Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Money Honey

• Start Topic

Captain Milius returns to Hawai’i as the NCIS team works to catch a dangerous high-value U.S. Government target with the help of an informant unlike any they’ve ever encountered. Also, Tennant and Daniel deal with Alex’s acceptance into the Naval Academy.

Wait a minute! In the elevator, Jane and her team should be able to see Adriana with the gun, right? Kai only took off his earpiece, his button cam was still working.

Daniel calling Joe “Captain America”! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Love that Adriana turned out to be more than meets the eye.

I really like Jane and Alex'sDavid's relationship. It's just so... healthy. I'd love to see the backstory on how they got there; it probably took a lot of work. "Captain America" (NCIS version and MCU version) is always welcome on my screen.

Edited by theredhead77
Correction on character names.
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

I enjoyed this episode a lot. The guys were so funny with Adriana in the mall and it was nice to see Kai able to be I don't know, not yelling at his father. I like the relationships on this series both personal and working. Everything is so negative in the world now it's nice to see a show depicting a family who are working it out. Jane and Alex are great as mentioned up thread. The Captain America line was funny. Just overall warm feeling with this episode/ show. 

Edited to add: The girl who recognized Jesse at the bar, kept it to herself, then clobbered the bad guy was a gem moment I didn't see coming.

Edited by OLynn33
  • Like 9
4 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

Edited to add: The girl who recognized Jesse at the bar, kept it to herself, then clobbered the bad guy was a gem moment I didn't see coming.

Edited 1 hour ago by OLynn33

That and the Captain America line were the highlights in a really enjoyable episode . A family not wallowing in drama but willing to work through troubled waters and listen to each other is a rare sight in tv land. I really appreciate the writing for Jane and Daniel, they get along but it's clear that they had to work to get where they are now. Bonus: no Whistler-Lucy drama.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 4

I liked the parts with Captain America and the Alex/Daniel issues over the Navy.  Is there any reason why Joe doesn't come around more often?  I thought Enver Gjokaj had some commitment to some other show which is why he couldn't be on NCIS Hawaii more often, but he doesn't really appear to be doing much.

I liked seeing Jesse and Kai undercover but I really couldn't stand Adriana.  She was extremely irritating.  What is it  lately with the guest actors and CI's on this show being really irritating?  The FBI guy that used to work with Jesse, the sketchy CI from last week, now this completely annoying woman?  She was so irritating I was hoping she was going to get shot ASAP.

10 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Daniel calling Joe “Captain America”! 🤣🤣🤣

And Jane following suit! I liked that she insisted on prior notice in future, if CA half expects to spend any time with her when he drops in. Reinforced by the uncomfortable family dinner to discuss Alex’s future. I don’t think she was disappointed in the least when he finished eating and ducked out, she just wanted him to feel as blindsided as they did. Subtle, but effective.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I liked the parts with Captain America and the Alex/Daniel issues over the Navy.  Is there any reason why Joe doesn't come around more often?  I thought Enver Gjokaj had some commitment to some other show which is why he couldn't be on NCIS Hawaii more often, but he doesn't really appear to be doing much.

I liked seeing Jesse and Kai undercover but I really couldn't stand Adriana.  She was extremely irritating.  What is it  lately with the guest actors and CI's on this show being really irritating?  The FBI guy that used to work with Jesse, the sketchy CI from last week, now this completely annoying woman?  She was so irritating I was hoping she was going to get shot ASAP.

Along with Lucy and Boom Boom probably  just that long flight to Hawaii. Didn't his character have to take a slow Coast Guard propeller plane to the Philippines on his last appearance.

The witness was annoying but I liked that her friend got off on her girlfriend having undercover security at the party 

11 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

Me either, but I *didn't* recognize the girl at the bar. I did enjoy when she came back at the last minute to save Jesse, though, and they reminded the slower audience members (i.e. me) who she was!

• LOL 2

This has nothing to do with the episode per se, but the title reminds me of the song of the same name by the Bay City Rollers (remember them?)  It was their second single, following their #1 Saturday Night. It didn't reach the top but did hit #10 in the spring of 1976.  The only song by them that I liked.  And weirdly, the main NCIS episode title was Stranger in a strange land, which was a great song by the heavy metal group Iron Maiden (I think from their Powerslave album).  I know Grey's Anatomy uses song titles as episode names, wonder if the NCISes are following suit.

On 3/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, blackwing said:

I liked seeing Jesse and Kai undercover but I really couldn't stand Adriana.  She was extremely irritating.  What is it  lately with the guest actors and CI's on this show being really irritating? 

Agreed. They should just have told her that either she's doing what they want now or they're going to leave her alone. Yes, they wanted the flash drive but she wanted protection. I don't buy that the CIs are the ones calling the shots, not just on this show but on others as well.

Why was everyone blaming Joe and why was he the only one who apologized? It was Alex who approached him and I don't think Joe was wrong to assume that the parents knew. After all, the way Alex was raised, he didn't have any reason to assume otherwise. The parents should also have asked themselves why their son kept it from them; some reflection instead of passing around blame would have been in order.

• Like 4

I am getting caught up, and that was a big ole heap of hokum.  First, how can the agents protect her while carrying all her bags?  Or sitting beside her getting his own pedicure?  Or grabbing dresses for her to try on?  Have these writers never seen The Bodyguard?  Kevin Costner laid out the rules so neatly.

I liked the personal story so much better.  Again, we didn’t go the cliche route of Daniel being jealous of Joe, and the three of them did a nice job talking it out.  Jane’s concerns were valid, too, when she pointed out Alex’s quick changes in focus and how much of a calling the job is.  I like Joe; he can come back anytime!  Just call first . . .