Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E16: Butterfly Effect

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Someone commented that Katrina Law has a very Hallmark-y way of acting and I can't unsee that. Her usual moves are turning on the dramatic waterworks, or doing the cheesy fun gal thing.

This episode tried to be too "clever" with too many twists, including the twist of the team knowing to fake being knocked out by the fake gas? Somehow?

But the 1 cool twist imo was the Justin Theroux lookalike going from comedic husband to this ep's Russian baddie.

I wonder if they're setting up another "twist" that the US senator flirting with Parker over pastries turns out to be *gasp* bad. Or maybe it's too politically impolite for NCIS show to go there.

• Like 1

Awww I don’t want the US Senator to be a secret Russian bad guy. I liked her flirting with Parker! 
At least they didn’t kill off Knight’s dad. Another family member lives! No traumatic daddy storyline- woo hoo!

• Like 4

Oh, NCIS cheated - the eagle eggs didn't hatch this time around so that must have been old footage. (According to the posts, the chicks hadn't developed). I'm not entirely sure why they featured the eagles though. It seemed rather random, I expected a connection to the case even if only a vague or symbolic one. 

Why would every TV parent always want their child doing their job? Why would they not want to see their children?

Maybe Knight may not have been able to do anything medically but she could have lent support to her father and/or sister. Doing something is not restricted to anything physically. It could also have a positive effect on Knight, especially if her father had died. 

The way they write these things sounds very old-fashioned and narrow-minded.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

I actually like the Kasie character, but I had to question why she was directing the investigation in that scene with Parker in her lab.

Yes, Kasie in that scene jumped out at me. Too out of character. Guess they didn't have McGee available to be there so the two senior agents could bounce that "trade the kidnapped dad" idea off each other.

The senator's house is stunning. It has to be a real house, and not an elaborate set constructed for 1 episode. The view outside was great and hilly. Is DC that hilly? Can anyone ID whatever region of LA looks this great? Maybe Santa Barbara hills?

Eh, I liked it. But I like Knight and Katrina Law. Can't say much about her acting as I was distracted by her cute coat. Coats are my catnip and I think someone on the wardrobe department shares that trait with me because I still remember some of Ziva's swoon worthy coats - one with a red lining, so damn cool... ahem... where was I? Ah, yes. I thought the bonding between Knight and the thief's daughter was well done and I appreciate all the red herrings they have recently added to their plots: We got from bio terrorist attack no a Navy recruitment center to bio terrorist exercise to somewhat convoluted thievery to kidnapping and finally espionage. Too bad the cute Senator who enjoys Parker's love of pastry might be involved! I also appreciate that Knight has a good relationship with her father and honored him and his code by staying where she was and doing her job. Also: Jimmy keeps being a great boyfriend.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Linderhill said:

as it has been asked in another thread, why so fascinated with an Alaskan eagle nest?  There are plenty of eagles in the DC area.  Several eagle pairs are reported on the news.

Maybe because, unlike other shows - NCIS: New Orleans for example - the location isn't really an organic part of the show.  The writers don't incorporate D.C. into their storylines, other than involving a Senator or government official from time to time.  They rarely film in Washington.  The writers don't seem to know much about the capital city, especially distances on the East coast.

Edited by buckboard
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Buckboard you're so right about the writers not knowing distances.  It annoys me every time they have a murder in Norfolk they leave the office after breakfast and get back by lunchtime.  In reality you could barely get to Norfolk by lunchtime.  It also bothers me they investigate murders in Norfolk when Norfolk is a major naval location and has an NCIS office there.

• Like 3
On 3/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, CheshireCat said:

Oh, NCIS cheated - the eagle eggs didn't hatch this time around so that must have been old footage. 

So I watched the DC eagle cam pretty obsessively for awhile last year around the time of the eggs hatching and the baby eaglet emerging (something happened to the second one after birth), and the timeline they used here for an egg hatching and the baby eaglet developing was waaaayyy speeded up.  

• Like 1