Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Deep Trouble (2) 2014.09.29

• Start Topic

Callen and Sam are trapped in an armed submarine that terrorists have aimed to hit an aircraft carrier in San Diego. Meanwhile, Hetty defies orders and forgoes her trip to Washington, as the team tries to locate and save Callen and Sam and prevent the terrorist attack, on the sixth season premiere of NCIS: LOS ANGELES, Monday, Sept. 29 (9:59-11:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

• Love 1

They were right. I held my breath.  Love Callen & Sam.  I may not watch it all season but this one was made of win!  Honestly, they seem more in tune with each other and the joking than Deeks and Kinsey whom have "relations."  Heh.

First time I've ever felt Hetty showed real emotion that deep, too.

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 3

For the love cheese, why won't they let Deeks get a haircut?? His hair literally looks like a mop right now.

Hetty rocks, as usual. The scene in the limo was hilarious.

Seriously, show? Having Kensi and Whatshername get into a stupid catfight over Deeks?? Ugh

But Callen and Sam are awesome teammates -- even with that ridiculous sub story.

• Love 2

Seriously, show? Having Kensi and Whatshername get into a stupid catfight over Deeks?

At least Whatshername was more tolerable, even mid catfight, with Kensi than Deeks.  But a black bra under a light colored shirt?  I'm pretty sure that was oh-so-edgy a few decades back...for teenage girls.  Been so long I don't even remember if that was a Madonna thing...

That's the most lively Callen has ever been.  At least they didn't go all shmaltzy.

I think it was a great episode for Callen and Sam.  A terrible one for Deeks and Kensi.

Really liked Callen and Sam, and the bromance between them, and it was the most emotional I've seen Chris be in a long, long time.  And of course L.L is always awesome.

I don't understand why the writers didn't have Deeks find out about the fight. Because I think it would be a good scene for the actor to play, and good character development for both.

The idea, though, of two women beating each other up and then becoming all chummy wasn't even remotely realistic.    At lot of people like Talia, but I am more than ready for her to leave.  I liked her snarky comments about Deeks and Kensi and the whole "oil change" snark.

Props to the writers there for writing a good fight scene, and amazing fight choreography, and her well executed by the actors.

I thought Hetty was already gone in the last episode of Season Five- but I'm not going to worry so much about it.  Will she ever tell Deeks that it wasn't his fault Kensi was sent to Afghanistan?  Will we ever see Hetty get some comeuppance?   I'm pretty sure Hetty will get out of it without help from the team.  Which is too bad, actually.  It would be nice for them to rescue her.

• Love 1

WTF with Grainger being all Team Hetty? I could buy him pulling strings for Sam and Callen since they're his agents. But it's been clear he has an uneasy alliance at best with Hetty and now he's all 'it's a witch hunt. You're awesome! Need a hug, woobie?'

• Love 1

I thought Hetty was already gone in the last episode of Season Five

I think her driver had just shown up and she was on her way to the car.  I hope she still has to go to Washington to answer questions and get raked over the coals.

I must admit, I got a little teary-eyed when Sam and Callen surfaced and Deeks and Kensi spotted them.  Loved Sam and Callen together, how they get along with each other and mostly that they were ready to die to keep the jihadists from blowing up the aircraft carrier.

The cat fight was ridiculous and an insult to women.  Is Chuck Lorre producing this now?

Cat fight aside, I am very glad the show is back, looking forward to how everything plays out.

Cat fight aside, I am very glad the show is back, looking forward to how everything plays out.

This.

The season finale was weak, so I was glad this was much better.  S5 was about Deeks and Kensi and that's fine -- they both had interesting arcs -- but I had missed a focus on the Sam and Callen partnership.  "I've never seen you so excited about a suicide mission."   That's what I wanted to see.  They both used their skills, they both faced death in their own ways, and then they kicked ass.  Loved the scene when they surfaced and Sam could be funny again -- and the Deeks/Kensi reaction before and after.

Now let's deal with Hetty and her role in sending Kensi to Afghanistan.  That should have some ramifications and I'll be sorry if they only deal with it via DC/higher-ups and not with the team as well.  Kensi and Deeks, in particular, should find out and be pissed off.  You wrote it, guys, now deal with it.

• Love 4

Loved seeing Sam and Callen MacGuyver their way out. And I thought it was very true to both their character that once they figured out what was going on, neither hesitated to accept that they had to stop the bomb, even if it killed them. Liked the aside to Sam writing a letter to family.

Just how many kids does Sam have? He references a daughter occasionally and she usually sounds like an only child when he does. There was only 1 child in the picture he was carrying in Spoils of War. But he clearly said 'kids'. Either lazy writing/continuity or Sam a child who's life he is not very involved in. Which doesn't fit his character in the least.

I'm not pleased they went to the catfight place with Kensi and Talia but I am glad it was more because Talia was very deliberately needling Kensi rather than straight jealousy. And I think it fits that neither of them would be wiling to tell Deeks what had happened. 

Love the last scene of depth charges at the boathouse.  Trust Deeks to come up with something so wrong and yet so appropriate!

• Love 1

anna, I've always wondered about the inconsistency with that.  No show bible, apparently.  It was "kids" when he asked Kensi to babysit them in S2 (?).  Then it was just a daughter for a long time, including in Afghanistan when we saw the picture of his wife and daughter in the sleeve of his jacket.  So..who knows?

• Love 1

Yeah but is is driving me nuts. No way Sam has a child out there that he isn't an active parent to. Writers need to get it together. That is fairly big plot hole.

As for Hetty, I like her but it's time to answer for Afghanistan. And it's time for her to face Kensi and confess what she has done.

Please don't throw things at me, but I thought Kensi was a little bitch. You and Deeks decided now was not the time to be together so you don't get to act like an 8th grader. I thought she was completely out of line with the head butt. I don't think Talia would have needled her if Kensi hadn't been acting like such a raging jealous bitch.

YMMV.

My love for the Callen Sam bromance knows no bounds.

• Love 5

Hated Kensi and Talia getting in a "catfight" over Deeks. Stupidest.shit.EVER. And then they're besties?! Ugh. I certainly don't mind them being friends, in fact, I'm totally fine with it, but the fight was stupid and unnecessary.

Callen and Sam were awesome this episode and definitely continue to be why I watch-- I love the bromance. I hope the show does better by Kensi and Deeks, though, because it sure didn't this episode.

Why the hell was Nell doing a  medical assessment on Callen and Sam? Could we get a real doctor please? I guess this isn't the most ridiculous thing on this show, but seriously, it bugged the crap out of me. Hetty may be grooming Nell to take over her position one day, but she can't do everything.

Given that Gibbs on the Mothership has never had to account for bending the law in certain situations, I highly doubt Hetty will be held accountable. Part of me doesn't really know why they're doing it at all, but I guess it's because she holds a higher position and I'm sure she will eventually be seen to be (mostly) infallible.

• Love 2

Yes, Nell doing the medical exam was all sorts of ridiculous. It was like they ran out of budget for the show so couldn't hire an extra to stand there for 10 seconds holding an otoscope. Oh, Nell can do it, she does everything else!

• Love 1

It would have been ridiculous to have an even an extra checking out Sam and Callen. They were have cleared by medical personnel at the facility that chopper was based out of, if there wasn't a medic on board to check them out first.

Good ideas Sam and Callen both had to short out the batteries and lights, then make the hole in the side of the sub to sink it. Surprised they did not break a hole in the door to try and escape that way first,before breaking a hole in the side of sub. "We are going to paradise, you are going to hell" was strong by Jabril, but they all believed in it. The Morse Code tapping was a good idea too. They didn't always agree, but Sam and Callen still did good together.

Kensi's little fight with DEA Agent Talia Del Campo was funny. Doubt it would happen, but. Then they became friends and made the day rough on Deeks. But he deserved it.

Deeks interrogation of Michael Wilson sometimes was funny.But it was also not nice. Then calling leader Jabril, "Jar Jar Binks".

At end though, Deeks making "Depth Charges:" for drinks was cool.

Hetty getting out of her Washington visit was nice for the team, but will she pay later? The White Ghost story didn't really end, but it may in DC.

• Love 1

I think it was a great episode for Callen and Sam.  A terrible one for Deeks and Kensi.

Really liked Callen and Sam, and the bromance between them, and it was the most emotional I've seen Chris be in a long, long time.  And of course L.L is always awesome.

I think that's been the problem with NCIS LA since last season.  Since Densi took over and ate the show, the desire to watch has lessened considerably for me.  I find the immature behavior between Kensi and Deeks to be more than offputting, it's insulting.  I tend to FF everything involving Densi because I can't take the cheesy dialogue with them, and I focus on the good stuff:  Callen and Sam.  

I like drama.  I don't mind some humor in my shows, but I hate stupid, immature, adolescent behavior in grown adults.  That's all I see with Kensi and Deeks.  I see two overgrown teenagers with guns.  It's the "adults" that I like to watch, and Callen and Sam didn't disappoint.  I loved absolutely everything about what happened in the sub.  They were both really puzzling out the problem, and when they realized what the sub's purpose was, they both opted to sink the sub even if it meant their own deaths.  Callen's almost enthusiasm over the incident was both amusing, upsetting, and intriguing.  He's at his best when his back is up against the wall, and Sam was just as focused.  Those two make a great team, and I hope there is more focus on them this season and less on Densi.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1

Well to me Densi has been awkward ever since Kensi and Granger got back from the Afghanistan Assignment. Her and Deeks do act more like kids. It seems Kensi is stooping to his teen behavior and side stepping their one night or close contact. She was whisked off to Afghanistan and it seemed to me their relationship had something to do with that. I know in real life she was pregnant and instead of the missing in action, or the hide the belly behind the desk, computer, wall scene on many other shows(Numb3rs, and The Mentalist come to mind) they made this little "White Ghost" side story. Also granted it had to do with Kensi's ex being one of the suspects, but since it was never really solved they kinda dropped the ball. I still go for Booker the tech guy(he played a badie on Bones). But they need to get that relationship cleared up. Yes Hetty asked Deeks if she had to worry and he said no, so maybe it was a one night thing or an almost one night thing. We don't know that they actually slept together. Now if Hetty's talk in Washington goes right they should give us some answers on that Afghanistan Assignment. Then maybe the Densi thing can smooth out. It still seems to me that Deeks wants more Kensi in his personal life and Kensi is scared, etc, and wants it to be platonic.

Edited by webruce