Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: When Abby Met Gabby

• Start Topic

Neil’s crush on Abby is making things uncomfortable for everyone, but Abby sees a way out when she meets an unrequited love from his past who just happens to be newly available. Meanwhile, Gurgs fails to protect Dan from an unruly member of the gallery and vows never to let him down again.

Airdate: April 25, 2023

Olivia and Abby constantly imagining Neil getting caught in a honeytrap was fun :D. As was Dan and that guy who wanted to get all into his "character" before throwing the drink at him :p. I also liked Gabby, she was nice and it would've been interesting to see her and Neil go out, even if only once. 

I liked the way Abby turned Neil down. And I can understand her wanting to rethink some aspects of her relationship with Rand in and of itself, even taking into account that she didn't have those concerns prior to meeting Gabby. But I do think a lot of people, in the lead up to a wedding, will have some questions/doubts they have to shake out and everything in and of itself, so it's natural she might have that here, too.

Of course, obviously I imagine this isn't the last we'll see of this whole thing with Abby and Neil, so it'll be interesting to see how they ultimately deal with that as the season winds down. 

• Like 1

Yes it may not really be the end of Abby/Neil.  Not saying that I'm hoping for it, but I can't stand Pete Holmes at all so I hope Abby at least does break up with Rand.

The funniest part was Dan trying to get one of the prisoners to throw the drink at him and the actor failing at it.  It was funny to see Bearded Guy again - I missed his first name, but isn't his middle name Marilyn?

Hopefully they will  start to have more in court characters and scenes.  Right now I don't think there's much more to be gained with all the "personal" story lines.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

a honeytrap 

🤔 I thought they said “honeypot”.  These are two very different things. 

Wellll…I get the whole “He has a type” sl;  *I certainly do.  I still hold out hope for those two.  Still betting on “trapped in the elevator” to work this out.

Olivia won Best in Show tonight.  She was actually sensible and not at all loony, as opposed to her court fellows.  Didn’t much care for the silliness; felt a bit OTT.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, voiceover said:

🤔 I thought they said “honeypot”.  These are two very different things. 

I also heard "honeypot." I pictured him like Pooh getting his head stuck in a hunnypot!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Neil needs to start acting like an adult.  This isn't middle school.    Drawing pictures of your crush while you are at work is juvenile.  

Abby needs to also mention it would never work because SHE IS A JUDGE AND HE IS HER CLERK.     God I wish the writers would understand this.

When Rand showed up in a previous episode there was literally no mention of trains.   Now Abby is all "everything is train related will that get boring?"    They mentioned they went to a corn maze together.    When they had dinner in her chambers they were talking about friends and trivia night.     He was helping her solve an issue with her colleagues.   All stuff normal couples do.  I really wish they would stop doing stuff just for plot purposes and pay attention to consistency.  

• Useful 2

I think my problem with the Neil storyline is that I know nothing about Neil apart from he's the clerk in this court room. I don't necessarily need to be beat over the head with plot points, although that helps sometimes. Olivia wasn't well sketched at first, either, but at least had distinctive outfits that eventually matched with the idea of a striving status-obsessed ADA. 

• Useful 1

"When Abby Met Gabby". Neil’s crush on Abby is making things uncomfortable for everyone, but Abby sees a way out when she meets an unrequited love from his past who just happens to be newly available. Meanwhile, Gurgs fails to protect Dan from an unruly member of the gallery and vows never to let him down again.

I'm losing interest in this show. I am beyond tired of the Neil storyline and them telegraphing Abby and Rand's relationship, this time via Gabby.