Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves

Bort
  • Start Topic

Catherine returns to Grey Sloan for a surgical case that makes Lucas and Blue queasy. Amelia treats a possible cancer patient with a family that’s a little too supportive. Owen takes his medical future into his own hands, much to Teddy’s surprise.

Airdate: March 16, 2023

• Useful 1

Carrying around your dead sister's ashes in a box for years is super weird and creepy.  On the positive side, I suppose the actresses were thrilled they got to try out Boston accents for the episode, so bully for them.

The rest was meh.  It seems like the only thing Owen actually learned from the mess he created was that he would do it all again, but pretend to care about Teddy before doing whatever it is he wanted to do anyways.

And no, interns, you don't put on clothes someone left out as garbage on the side of the road without washing them.  That's gross.   

• Like 7
10 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

I'm going to be inconsolable when Catherine dies. I love Debbie Allen too much!

When (if) that happens, I wonder if Debbie Allen will reprise her role as Hondo's mother on S. W. A. T.  It could be that she is stepping back from acting in general (isn't she now a producer on Grey's since Shonda is pretty much out of the picture now?)

This was a marked improvement over last week's episode, in that it took place at the hospital, instead of some house party or some awkward dinner. That said, I still don't really care about any of these new interns. The show has not done anything to make me invested in them. I don't care about Adams and Griffith and whether or not they get together, and I barely remember the names of the others ones, that's how poorly they've been developed, ten episodes into this season.

The cases were OK I guess. I knew that lady from last week was going to die though. You don't get an extra episode if you're going to live!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Go home, Maggie.

Does this mean we can stop watching Owen and Teddy argue all the time?

I'd rather see Maggie & Winston in therapy rather than her couch surfing at Amelia's.

PLEASE let this be the end of the bickerson  storyline!

16 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

I'm going to be inconsolable when Catherine dies. I love Debbie Allen too much!

I'm gonna be a mess. Losing Adele was bad enough, watching Catherine go is gonna be hard.

Not a bad episode. I'm hoping they continue to develop the interns as people. Still waiting for them to bring Helms back. 

• Like 6

I have to roll my eyes when this show (and other medical shows) have doctors spending significant amounts of time with patients providing them moral support or as a death watch.

I have never known ONE doctor - let alone several doctors - spend any time with a patient that isn't medically necessary. I don't find that to be a bad thing as it really would be a stupid allocation of resources. If people don't have family, perhaps one of the nursing staff - not the RN's who are busy generally as the charge nurses would provide some amount of emotional support.

To me the whole scenario of doctors with this amount of time to waste with patients is ridiculous. I wonder if some people actually think that they are going to receive this level of service from doctors when they are in the hospital. Even your PCP who does a drop in visit for their patients at the hospital doesn't spend more than five minutes or so evaluating your medical condition so coordinate with the hospital doctors.

Edited by amarante
  • Like 11
2 hours ago, amarante said:

I have never known ONE doctor - let alone several doctors - spend any time with a patient that isn't medically necessary. I don't find that to be a bad thing as it really would be a stupid allocation of resources. If people don't have family, perhaps one of the nursing staff - not the RN's who are busy generally as the charge nurses would provide some amount of emotional support.

Not just doctors, but multiple surgeons. You'd think they'd put her on hospice with the staff who do that (I assume this advanced state-of-the-art hospital has some kind of hospice program...). We had a family friend with cancer who was in the hospital for a while before being put on hospice; she was kept in her room but her care/caregivers changed, with pain management and hospice nurses who trained to do that kind of care, and it was a private room with a chair that unfolded into a bed so her husband or one of her kids could stay every night. I'm sure doctors checked on her but they weren't the ones managing her medication day-to-day, and at that point of course the surgeon had no reason to be involved.

• Like 7
On 3/18/2023 at 12:59 PM, ams1001 said:

she was kept in her room but her care/caregivers changed, with pain management and hospice nurses who trained to do that kind of care, a

That's what bothered me, that she was dying and the only doctors treating her were a couple of surgeons and interns who weren't trained in palliative care and some of whom (Millin) couldn't the fact that she was dying. And then I started thinking about all the patients over the years who got surgeons instead of the doctors and nurses that they needed starting with the quintuplets born in the pilot episode who got surgical interns to take care of them instead of neonatologists. Oh well...

I liked Amelia telling the over-involved sisters "I have to take her to the room and stabilize her heart" and when the patient asks what's wrong with her heart, Amelia replied nothing, she just needed to get the sisters away and Barbara says "You are good".

Owen and Teddy's stories are a waste of airtime.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Amelia telling the over-involved sisters "I have to take her to the room and stabilize her heart" and when the patient asks what's wrong with her heart, Amelia replied nothing, she just needed to get the sisters away and Barbara says "You are good".

Owen and Teddy's stories are a waste of airtime.

I liked what Amelia did there as well! (Of course, I'd be totally panicking if I were Barbara.)

Agreed on Owen and Teddy. I feel like we've been here before. Maybe not in their relationship specifically, but other relationships of Owen's.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Amelia has sisters, she knows the signs of needing a break from them!

• Like 9