Type keyword(s) to search

Raquel, Rachel; One woman's strange erotic journey from Sur to TomTom

• Start Topic

On 5/24/2023 at 10:05 AM, politichick said:

I am not feeling an ounce of sympathy for Raquel given her mammoth disregard for girl code, but I hope that for her sake she's done with this show. If she truly is in a mental health facility, going back will undo any good that's happening.

I found Rachel's interactions during VPR "sounded" sweet or naive, but I also found she relied heavily on the male cast to help her with statements or point of views. Her talking heads showed a flat affect, or even a delayed understanding of what she was being asked.

I wouldn't be surprised if James and Tom recognized and manipulated her anxiety and need for male affirmations (and/or dependency on them).

I'm glad she's out of entertainment because she'd be too involved with narcissistic men.  She'd also be ostracized because she clearly doesn't see other women as her peers, friends or allies.

She's that gal who'll hang with you between boyfriends. But that's it!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

It's sad that Rachel/Raquel/Rachel feels the need to ask the internet if she should change her name fir a 4th time. She keeps posting in support of mental health organizations but she is in serious need of mental health assistance. She is not empowered. She is lost and messed up and what she's doing to Ariana is beyond fucked up. Where are her parents and why isn't she off social media? 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, surfgirl said:

It's sad that Rachel/Raquel/Rachel feels the need to ask the internet if she should change her name for a 4th time. She keeps posting in support of mental health organizations, but she is in serious need of mental health assistance. She is not empowered. She is lost and messed up, and what she's doing to Ariana is beyond fucked up. Where are her parents, and why isn't she off social media? 

Once again, I am at a loss for words. And end up quoting Keanu Effin Reeves’ monologue from the film “Parenthood.” 

You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, or drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish! But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, surfgirl said:

It's sad that Rachel/Raquel/Rachel feels the need to ask the internet if she should change her name fir a 4th time. She keeps posting in support of mental health organizations but she is in serious need of mental health assistance. She is not empowered. She is lost and messed up and what she's doing to Ariana is beyond fucked up. Where are her parents and why isn't she off social media? 

Something can't be right. At the top of my head, the only other people I can think of who like to switch names are Ye/Kanye and Diddy/Puffy. Not the best company. 

• Like 4
On 5/8/2024 at 3:05 PM, Chalby said:

She's that gal who'll hang with you between boyfriends. But that's it!

This is the quintessential summation of Raquel - utterly brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1