Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Call Me Better Than Paul Rudd

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Max and Kat fighting is just boring. They have no storylines for this show. Kat being quirky isn’t enough to carry a sitcom.

Their fighting is the same old storyline that EVERY show has when 2 people move in together…

• Like 5

The show is a week late for the Superbowl episode, maybe this was supposed to air last week. Not that it much mattered, it was a pretty boring episode. Max and Kat bickering is not much fun and the only thing that made me like the episode was that the annoying new guy was nowhere in sight. 

Brief kitty sighting!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

I'm pretty much only watching this for the cats and any of the cast except for Kat and Max.

And thank goodness Amish Bakerman was absent!  I guess he was out churning butter and avoiding television and organized sports like a good Amish boy would.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I swear Max was holding a beer at the Super Bowl party.  Might’ve been non-alcoholic - I guess?  But it just struck me as the writers being lazy and forgetful.  

How are Max and Carter affording to splurge on TVs and two thousand dollar mortgages?  The bar is constantly being depicted as struggling.  

Fun fact: Katy Perry’s cat IRL is actually named Kitty Purry.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Their fighting is the same old storyline that EVERY show has when 2 people move in together…

I could have maybe found some mild humor in the fight over setting up the TV console because a lot of that--deciding whether or not to pay to have one someone set it up when it's supposed to be "easy" and then having it turn out to be not so easy--felt relatable.  

But this happened immediately after the campground episode where they also fought and demonstrated incompatibility.  One episode of bickering over living together?  Okay.  But two in a row screams "you guys do not belong together." 

• Like 7
On 2/17/2023 at 9:46 PM, CrystalBlue said:

There was never any chemistry between Kat and Max anyway.  I hope after this bickering episode they realize they should just remain friends and split up.

No and one of them said something that reinforced the notion that "Max is too good for Kat."  (AKA too handsome) I think it might have been her saying something about wearing him down. Either way this relationship is killing the show. I mean, so is Kat's mom. And the new baker... 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

No and one of them said something that reinforced the notion that "Max is too good for Kat."  (AKA too handsome) I think it might have been her saying something about wearing him down. Either way this relationship is killing the show. I mean, so is Kat's mom. And the new baker... 

Yes, Kat said in this episode that after 20 years Max finally realized or gave in to his attraction to her.  Sure, Kat, sure.

By killing the show I take it you mean it in a bad way 😂 not in the "good" way!  😀

• Like 1