of the episode, because it seems to me that torturer twins story is something that should have been explored. A poster here did a better job of explaining it, or at least the original plot that may or may not still exist, and did so in a way that makes me want to learn more about what happened.

• Like 1

OK, so last episode we learned that Abby also had lost her memory due to a "car accident", and that's how she met Kyle/Mason.  Then, at the end of the episode Bernard tells Anders that lost love, Brielle, is alive, and we learn that Brielle and Abby are the same person.  And now we learn that Brielle/Abby is actually Celeste, Nadia's Citadel BFF.

So did Bernard know all along that Celeste was alive, which means he would have known that Mason was alive this whole time? 

Is this why Bernard didn't immediately offer Mason the memory antidote?  Because as soon as he took it he would have realized the woman he married was actually the woman whose memory he had wiped.  Oh, and also the BFF of his actual lover, Nadia.  Is there a vial out there somewhere for Abby/Celeste?

I really didn't think this Abby/Celeste reveal was worth a whole episode.  I was rather bored for most of it.

why would EVIL TWIN - who beat up his wife/love Brille when discovered she manipulated him, be sad and looking for her (so Tucci told him who she was)

Do people select their memory wipe futures? ie picking the back story - or just luck the 2 ex agents met/married

I had wondered WHO would marry a man with no memory (and no job/money) and immediarly have a kid - could he even work for last 8 years, how did he finance things?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, chaifan said:

OK, so last episode we learned that Abby also had lost her memory due to a "car accident", and that's how she met Kyle/Mason.  Then, at the end of the episode Bernard tells Anders that lost love, Brielle, is alive, and we learn that Brielle and Abby are the same person.  And now we learn that Brielle/Abby is actually Celeste, Nadia's Citadel BFF.

So did Bernard know all along that Celeste was alive, which means he would have known that Mason was alive this whole time? 

Is this why Bernard didn't immediately offer Mason the memory antidote?  Because as soon as he took it he would have realized the woman he married was actually the woman whose memory he had wiped.  Oh, and also the BFF of his actual lover, Nadia.  Is there a vial out there somewhere for Abby/Celeste?

I really didn't think this Abby/Celeste reveal was worth a whole episode.  I was rather bored for most of it.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:17 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Am not really sure about the timeline, but could Hendrix be Anders’ daughter??! She’s abt 10yo, right? 🤨

I am wondering the same things.  Bernard knows that Brielle is alive and is married to Mason/Kyle as Abby.  But he obviously knew that Brielle was the undercover name of Celeste.  So if he knew that Celeste was alive, I'm thinking he probably knew Mason was alive, and probably also that Nadia was alive.

I do think it's entirely possible that Celeste/Abby was pregnant by Anders already when she and Mason met/married.

Bernard knows all the secrets and isn't sharing any of them with Mason or Nadia.  Would not be at all surprised if somehow he is one of the bad guys in all of this.

Or maybe Nadia knows all the secrets too.  

Show is getting a bit too convoluted, as convoluted as the twisting upside down camera.  I think I'm just here for the fight sequences.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, catherinejane said:

why would EVIL TWIN - who beat up his wife/love Brille when discovered she manipulated him, be sad and looking for her (so Tucci told him who she was)

Do people select their memory wipe futures? ie picking the back story - or just luck the 2 ex agents met/married

I had wondered WHO would marry a man with no memory (and no job/money) and immediarly have a kid - could he even work for last 8 years, how did he finance things?

Wasn't it the twin brother who beat up Brielle?

• Like 2
21 hours ago, catherinejane said:

His brother beat her up. Allegedly, the lover was tied up in the basement, but he escaped.

• Useful 1
On 5/15/2023 at 4:33 AM, chaifan said:

These are excellent points which I did not think of because this show discourages being thought about. 

There should be a vial of memory-restoring liquid in Mason's case too.

This is the first episode I was actually surprised by something in this show. It's all been very generic for me, from the action to the plot.

But the reveal of the wife made me perk up because I did not expect it. I think it's delicious and ironic that Mason created his own fake life.  I suspect the child is going to be the one really screwed over in all of this.  It's all very contrived but I am more interested in the remaining episodes now.

• Like 1

Is there a vial out there somewhere for Abby/Celeste?

I thought Mason didn't have a vial prepared for her because he didn't ever want her to get her memory back.  Unless they find another way to recreate the memories, I think she is screwed.