Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Keep Your Enemies Closer

• Start Topic

I am sorry, but a stain on Kate's gray pants is nowhere near her biggest appearance problem. It seems as if this show made an effort to run in the other direction in making Kate unglamorous as opposed to her and others being worried about "who are you wearing." I agree that the media and general public have really been assholes about that with women in general, but especially with women politicians. With that said, it is still not an excuse not to look presentable. Brush your damn hair! If the character were an entertainer, I would feel differently. 

Edited by Enigma X
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Liking the show but really getting annoyed that the woman hardly ever seems to bathe or comb her hair. Maybe cut the hair short if she does not have the time. The CIA head appears to be afflicted with the same bad hairstyle problem.

Sorry, the hair thing is really getting to me. I keep mine short. Cannot abide straggling strands around the ears, face and neck. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, Pothunter said:

Liking the show but really getting annoyed that the woman hardly ever seems to bathe or comb her hair. Maybe cut the hair short if she does not have the time. The CIA head appears to be afflicted with the same bad hairstyle problem.

Sorry, the hair thing is really getting to me. I keep mine short. Cannot abide straggling strands around the ears, face and neck. 

They wrote that into her character from the beginning -- she was described as someone with VP potential but who needed a haircut! I agree it's distracting but I also understand it's Hollywood code for "woman who is serious about serious things and DGAF about style". The CIA hair, on the other hands, looks fine to me and clearly cut/styled as a shag.

• Like 9

That last scene was really something.  She comes home after a completely shitty day and just needs a good f*ck.  Hal sees this and has fully embraced his role as "the dutiful wife".  He knows that look.  Without a word, they both sit on the bed and start undressing.  Perfect.

Hal knows a lot of people, has a lot of experience, and in general would be a great supportive spouse.  He's figured out that he can still do a lot behind the scenes, and without the stress of being the one in the spotlight.

Ganon is an asshole, but Rayburn is an idiot if he listens to him.  Obviously that meeting didn't go the way Kate would have wanted, but I don't understand why Rayburn even listens to Ganon.

• Like 5
On 4/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, Renee in CA said:

I constantly spill things on me so I really identify with that. But yogurt on black pants is still going to show.

But the water stain left from washing it off wouldn't show. But I agree with the notion that the water spot on her suit was the least of her appearance problems.

• Like 8
On 4/22/2023 at 12:55 PM, Renee in CA said:

I constantly spill things on me so I really identify with that. But yogurt on black pants is still going to show.

Yes!! And the yogurt I eat slightly explodes as I pull the foil off. Kate, I feel your pain.

• Like 2

So the ambassador’s plane is equipped with a time-travel device? Because if you leave DC for London at 9 or 10 in the morning (when it’s 2 or 3 in the afternoon London time), and it takes 7 hours to fly, there’s no way it’s afternoon when you get to London.

• Like 1

I have been enjoying this show, but the fact that we are this late in the season and they are now at "maybe it is not Russia" is super annoying. Especially since several episodes have been all about drawing up plans to respond to Russia, some of which would have started World War III. And it was all based on one piece of information from a guy who died before he could give any actual evidence, from a country who didn't want to be blamed. Did no one bother to try and get any other evidence? Because all you apparently has to do was talk to the Russian ambassador. It all seems very stupid.

If we end up back at the point where the attack from the mercenary was backed by Iran I will be super annoyed.

On 5/14/2023 at 7:00 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

I have been enjoying this show, but the fact that we are this late in the season and they are now at "maybe it is not Russia" is super annoying. Especially since several episodes have been all about drawing up plans to respond to Russia, some of which would have started World War III. And it was all based on one piece of information from a guy who died before he could give any actual evidence, from a country who didn't want to be blamed. Did no one bother to try and get any other evidence? Because all you apparently has to do was talk to the Russian ambassador. It all seems very stupid.

If we end up back at the point where the attack from the mercenary was backed by Iran I will be super annoyed.

That’s because this show isn’t really about the “who done it” part but about the relationships among all the players. I find that part much more interesting than the specifics about the attack. Each of the characters is navigating their way through personal and business relationships. I think the show is doing a great job with that.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Dminches said:

That’s because this show isn’t really about the “who done it” part but about the relationships among all the players. I find that part much more interesting than the specifics about the attack. Each of the characters is navigating their way through personal and business relationships. I think the show is doing a great job with that.

I get that it is supposed to be mostly about the relationships. But at the same time Kate is supposed to be some super smart diplomatic brain. And the fact that they spent so much time dealing with a Russian plan without much work confirming that one little note makes her and the rest of the characters look like idiots.