Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Lies Have Got No Legs

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? Dying here. That "botanica" must have been a tourist trap. There's a sizable Dominican community where I live, and there are little storefront botanicas all over the place. I imagine that it would be a job to find $200+ worth of candles and herbs at one of those. They're all in the Dominican neighborhoods. 

As soon as the store heard her American accent the cash register suddenly malfunctioned and added a 0 on the end of everything.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I watched her on The Single Life. That's all I need to know. My opinion still stands. 

So tired of all these professional reality show people. Kind of takes me out of the story when I know they're just in it for the exposure. (Not that I'm so naive as to think all of this is genuine, but I enjoy it more if I can pretend and knowing they bounce from one reality show to another makes that hard.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You know, I can usually find at least one couple on each season that I kinda root for...but I got nothing this time. I can't stand any of these people. I'd rather sandpaper a crocodile's ass in a phonebooth than spend 10 minutes with any of em. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I'm just getting to finish up the most recent episode. Holy hell, I think I may like Danielle slightly less than Angela. Angela at least embraces her crazy. 

What in the blue hell is all this "clean your floors with this and your business will be prosperous." This woman needs to try to manifest a brain for herself, cause at this point, she's looking like the Scarecrow skipping down the Yellow Brick Road. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
On 3/6/2023 at 7:29 PM, Katie111 said:

Kris is crazy.  Does anyone else think its strange that she left her 18 year old son to go move to south America with a woman she never met? 

If I remember correctly, she didn't even seem conflicted about it, did she? All-speed-ahead for Kris in her little dream, focusing on herself only. She's going to be heading home with her tail between her legs at the end of this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I'm just getting to finish up the most recent episode. Holy hell, I think I may like Danielle slightly less than Angela. Angela at least embraces her crazy. 

What in the blue hell is all this "clean your floors with this and your business will be prosperous." This woman needs to try to manifest a brain for herself, cause at this point, she's looking like the Scarecrow skipping down the Yellow Brick Road. 

On Catfish this week there was a woman who claimed to be a witch and could “manifest” things by whispering words into the wind.  Sounds cheaper than buying water with food coloring.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

Danielle drives me crazy. Is she just picking fights at this point? It isn’t any of her business if someone in his past had an abortion. There is no child. Get a grip and stop inventing shit. I feel like it was just a translation difference between end the pregnancy and loose the pregnancy. Right? The way I screamed when Danielle had the audacity to talk about dishonesty.

I mean, I totally get preferring cats to people.

I kinda like Oussama, Debbie’s honey. Anyone that treats animals like he does has a good heart. Let’s hope he treats Debbie just as good…😊

Everyone needs a friend like Sanjeet. He’s kind/loving but will point out toxic behaviors without a second thought.

When Jen started to pepper Rishi’s family with those loaded questions, I started to sweat.

A warning ⚠️ to Jeymi. Skip the translator app. Save yourself from the agony of hearing what Kris is saying. would not feel comfortable sharing an apartment with her, she scares me…

• Like 9

Uh, Mahmoud, one reason Nicole is still in the bathroom is because the camera crew has her cornered.

Danielle, it's not Yohan's story to tell--as well as being none of your damn business! I wouldn't want an ex-partner blabbing about a difficult, personal choice I made. Perhaps he was cognizant of that and didn't want to betray the relationship they'd had. Granted, that doesn't explain him telling Sophy. At any rate, I don't think it constitutes a lie or even one by omission.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2023 at 2:29 PM, Katie111 said:

Does anyone think Nicole looks like the actress who plays Meredith Grey?  Obviously not her hair but her voice and facial expressions remind me so much of her.  She also reminds me a bit of Renee Zellwinger.

Kris is crazy.  Does anyone else think its strange that she left her 18 year old son to go move to south America with a woman she never met?  I know 18 is legally an adult, but he might not even be out of high school yet.  I think her girlfriend is going to run away from her soon.

Honestly, I don’t think her kids care or need her. I imagine granny has been doing most of the parenting anyway with Kris having all her ailments and mental health issues. She also looks like a not so former meth user. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
On 3/8/2023 at 4:23 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

When Jen started to pepper Rishi’s family with those loaded questions, I started to sweat.

Me too. I was waiting for her to break out an interrogation light and start water boarding someone!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Kris is crazy.  Does anyone else think its strange that she left her 18 year old son to go move to south America with a woman she never met?  I know 18 is legally an adult, but he might not even be out of high school yet.  I think her girlfriend is going to run away from her soon.

I don't like Kris, but I will say that I'm not sure that this is strange. He was 18, which makes him legally an adult. Without knowing the true dynamics of their relationship, maybe there wasn't much she could do to stop him. I know people who were married and on their own at 18. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2023 at 10:14 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

She mentioned she could not bring her knives from home, why couldn't she have packed them in her checked luggage

I couldn’t find much information as to whether or not you could bring knives into Colombia:

“Can I bring a knife through customs?

The airlines ultimately determine what a traveler can have with them while traveling. They may allow you to travel with knives or swords if they are properly packed in locked luggage that is checked for loading in the cargo area. Contact the airline you intend to travel with to find out if it is feasible to do so”

However, Colombian law is clear that you are prohibited from carrying one. You can be sent to jail and/or fined. Maybe Kris just wanted a knife to keep in the apartment, but I wonder how she even could get it home from the knife store. 

https://homesteadauthority.com/colombias-knife-laws-a-guide-to-safe-and-legal-use/

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
On 3/6/2023 at 3:47 AM, bref said:

Meanwhile, my gorgeous, smart, funny niece can't get a date! 

I’m sure your niece has much higher standards than Tammy Slaton. Her fiancé is no prize

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 3/6/2023 at 2:11 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

She hesitated and said her words were too important to say in Spanish….then, she says it in English.   And, there’s an interpreter who chimes in to interpret to Yohan. Why?  Doesn’t Danielle speak fluent Spanish?

I’m no expert, but I don’t think her Spanish is that good. However she speaks so quickly and confidently that some listeners may mistake for fluency. 

On 3/8/2023 at 5:23 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

From her expression, I thought Rishi’s sister had figured out why Kris was there and asking those questions 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I also suspect his primary concern over his mother's $$$ is how much he'll get when she dies.

I don’t see anything to suggest that he or his sister only care about her money. To me he seems like a thoughtful son. I am guessing EVERYONE in her life thinks someone her age moving to Morocco for a 20-something boyfriend is CRAZY. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
On 3/11/2023 at 12:34 AM, magemaud said:

I’m no expert, but I don’t think her Spanish is that good. However she speaks so quickly and confidently that some listeners may mistake for fluency. 

I feel like this is Danielle’s method for getting through life. If you feign confidence and talk a lot, and talk fast, people will think you’ve got it together. Obviously, she doesn’t. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 3/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, Katie111 said:

She mentioned that her son just graduated HS in episode 1. Many kids move away for college at that age, 2. She can always come home if he needs her, 3. His grandmother is there if he needs guidance. 

I think Kris isn’t making the best decision, but I don’t think she is wrong for leaving her son at this point in his life. I also try to understand that many people who have kids very young have a different perspective- 1. Because they were raising a child in early adulthood the assume a great maturity at that age, 2. Because they didn’t have “adult freedom” when they were young, they are eager for it as soon as their kids are somewhat independent (compared to many people who have kids older and have no desire to see their kids “gone” because they are looking forward to the help adult children can provide, they had their freedom in their 20s/30s).