Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: She's Not There

• Start Topic

Ooh, nice to see Beck again. And Love, but we got more of her and she gave as good as she got, so I hadn't really missed her. I wish we could've gotten Candace again. Her story was so sad. I love how all his hallucinations are teaming up to call him out on his shit, but fuck that part of him that started victim blaming and saying Marianne was asking to be kidnapped traipsing off to Europe. This show may be ridiculous but the actors always deliver. 

Aw, poor Adam. Not likable, but certainly didn't deserve to be murdered. Especially by random hired goons. Greg Kinnear is doing a great job in the role. Ugh, he was so awful calling Kate an investment. 

Aw, poor Marianne. I kept hoping she was faking so she could outfox him and escape.  

• Like 3
On 3/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, BlueSkies said:

On a lighter note whenever she or anyone else had to take a crap in Joe's torture chamber did Joe have some plan to get in there to dispose 😅

As someone who needs to pee every couple of hours day and night, I was really distracted by this issue. I didn't see a bucket in Marienne's cage, though previous cages had one (I think). But even if there was a bucket, it would overflow in a couple of weeks if not taken out for cleaning. And it would definitely stink! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
5 minutes ago, Paloma said:

As someone who needs to pee every couple of hours day and night, I was really distracted by this issue. I didn't see a bucket in Marienne's cage, though previous cages had one (I think). But even if there was a bucket, it would overflow in a couple of weeks if not taken out for cleaning. And it would definitely stink! 

Yeah I thought I saw milk cartons in there I could see for having to pee.

To take a crap though? 😂🤮🤮

• Like 1

This has taken a disappointing turn, and P1 & P2 feel like different shows. My daughter & I called Rhys being a delusion almost immediately because Sixth Sense and Fight Club showed us how that’s done, so luckily that didn’t drag out, but the caged Marianne plot is so clunky. Of course it defies all logic that she would tell Nadia to keep it to herself (and that Nadia would even consider that), but I can’t get over how Joe built yet another of the exact same complicated cages and left it in a tunnel that anyone can access. Nobody in London wanders below the streets? It’s just open, a shelter with electricity, and no one off the street ventures down there? I wanted to think that was imaginary too. Why not have her locked in a regular room somewhere?  I also feel like Marianne wasn’t really at risk of losing her child because she has a really good explanation. Like…the best one.  

Edited by RedInk
  • Like 6

Yeah, the whole not calling the police just doesn't make sense. It doesn't! Like sure, even if Marianne thinks he will keep coming after her, why not deal with that AFTER she's out. If her priority is truly getting back to her daughter, get OUT. Why does Nadia listen? I know, it's just a show and I expect a certain amount of fantasy-logic, but why not show Nadia call the police and not being listened to or something? Why doesn't Nadia RECORD any of it on her phone? It's just too too illogical.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 3/10/2023 at 12:46 AM, Door County Cherry said:

Huh.  I guess Kate's dad did tell Joe to kill Rhys if he had Adam killed. 

I was thinking the opposite. If he already has a murder team on retainer, why get a wildcard stranger involved? But then again, part of me also thinks that Phoebe had Adam killed based on her also having a bit of a psychotic break + regret over the marriage + whatever Joe (as Rhys) told her in Sundry House on that first night, which Kate once again brought up this episode. In that case, dad could have been lying to force Kate’s hand. I’ve done all this for you and I’m capable of murder—you better listen to me.

I also think Nadia got there in time with the ketamine and murder supplies. Marianne is faking being dead/unconscious (just like she did when Joe brought her there), so she can attack him in the beginning of the next episode.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 4
On 3/9/2023 at 9:21 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I’ve missed you, Love. Her and Beck haunting Joe is long overdue.

I really enjoyed that. I also liked how they kept reminding Joe they were dead so they didn't have the key. Heh.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:01 PM, bettername2come said:

Aw, poor Adam. Not likable, but certainly didn't deserve to be murdered. Especially by random hired goons. Greg Kinnear is doing a great job in the role. Ugh, he was so awful calling Kate an investment. 

It was inevitable, given how flagrantly Adam was about tapping into Phoebe's money. At least she finally got away from him. Tarnished silver lining.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:12 PM, BlueSkies said:

I thought I saw milk cartons in there I could see for having to pee.

I saw a bucket but no toilet paper. Was Marienne supposed to use the napkings/wrapping that came with her food? Ew.

• Like 2
On 3/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, sandwoman said:

Yeah, the whole not calling the police just doesn't make sense. It doesn't! Like sure, even if Marianne thinks he will keep coming after her, why not deal with that AFTER she's out. If her priority is truly getting back to her daughter, get OUT. Why does Nadia listen? I know, it's just a show and I expect a certain amount of fantasy-logic, but why not show Nadia call the police and not being listened to or something? Why doesn't Nadia RECORD any of it on her phone? It's just too too illogical.

I know. Let’s worry about Joe stalking you after you are out of the glass box. That really suspended my disbelief that Nadia went along with that (Marianne might be weak and dehydrated and terrified so I give her more of a pass on that one). 

• Like 3